Spreading a table

Michael Brady

Nov 1, 2015, 11:07:30 AM11/1/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to select one of the sides of a column, drag it to the right to widen it (or to the left to make it narrow) and *all* of the columns are reduced by the same proportion. IOW, if I drag the right side of a table to the right and make the table 50% wider, that *all* of the cells are widened by 50%, not just the right column by a whole lot?

Drag this table:

| | | |

and it becomes this

| | | |

NOT this

| | | |

Same with top and bottom edges of rows.

Thanks.

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Michael Brady

Dick Margulis

Nov 1, 2015, 11:22:19 AM11/1/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
You can do that if you want all the columns (or a contiguous subset of
them) to be equal in width. Drag to right edge; then select the range of
columns and Table > Distribute Columns Evenly. It's two steps rather
than one, but it does the job. Otherwise, no.

Judy Hicks

Nov 1, 2015, 12:39:01 PM11/1/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
if you shift-drag the rightmost column edge, all columns will expand proportionally (to their original widths).
Judy

via mobile
(punctuation optional)

Michael Brady

Nov 1, 2015, 12:46:31 PM11/1/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com

> On Nov 1, 2015, at 12:38 PM, Judy Hicks <plushd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> if you shift-drag the rightmost column edge, all columns will expand proportionally (to their original widths).
> Judy

Thanks. I tried the other modifier keys but forgot about that one.

Michael Brady