Off-topic: logo design

Heather White

Oct 20, 2015, 1:02:37 PM10/20/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com

Can one of you help me – I may be heading toward a logo redesign, and am trying to draw inspiration.

There was a webpage I saw once, where they showed many different usages of one logo. It was all their current identity/brand, but the logo went from complex at a larger size, to simpler and simpler as it got smaller (for tablet and mobile phone), until it was just a mark with no text.

Basically showing that you need to have a few different designs for the same logo, depending on the application of the logo.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? I’ve dug into Honkiat.com and Before & After, where I’ve seen a lot of stuff like this, but cannot find it. Any other ideas?

Thanks!!

-heather

John Kramer

Oct 20, 2015, 2:19:12 PM10/20/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Not exactly what you are looking for, but this site shows lots of recent branding efforts, including applications in all media:
The “ratings” are based on subscriber voting (ugh), the site’s creator, Armin Vit, who is very smart. He’s assembled a great compilation.
.

Isaiah Sheppard

Oct 20, 2015, 11:53:44 PM10/20/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Heather try this one

Do a search for identity manuals. For example the standards guide for NASA is available in PDF format.

HOW Design, Communication Arts are two of many places for design inspiration.  Books and websites devoted to giants like Paul Rand are great places to go.

Hope this helps.