Model transformations EMF-IncQuery

Joost van Pinxten

Jan 22, 2013, 4:59:57 AM1/22/13
to incquer...@googlegroups.com
My context: I have a parametrized source model that is transformed into thousands of concrete simulation models; the nature of the parametrization means that the output models are very similar. Upon discovering the idea behind incremental model transformation and the EMF-IncQuery tooling, I decided to pursue this approach.

Is there any source available for the result of "Implementing efficient model validation in EMF tools"? I'd like to see the way the generated artifacts are used and what kind of glue code is needed to provide the interaction with the EMF model. Are there plans to use VIATRA2 Textual Command Language (to express actual model transformations) as a tool on top of EMF-IncQuery? I'm interested in both Model to Model transformations and Model to Text.

If there is nothing out there yet, and no plans to support this in the near future then I will go ahead and create a proof-of-concept using Xtend2.

Hope to see a response soon.

István Ráth

Jan 22, 2013, 5:05:46 AM1/22/13
to incquer...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The IncQuery Validation Framework is what you are looking for. http://viatra.inf.mit.bme.hu/incquery/documentation/validation

Are there plans to use VIATRA2 Textual Command Language (to express actual model transformations) as a tool on top of EMF-IncQuery? I'm interested in both Model to Model transformations and Model to Text.

Yes, we are planning to work on a model/graph transformation engine based on EMF-IncQuery and a textual DSL for control structure.

If there is nothing out there yet, and no plans to support this in the near future then I will go ahead and create a proof-of-concept using Xtend2.

We also plan to use Xtend2 extensively for the transformation DSL (think integrated debug support, refactorings, static code generation for performance etc). "Near future" can of course mean many things :-), but our plan is to have a prototype ready by the summer. Would you like to contribute and collaborate?

regards
Istvan

Joost van Pinxten

Jan 22, 2013, 5:20:05 AM1/22/13
to incquer...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Op dinsdag 22 januari 2013 11:05:46 UTC+1 schreef István Ráth het volgende:
Hi,

Is there any source available for the result of "Implementing efficient model validation in EMF tools"? I'd like to see the way the generated artifacts are used and what kind of glue code is needed to provide the interaction with the EMF model.

The IncQuery Validation Framework is what you are looking for. http://viatra.inf.mit.bme.hu/incquery/documentation/validation

Thank you, I'll check that out.

Are there plans to use VIATRA2 Textual Command Language (to express actual model transformations) as a tool on top of EMF-IncQuery? I'm interested in both Model to Model transformations and Model to Text.

Yes, we are planning to work on a model/graph transformation engine based on EMF-IncQuery and a textual DSL for control structure.

If there is nothing out there yet, and no plans to support this in the near future then I will go ahead and create a proof-of-concept using Xtend2.

We also plan to use Xtend2 extensively for the transformation DSL (think integrated debug support, refactorings, static code generation for performance etc). "Near future" can of course mean many things :-), but our plan is to have a prototype ready by the summer. Would you like to contribute and collaborate?

Unfortunately, I'm working on my Master's thesis at the University of Eindhoven (Netherlands) until May, so I might not be able to contribute much. I will ask my supervisor if some kind of collaboration is possible.Early access to the prototype would be very much appreciated, and if I think I can contribute, I certainly will.

regards
Istvan