Theme file scanning too slow

Alexander Obuhovich

Oct 26, 2011, 6:27:36 AM10/26/11
to In-Portal Development
During mass refactoring in In-Portal 5.2.0 I've noticed, that ".svn" and "CVS" folder are scanned for template. Since SVN stores a original copy of each folder's file under ".svn" folder it made theme scan work 2 times slower, then it could.
Same problem was fixed in mass template compilation code.

I've also made ".smsignore" file matching faster due converting multiple short regular expressions into 1 long regular expression.

Ready for testing.

P.S.

I've also discovered, that it's possible to exclude a folders too via adding their name into parent's folder ".smsignore" file.

--
Best Regards,

http://www.in-portal.com
http://www.alex-time.com
twice_faster_template_scan.patch

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Oct 26, 2011, 8:56:14 AM10/26/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I like this kind of small improvement, dedicated to perfect in-portal :-)

Alexander Obuhovich

Oct 26, 2011, 9:45:35 AM10/26/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
I've change to code to introduce more faster way to scan files in folders and to test if my changes didn't break anything I was forced to understand logic behind the code.

That is when I've noticed that logic is wrong.

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Oct 26, 2011, 12:32:30 PM10/26/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
ah. ok :)