New "3rd Party API Settings" configuration Sub-section for Core

Dmitry A.

Feb 5, 2011, 5:07:42 PM2/5/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

These days we are getting more and more different API integrated into In-Portal. I am sure this number will only increase.

I am proposing to create a new sub-section under Configuration->Website->Advanced section which will list all of current and future "3rd Party API Settings". It's a good idea to have them all in 1 place.

Basically, we'll have Yahoo Search API Key, Google Maps API Key and Google Translation API Key (new feature) to be put there.

Down of the road we can even move it out to it's own Section in the Menu, but for now we might want to start with a simple thing.

Please post your opinions.

DA.

Alexander Obuhovich

Feb 6, 2011, 6:20:01 AM2/6/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Nice, all then l_GoogleMapsKey should be moved from In-Link to In-Portal and "l_" removed.

Actually V3 version of GoogleMaps no longer requires any key to be used (we are using V2 API now, that requires key).

Phil -- wbtc.fr --

Feb 6, 2011, 9:28:27 AM2/6/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
good idea to summarize all 3rd party setup.

Dmitry A.

Feb 6, 2011, 12:59:23 PM2/6/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
New task is created:

994: Create "3rd Party API Settings" Configuration sub-section in Admin

DA