Cannot compile example incanter code

Adam

Jul 1, 2011, 5:28:22 PM7/1/11
to Incanter
Hi, I'm having a frustrating time trying to compile a very simple
example incanter program from http://data-sorcery.org/2009/11/20/leiningen-clojars/

I follow the instructions on that page exactly. For example, my
project.clj is (from the web page, nearly verbatim)
(defproject incanter "1.0.0-SNAPSHOT"
:description "FIXME: write description"
:dependencies [[incanter "1.2.3-SNAPSHOT"]]
:main hello)

The simple program is (from the web page, verbatim)
(ns hello
(:gen-class)
(:use (incanter core stats charts)))

(defn -main [& args]
(view (histogram (sample-normal 1000))))

But when I try to compile with "lein compile", I get...

Compiling hello
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: abs does not
exist (stats.clj:19)
[very long traceback follows]

This seems to happen at the :use (incanter core stats charts) part.

Googling this error brings up a few things, but no solution. Has
anyone else seen this?

I'm using lein version "Leiningen 1.6.0 on Java 1.6.0_22 Java
HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM" on Mac OSX Leopard.

Thanks for any help!!

--- Adam

Adam Lyon

Jul 1, 2011, 5:36:00 PM7/1/11
to Incanter
Hi Incanter group moderators,

You can discard my previous post (below). I figured out the problem. I
didn't quite do what the web page said -- I called my new lein project
"incanter". Apparently having your project named "incanter" really
confuses things. I make a new project called something else and now
everything works! Whew!

--- Adam