Add "Unregistered only" field for forms (form submissions)

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 18, 2009, 4:43:38 AM12/18/09
to In-Portal Development
I propose to add "Unregistered Only" checkbox during form field declaration (Website & Content -> Forms). Such fields will only be visible and required (if set as required) when unregistered user is filling out the form.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.org
http://www.alex-time.com

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 18, 2009, 4:47:58 AM12/18/09
to In-Portal Development
Also we could show captcha image for unregistered users, who are submitting form. Of course this will be an option in form configuration section (maybe site based, maybe form based).

Dmitry A.

Dec 18, 2009, 12:33:56 PM12/18/09
to In-Portal Development
Thanks Alex for bright ideas. I personally find this all very useful
improvements and have some more things I'd like to add so give me your
feedback on below (both your and my ideas together)

1. Form specific setting to FORCE the User to Login before they can
submit the form. If user NOT logged in it will redirect him to the
registration login template. From implementation point it's a new DB
field which is checked on the Form template with IF and ReguireLogin
inside.

2. Use Security Image (CAPTCHA) - you proposed.

3. "Show if Logged In" - I have changed the name a bit since we check
whether user is logged in.

Let me know your thoughts if this sounds complete.

DA.

On Dec 18, 3:47 am, Alexander Obuhovich <aik.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also we could show captcha image for unregistered users, who are submitting
> form. Of course this will be an option in form configuration section (maybe
> site based, maybe form based).

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 18, 2009, 12:47:51 PM12/18/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
2 and 3 items is what I ment. 1st item is not what I ment, but I can't imagine why contact us form (this is what Forms section are for) should login required. It's actually not the first time, when you try to propose feature, that via checkbox in admin will make front-end template required.

For 3 item that checkbox will be ON by default.

> http://www.in-portal.orghttp://www.alex-time.com

Dmitry A.

Dec 18, 2009, 1:00:26 PM12/18/09
to In-Portal Development
Well if you look at the form usage broader you can see that it's not
necessarily is a something that will be used as Contact us with mind
behind it.

I can give you many samples different purpose of the form which would
simply collect information from the users.

I think it's very simple, but at the same time very critical
functionality. Don't you think?

DA.

> > in-portal-de...@googlegroups.com<in-portal-dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 18, 2009, 1:04:55 PM12/18/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Ok, no problems, if you think so.

S.G.

Dec 19, 2009, 6:18:49 AM12/19/09
to In-Portal Development
If we're going to improve forms functionality, I suggest to add IP
address field (filled automatically, of course) for form submissions.
Also, referer URL may be added. It's not too complicated, but
necessary, I think.

Alexander Obuhovich

Dec 19, 2009, 6:24:24 AM12/19/09
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Great idea. Are you sure, that IPAdddress field is not present already or we just implemented such functionality in too many projects.

Dmitry A.

Dec 20, 2009, 1:10:47 AM12/20/09
to In-Portal Development
Hey guys,

No, IP address is not on the list of DB fields we have for
FormSubmissions now and it's definitely good to have, so my vote is
Yes let's add it.

To take it a bit further with features that we already have
implemented for some other projects I would say we add the following
to Submissions:

1. The email that is received by system Administrator should have in
Reply-to email address of user who's submitted the Form. In other
words if I submit a form and specify my Email address, the email that
will be received by the Admin will have Reply-To as my address so
Admin can reply right from he email client. Email field can be
identified if Validation has been set for it.

2. Ability to continue communication with User via Form Submission in
Admin. Example, user submitted a form specifying his email address,
next thing Admin got an email notification or perhaps the entire
submission in the email and now can reply from his Email Client. It's
would be quite useful if Admin can actually reply back (with
attachment) to User directly from the Admin and then user replies back
to Admin and so on. All this communication is stored as Submission
Messages of course. We'll be using POP3 and SMTP as well processing
for bounced messages. Preferably this requires a separate mail box
setup, but should work with any mailbox. Besides that there will be
multiple Statuses to help indicate Submissions that have new updates.
Also, the ability to "Save as Draft" the Reply to User, then come back
later to finish.

All this will be enabled if Admin marks something like "Enable Email
Communication" setting for the Form.

About 90% already completed and tested in some projects and can be
quickly and safely transferred to 5.1.0 as quick big features.

Let me know your thoughts.

DA.

> > in-portal-de...@googlegroups.com<in-portal-dev%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Alexander Obuhovich