Getting whitelisted. Daily client limit reached.

Matthew Harris

May 4, 2013, 9:12:02 AM5/4/13
to im...@googlegroups.com
Hey Imgur,

It looks like my app has reached the daily limit for requests by users for my client id. I am seeing the following error when trying to make a request:

05-04 09:10:23.037: DEBUG/EzImgur.HttpConnection(740): Response JSON: {"data":{"error":"Daily client requests exceeded","request":"\/3\/gallery\/hot\/viral\/0.json","parameters":"","method":"GET"},"success":false,"status":429}

I know there is a limit, but from the api documentation it seemed like you guys would increase the limit for free no-ads apps. I applied for the increase/white-list several months ago and never heard back, I also just applied today. Now my app is useless for anyone who has it installed on their device. Anything I can do to get whitelisted? My app is free, no-ads, and even open-source - zero money is made.

For reference, the app is an android app ezimgur (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ezimgur&hl=en).

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Alan Schaaf

May 4, 2013, 9:28:04 PM5/4/13
to im...@googlegroups.com
Hey Matt,

I've gone ahead and whitelisted your application. It should take effect within the hour. Let me know if you need anything else.

Matthew Harris

May 4, 2013, 9:53:37 PM5/4/13
to im...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much. I appreciate it.

Alexander Tsoi

May 8, 2013, 9:41:23 AM5/8/13
to im...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan,

Could you please consider whitelisting another free no-ads app? I've almost reached the daily limit in last couple of days (only 1-2K requests were left at the end of the day), so would like to be prepared.

I resubmitted my request through the standard form today as well.

Thanks,
Alexander Tsoi

Alan Schaaf

May 8, 2013, 6:41:07 PM5/8/13
to im...@googlegroups.com
No problem. Imgur - Grin has just been whitelisted.

Alexander Tsoi

May 8, 2013, 6:41:57 PM5/8/13
to im...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. Thank you!

aksha...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2016, 1:18:49 AM9/2/16
to Imgur
Grin is my inspiration for Monocle Giraffe. I've made it open source too. However, I can't find the form. How do I get it whitelisted?

aksha...@gmail.com

Sep 2, 2016, 1:25:21 AM9/2/16
to Imgur
Could you consider whitelisting another app? It's called Monocle Giraffe. Not only it is free, but it is open source. Here's the app: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/monocle-giraffe/9nblggh4qcvh