Lorraine Du Feu

Jul 10, 2013, 4:11:06 AM7/10/13
to In Stitches, luisa gibson, transition
Dear All

We had a good meeting last night, with nine of us having a lot of fun being inspired to try various types of rag rug making. We were glad to welcome Rhona and Linda, who haven't been before, and there were three apologies from new members who are looking forward to the next meeting. So it looks as if the group is growing again.

A reminder that meetings are now on the second Tuesday of every month, so the next will be on August 13th. Judith will be showing us how to make bowls out of old tights! She's going to follow up this message by sending a picture and instructions for preparation work if you want to be able to create your own at the session. Or you could just be inspired to go home and try it there. We will also have the fabrics for rag rug making available for people who want to have another go at this. I'm hoping to get the one I started yesterday finished for the next session!

I'll send a reminder about the meeting a day or two before.

Lorraine

judith anderson

Jul 23, 2013, 9:14:48 AM7/23/13
to lorrain...@googlemail.com, In Stitches, luisa gibson, transition
Dear all,
I have attached a photo of one of the bowls I have made from old tights - hope you receive it OK.
I have instructions on a DVD I bought from Colouricious - (http://www.colouricious.com/) which I'll bring along.

You can also view a clip on You Tube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w35S5v_y2Hc

I'll bring my sewing machine & some pre-prepared tights strips so I can give a demonstration and you can have a go as well.

I decorate the top of my bowls with chunky yarns, beads & buttons. They can look a bit 'rough & ready' but I like them and it's a good way to use old tights that might otherwise be thrown away.

See you on 13th,

Judith

Jul 24, 2013, 6:01:52 PM7/24/13
to cherry...@phonecoop.coop, judith_99...@yahoo.co.uk, lorrain...@googlemail.com, In Stitches, luisa gibson, transition
Hi All

I'm having another clearout and have some old wools which are not machine washable (ie they will felt easily).  Is anybody interested in using them?

Rose