Upload by URL fails for image >10MB

ThisTimeLastYear

May 13, 2016, 7:56:22 AM5/13/16
to Imgur
Hi all,

I'm trying to upload by passing a URL, of an image already hosted on Imgur, to the endpoint. The image is about 12MB, and the upload fails with "Image is larger than 10MB. Make the image smaller and then try uploading again."

The file is already on Imgur so it seems like it should be acceptable. Not to mention the announcements about 200MB gifs being supported.

Can anyone shed any light on why this might be happening?

Thanks,
ThisTimeLastYear

ThisTimeLastYear

May 16, 2016, 5:58:22 AM5/16/16
to Imgur
A thought occurs: is the higher limit just for the official clients, and not third-party API consumers?

RepostStatistics

May 17, 2016, 5:58:54 PM5/17/16
to Imgur
It looks like that is the case. I failed to upload anything larger as 10mb too.
There is a thread about it (without any answer though) on ic imgur->imgurapi .

An official answer would still be awesome, but i didn't see any Mod/Dev on here for a long time.
Greetings, RPS