Misused <inp2:m_BaseURL/> tag in e-mail event translations

Alexander Obuhovich

May 9, 2012, 2:42:05 PM5/9/12
to In-Portal Development
We've have <inp2:m_BaseURL/> tag used all the time in e-mail events to build a link to homepage.

I think, that tag is not so obvious as <inp2:m_Link template="index"/>. And I'm proposing to use it instead of <inp2:m_BaseURL/> in e-mail event translations.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Phil

May 11, 2012, 5:53:27 AM5/11/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
will it output exactly the same URL finally?

Envoyé avec Sparrow

Alexander Obuhovich

May 11, 2012, 5:55:35 AM5/11/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Before 5.1.3 version they were different:

Phil

May 11, 2012, 6:15:30 AM5/11/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
and now? which output style stay?

Envoyé avec Sparrow

Alexander Obuhovich

May 11, 2012, 6:22:50 AM5/11/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
And now they match of course.

Phil

May 11, 2012, 6:24:09 AM5/11/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
ok, but match to /index.html, or just /  ?

Envoyé avec Sparrow

Alexander Obuhovich

May 11, 2012, 6:32:30 AM5/11/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Both work. This is time, when testing for yourself on latest beta will surely save my time.

Phil

May 11, 2012, 6:36:18 AM5/11/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
ok :)

Envoyé avec Sparrow

Dmitry A.

May 15, 2012, 4:39:35 PM5/15/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Agreed Alex.

We can update Email Events to use <inp2:m_Link template="index"/>

Please create task for this.

DA

Dmitry A.

May 16, 2012, 11:54:12 PM5/16/12