InDesign Books in Hindi

D K Parsai

Aug 31, 2017, 9:15:02 AM8/31/17
to InDesign talk

Hi,

I am seeking help in using InDesign for Hindi Books. Any help on templates, additional fonts and formats will be welcome.
I have used InDesign for my English books but now want to get a hindi book out.

Thanks
DK

David Blatner

Aug 31, 2017, 5:24:43 PM8/31/17
to InDesign talk
Hi DK, funny you should write about that: We have been planning on publishing an article in InDesign Magazine for a long time about this topic. However, we have not been able to find enough designers who use InDesign for Hindi (or other Indic languages) who are willing to allow us to show their work in the magazine. It is frustrating!

There are certainly some important techniques that could be shared on this topic.

--david blatner

D K Parsai

Sep 5, 2017, 11:39:40 AM9/5/17
to InDesign talk
Yes, there seems to be total silence on this subject.... or may be those using InDesign for Hindi or regional Indian languages do not use this forum.

--dk

David Blatner

Sep 5, 2017, 7:07:19 PM9/5/17
to InDesign talk
DK, you might find more Indian speakers/designers on the forums at InDesignSecrets.com (requires a free or paid membership).
--david b.

Michael Collie

Sep 5, 2017, 9:20:20 PM9/5/17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Adobe software may not be the best choice. I know that InPage is used by *millions* of Urdu-speakers in Pakistan and India.

What do Hindi-language publishers use?

Is Akhar software adequate? http://akhariwp.com/