Auto Registering Activation Code

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Apr 13, 2011, 7:32:15 PM4/13/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

is there a validity duration setup somewhere for this code?

Thanks,
Phil.

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 14, 2011, 3:54:17 AM4/14/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
3 hours (from "Allow password reset after" configuration variable). It's the same variable for password reset and email validation to activate registration.
--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Apr 14, 2011, 4:05:49 AM4/14/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to change this value?

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 14, 2011, 4:10:59 AM4/14/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
As I told it's a value of configuration variable. You can surely change it in "Configuration -> Users -> General" section.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Apr 14, 2011, 4:36:56 AM4/14/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I saw this field, called "Allow password reset after:", and the default value is 180. Then I guess this is minutes, while Session Inactivity is displayed in seconds... We could unify these values and put all in minutes, don't you think so?

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 14, 2011, 4:48:22 AM4/14/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Then it will be another discussion for sure.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Apr 14, 2011, 5:05:52 AM4/14/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
ok :)

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 25, 2011, 12:16:32 PM4/25/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I've just noticed, that configuration variable I've mentioned here isn't used anywhere.

Then it's a bug, since password reset/auto-registration timeout is 1 hour hardcoded.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Apr 25, 2011, 12:23:06 PM4/25/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
ah :)

then we have 2 combined bugs here: activation link validity lengh and permissions not loaded. will you submit it, or should I?

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 25, 2011, 12:33:39 PM4/25/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Does making "activation link validity" infinite make more sense? For example user can activate his account any time he opens email activation email.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Apr 25, 2011, 12:37:39 PM4/25/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
if we can separate activation link from reset password link, then yes it could be good, it'd be better to have a shorter time for password reset (about 1hr or so).

This field could the be used for it's original purpose only.

Alexander Obuhovich

Apr 25, 2011, 2:05:57 PM4/25/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
separate_email_activation_timeout.patch

Dmitry A.

Apr 26, 2011, 8:52:58 PM4/26/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alex!

Phil, did you have a chance to test it yet?

DA

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Apr 27, 2011, 4:51:04 AM4/27/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I'll test it in the following... hours :)

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

May 1, 2011, 4:56:02 PM5/1/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
tested OK