Meetings

Lorraine Du Feu

Jun 7, 2014, 3:58:04 AM6/7/14
to In Stitches
Dear All

Attendance at the monthly Tuesday evening meetings has been so thin lately that I think we should give them a rest. I wonder if the location of my house in Charlton Kings is a problem for some people?

I anyone has any ideas about a new direction/meeting place/project for the group, do please share it with the rest of us.

In the meantime, unless anybody else would like to volunteer to host them, there will be no meetings on the second Tuesday of the month.

But do keep making things! And do share any good ideas with the rest of the the group.

Lorraine

Sarah

Jun 8, 2014, 2:33:46 AM6/8/14
to in-stitches-transit...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lorraine,

Thats a shame that the meetings are so thin. Perhaps it is the day of the week too. I met you recently at the gardens and am keen to get involved but teach textiles in a secondary school full time so the week is hectic. I would be happy to host as I am on the other side of town in St Marks possibly on a Saturday morning??

Lets see if there is any more interest through these posts.

Sarah

Lorraine Du Feu

Jun 8, 2014, 3:21:03 AM6/8/14
to Sarah, In Stitches
That sounds really interesting Sarah! We have had some lovely, well-attended sessions in the past, so there's no reason for that not to happen again.

Interestingly, TTC is involved with a prospective Repair Cafe, to be held at Emmaus in Henrietta Street (no dates yet). This would be a project In Stitchers could help with, so it would be very good to keep regular meetings going.

I have a lot of donated fabrics and knitting yarns in my attic and would be happy to bring them along to any future sessions if required.

Let's see what people say.

Lorraine

Sarah

Lorraine Du Feu