OT: Hypatia Sans Pro Italics available

William Adams

May 13, 2011, 10:43:09 AM5/13/11
to InDesign talk
(also posted to Typo-L --- my apologies to those who're seeing it twice, but I suspect that more people here own the Roman which was released first and bundled w/ CS than there...)

The italics for Hypatia Sans Pro have been released!

http://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&event=displayFontPackage&code=1921

Really surprised that I didn't see a mention of this anywhere.... well, I know what my Christmas present to myself will be...

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

Roger Weiner

May 13, 2011, 12:14:19 PM5/13/11
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
We would opt to use Futura which is similar and with so many more
typeface options, rather than buy another san serif font.

Roger Weiner
Forte Press Corporation

William Adams

May 13, 2011, 12:24:27 PM5/13/11
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
On May 13, 2011, at 12:14 PM, Roger Weiner wrote:

> We would opt to use Futura which is similar and with so many more typeface options, rather than buy another san serif font.

Where's a Pro version of Futura available, w/ full glyph coverage including proper primes and other math symbols and compleat Greek?

Besides, didn't everyone choose Hypatia as their registration bonus for CS3? Nice to finally be able to complete the fontset for only $55.

Roger Weiner

May 13, 2011, 12:51:59 PM5/13/11
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
You are correct if those options are important to you.

We hardly ever use greek or special math symbols; mostly do brochures,
ads, business cards, stationary.
We look more for various versions as opposed to glyph options.

Roger

William Adams

May 13, 2011, 1:03:09 PM5/13/11
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
On May 13, 2011, at 12:51 PM, Roger Weiner wrote:

> We look more for various versions as opposed to glyph options.

In that case, I think you may be well-served to look at Hypatia Sans --- it's got quite a few:

http://blogs.adobe.com/typblography/2007/04/hypatia_sans.html

http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/landing/hypatia/hypatia.html

plus ligatures and other niceties which may be of use for any publishing project.

Jules Siegel

May 13, 2011, 1:21:53 PM5/13/11
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
On 5/13/2011 12:03 PM, William Adams wrote:
> plus ligatures and other niceties which may be of use for any publishing project.
True small caps, among them.

--
JULES SIEGEL http://www.moronia.us/
"If it ain't fixed, don't broke it."

http://www.newsroom-l.net/

Michel Raj

May 20, 2011, 5:24:40 AM5/20/11
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to you, I discover this font !
Love it !
I'll probably buy the italics too !

> --
> you are subscribed to "InDesign talk" on Google Groups, to post: send email to indesi...@googlegroups.com, to unsubscribe: send email to indesign-tal...@googlegroups.com, for more options visit http://groups.google.com/group/indesign-talk

William Adams

Nov 16, 2015, 8:53:44 AM11/16/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Le 13 mai 2011 à 16:43, William Adams a écrit :

>> http://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&event=displayFontPackage&code=1921

and I knew I was going to regret not buying those.

There doesn't seem to be a special offer for purchasing just the italics at Adobe's new site, Fontspring:

http://www.fontspring.com/fonts/adobe/hypatia-sans-pro

Am I missing something?

Harbs

Nov 18, 2015, 7:40:04 AM11/18/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
> There doesn't seem to be a special offer for purchasing just the italics at Adobe's new site, Fontspring:

If you scroll down, each style is listed separately for $35 each.

William Adams

Nov 18, 2015, 8:15:23 AM11/18/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 7:40 AM, Harbs <ha...@in-tools.com> wrote:
> There doesn't seem to be a special offer for purchasing just the italics at Adobe's new site, Fontspring:

If you scroll down, each style is listed separately for $35 each.

Yeah, which is a real pain compared to the special offer of all the italics for $49 or so.

William

John Kramer

Nov 18, 2015, 8:29:46 AM11/18/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
At the risk of ruffling feathers, is Typekit not an option here — for reg-bold-italics?
I tend to forget I have the option of syncing.

William Adams

Nov 18, 2015, 8:45:39 AM11/18/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
I'm annoyed, 'cause I kept putting off buying it at the special offer price, and now, when I finally could justify it, the offer has been retracted w/o notice.

Adobe offered the balance of the set at a special price, and has taken that off the table apparently. It would've been nice to've known it was going away in time to've bought it.

William