memegen API on imgur

Kyle Kelley

Nov 28, 2013, 3:58:15 PM11/28/13
to im...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I'd love to see an API for the memegen feature on imgur. If implemented, I would create a hubot script that uses it.

I didn't see any discussion of this topic within this google group, and the imgur API page told me to reach out. So here I am!

Any ideas or plans for a memegen API on imgur?

The URL structure already has makings of a clean API

WA5duA1 being the ID for 3rd world success kid

We would need an endpoint to list the background/templates.

Beyond that, in a POST request, probably just need top text, bottom text, and whether it's getting submitted to the public memes gallery. Should probably have a way to add new backgrounds as well.

That's all I have for now.

Cheers and thanks!

-- Kyle Kelley

brian.don...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2014, 1:59:39 PM1/18/14
to im...@googlegroups.com
I agree. I would love to see the memgen api. Soooo many possibilities

nex...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2014, 4:37:44 PM1/18/14
to im...@googlegroups.com
also interested in this.

Raystlin

Mar 13, 2014, 5:55:27 AM3/13/14
to im...@googlegroups.com
Yep, please add this!

katelyn....@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2014, 6:37:18 PM11/11/14
to im...@googlegroups.com
Is there any possibility for this to be added? I see the API docs say to request it on the google group :)
Message has been deleted

@jasdev

Nov 11, 2014, 6:43:00 PM11/11/14
to im...@googlegroups.com
Feel free to add any feature requests / suggested URL schemas here, I'll take all feedback into consideration!

Kyle Kelley

Nov 11, 2014, 8:23:07 PM11/11/14
to im...@googlegroups.com
Jasdev,

What are you looking for in feedback? An API design for memegen?

@jasdev

Nov 12, 2014, 12:30:18 AM11/12/14
to im...@googlegroups.com
Kyle and Katelyn, thanks so much for the suggestions!

Kyle, I just wanted to get a better sense for what features you all would like to see in the Memegen API :)

Kyle Kelley

Nov 12, 2014, 9:55:22 AM11/12/14
to im...@googlegroups.com
For submitting, a POST request that requires

* Top Text
* Bottom Text
* Image ID for the image that text will be placed over
* Boolean flag for whether or not to post to the public gallery

Response is the same way you return the Image model (from the base API).

For retrieving the list of common memes, a GET request that lists the image IDs for the backgrounds

Anthony Kiniyalocts

Jan 12, 2015, 9:53:49 PM1/12/15
to im...@googlegroups.com
Would love to see this become a thing. +1

taylor....@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2015, 7:17:23 PM1/14/15
to im...@googlegroups.com
Would also love to see this.

ali.abd...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2016, 5:48:21 AM4/30/16
to Imgur
If this is about exposing the API of memegen to create memes on Imgur API. Then I am totally up for it too :)

zmre...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2016, 4:41:07 AM11/4/16
to Imgur
Did this go no where? :(

ala...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2016, 11:33:53 AM12/11/16
to Imgur
Would love to see this, plssssss

cos...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017, 8:54:44 AM3/8/17
to Imgur
Also (still) interested in an API for memegen

jspar...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2017, 1:42:58 AM3/14/17
to Imgur
It's been requested since 2014. Would still love to see this implemented.