Batch-upload images via .csv import tool?

Adam Schneider

Mar 25, 2018, 12:11:21 PM3/25/18
to iNaturalist

I found iNaturalist's "import tool" and would like to use it to submit thousands of my geocoded wildflower photos/observations.  However, there doesn't seem to be any way to include an image (via a URL) in the uploaded .csv file.  Observations can't become "research grade" if no one can confirm them by seeing the photos, so what's the purpose of the bulk import tool if images are not supported?

Is there any possible workaround for this?  Perhaps something involving the API?

jdmo...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2018, 2:24:26 AM3/27/18
to iNaturalist
I totally agree, it should be basic functionality to include an image file path or URL in the csv.