Changing Shortcut for In-Portal Debugger

Dmitry A.

Jun 11, 2012, 5:57:08 PM6/11/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

It's very annoying and counter-productive to have Chrome Dev. Console to open up every time we press F12 to load/open up Debugger window.

I think we can create a new (additional) shortcut since there is no nice/clean way of controlling Chrome shortcut for now.

What you think? I propose to use ESC for both open and close the window or Ctrl+F12.

DA

Alexander Obuhovich

Jun 12, 2012, 3:29:39 AM6/12/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Existing shortcut was chosen mostly because all others were busy in one or another browser.

In Firefox I've solved this problem by changing Firebug opening shortcut to F11.

If it doesn't then I can add new "DBG_SHORTCUT" setting in $dbg_options array, which is set to "F12" by default and can have any value with "Ctrl/Alt/Shift/+" too. Then you can set this to whatever you need based on what browser you use.

Phil

Jun 12, 2012, 5:43:16 AM6/12/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Seems better to have our option to change debug shortcut, rather than changing browser one, which is our host application.

Envoyé avec Sparrow

Alexander Obuhovich

Jun 12, 2012, 5:45:27 AM6/12/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
It depends. For example I use debugger from different browsers and don't want to use different short cut every time.

If developer only uses 1 browser, then of course it's easier for him to change default shortcut. Both options will be implemented of course.

Phil

Jun 12, 2012, 5:47:29 AM6/12/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
being able to select shortcut is good, but I'd advice that basic shortcut would be one not used by any browser.

Envoyé avec Sparrow

Dmitry A.

Jun 13, 2012, 11:31:49 AM6/13/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
FYI: extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mgjjeipcdnnjhgodgjpfkffcejoljijf does NOT help with disabling F12 in Chrome :(

DA

Alexander Obuhovich

Jun 14, 2012, 6:16:21 AM6/14/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Here is the task: http://tracker.in-portal.org/view.php?id=1323

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Dmitry A. <dand...@gmail.com> wrote:
FYI: extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mgjjeipcdnnjhgodgjpfkffcejoljijf does NOT help with disabling F12 in Chrome :(

DA

Alexander Obuhovich

Jun 14, 2012, 7:16:37 AM6/14/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Here is the patch, ready for testing.
custom_debugger_activation_shortcut.patch

Dmitry A.

Jun 15, 2012, 12:14:01 AM6/15/12
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alex - really cool feature!