Making "Simple Interface Preset" more developers friendly

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 26, 2012, 7:15:12 AM4/26/12
to In-Portal Development
In-Portal have interface preset system, where admin can choose how much In-Portal functionality should be visible in Admin Console.

By default "simple" interface preset is selected during In-Portal installation (if user doesn't change it).
This interface preset shows minimum information to admin. However developers are also limited by this interface preset and always need to switch to "advanced" interface preset to see needed field or button.

I've made some changes to category editing form (moved some fields from "hidden" status to "visible only in debug mode").

Ready for testing.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com
simple_interface_preset_category_improvements.patch

Phil

Apr 26, 2012, 7:17:39 AM4/26/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I could even propose to have "advanced" as default, as usually it's developper/websmaster who install and launch admin first, and not end user :)

Envoyé avec Sparrow

Pièces jointes :
- simple_interface_preset_category_improvements.patch

Dmitry A.

Apr 28, 2012, 11:41:23 AM4/28/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your input Phil.

We have talked about this before and I'll try to outline again - we care about all types people such as Community Developers, Clients of Community Developers, Intechnic Developer, Clients of Intechnic and making the judgement based on everyone.

For all sort of Developers it's much easier to change Simple -> Advanced when needed.

Again thanks for your opinion.

DA

Phil

Apr 28, 2012, 12:30:16 PM4/28/12