Improvements to form submissions (upload field, custom notification email)

Alexander Obuhovich

Jan 25, 2011, 6:14:04 AM1/25/11
to In-Portal Development
Here are some improvements to form submissions, that include:
  1. new field type: "upload", that allows to upload single file along with submitted form (has customizable file extension and file size limits)
  2. ability to specify separate notification email for each form being created (for now all emails are sent to admin)

Also some minor bugfixes:
  • when you specify absolute url to form thank you template, e.g. http://www.site.com/thank_you.html, then it won't work (because of all data from front-end is escaped resulting broken url)

Task: http://tracker.in-portal.org/view.php?id=979

Ready for testing.

form_submission_improvements2011_core.patch
form_submission_improvements2011_themes.patch

Dmitry A.

Jan 28, 2011, 2:03:33 PM1/28/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Great work! Task and paches reviewed and ready for the commit after minor adjustments (phrases, demo data, files size in kbytes).

What do you think about putting this in with 5.1.3. My idea is to make sure we are not dragging lots of completed tasks behind and get it into next release since not structural change is involved?

Cheers!

Alexander Obuhovich

Jan 28, 2011, 2:18:06 PM1/28/11
to in-por...@googlegroups.com