iOS - AdMob + IMA3 SDKs compile fine but crash on "dyld: Library not loaded"

Nitzan Weidenfeld

Feb 7, 2017, 7:31:44 AM2/7/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

When adding the IMA3 SDK to an AdMob project, the app compiles fine but crashes always on all devices with:

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds

  Referenced from: *REMOVED*

  Reason: image not found

Podfile:

    pod 'Google-Mobile-Ads-SDK','7.17.0'

    pod 'GoogleAds-IMA-iOS-SDK'

When switching to the IMA3-SDK, app runs fine:

    pod 'Google-Mobile-Ads-SDK','7.17.0'

    pod 'GoogleAds-IMA-iOS-SDK', '3.3.1'

Xcode is 8.2.1.

Thank ahead,

Nitzan

Veer Arjun Busani

Feb 7, 2017, 11:31:50 AM2/7/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Nitzan,

You need to use a bundled version of both the frameworks and you can either download it manually and integrate it or use this pod spec. Let us know if that fixes the issue.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Nitzan Weidenfeld

Feb 8, 2017, 9:57:43 AM2/8/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Veer.
Thanks for your time and effort.

1. It seems that my original solution causes the dreaded "duplicate symbol _OBJC_CLASS_$_GAD_GTMStringEncoding" error. I have no idea why it did compile one.
2. Your solution still causes the afformentioned "library not loaded" error.
3. The only solutiuon that seems to work is reverting to the old 3.3.1 version of the bundled SDK:
pod 'GoogleAds-IMA-iOS-SDK-For-AdMob', '3.3.1'

Your thoughts?

Veer Arjun Busani

Feb 8, 2017, 12:42:30 PM2/8/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Nitzan,

You can use it separately as well now with the v3.4.1 as the framework is now a dynamic library compared to the Mobile Ads SDK, which is still a static one.

Try this in your pod file and give it a try -

pod 'GoogleAds-IMA-iOS-SDK', '3.4.1'
pod 'Google-Mobile-Ads-SDK', '7.17.0'

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

Nitzan Weidenfeld

Feb 9, 2017, 9:14:28 AM2/9/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Veer.
This is exactly the configuration that caused me to open this thread.
This configuration causes the "library not loaded" crash.

Thanks,
Nitzan

Veer Arjun Busani

Feb 9, 2017, 12:58:09 PM2/9/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Nitzan,

I'm unable to reproduce this issue. Can you try to clean your project and try again? If it still doesn't work, send us your sample app and we will have a look into it. Also, see if this resolves your issue.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

Nitzan Weidenfeld

Feb 12, 2017, 9:46:36 AM2/12/17
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Veer.
The problem persists after a clean. Also deleted deriveddata and wiped out the Pods directory.

I will have to settle for 3.3.1 for now since I don't have the time to debug this particular issue.

Thanks,
Nitzan

Nitzan Weidenfeld

Ramsel Ruiz

Feb 22, 2017, 6:27:39 PM2/22/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
I'm getting the exact same error, however, I have just the IMA pod:

  `pod 'GoogleAds-IMA-iOS-SDK', '~> 3.4'`

Ramsel Ruiz

Feb 22, 2017, 6:29:40 PM2/22/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK

Error message:

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds

Reason: image not found

Sachin Ahuja

Feb 23, 2017, 2:15:40 AM2/23/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
I am getting the same error message on release builds installed on iOS 9.3.5 devices.

Please advise.

Regards,
Sachin

Veer Arjun Busani

Feb 23, 2017, 10:42:21 AM2/23/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Ramsel,

Can you create a clean new project and try again to integrate both the IMA iOS SDK with Mobile Ads separately? I'm unable to reproduce this issue and I will assume that there might be a linker problem somewhere with replacing the older static version of the SDK. Here is a sample app that includes both IMA and Mobile Ads SDK.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

Michael Newman

Feb 23, 2017, 8:37:48 PM2/23/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Seems to only be happening in old architectures unrelated to the OS version. It needs to be a release build, anything less doesn't create the problem.

We have reports and have seen on iPhone 5, iPad Mini

We cleaned, I wiped my Pods cache, made sure all the libraries were in the final build and they are still crashing.

Veer Arjun Busani

Feb 24, 2017, 10:34:31 AM2/24/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Michael,

For me to raise this issue to the team, I must be able to reproduce and analyze the issue, which I'm unable to. Even with the release build/iPhone 5/iOS 8.4/ iPad, I'm just unable to reproduce this crash. The sample app that I have linked builds and my guess is that it could be a pod dependency issue. See if creating a new project and installing the latest pods for IMA and Mobile Ads SDK works. If not, send us a sample app that would reproduce this error and I would take it up further.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

Michael Newman

Feb 24, 2017, 11:05:52 AM2/24/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
I will work on getting you that. I have one question that I am unclear on.

When I remove the Pods folder from the application you have given me and attempt to reinstall them, I get a different GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.h. It appears my version matches what I can download manually from the SDK screen.

This actually makes it so I cannot build without making changes to the project that you have provided. Why is the Pod different in your project than what I can get?
Screen Shot 2017-02-24 at 10.54.59 AM.png

Veer Arjun Busani

Feb 24, 2017, 4:02:34 PM2/24/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Michael,

I have just edited the bridge file for pod to import the classes without any modules. The one you see when you try to install via pods is how it's supposed to be.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

pe...@raffler.co

Feb 27, 2017, 6:06:43 AM2/27/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Just to add, I'm experiencing this same "image not found" crash too.  Only happens with a release build on iPhone 5 so far. I'm using this pod:

pod 'GoogleAds-IMA-iOS-SDK-For-AdMob'

pe...@raffler.co

Feb 27, 2017, 7:00:23 AM2/27/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
One strange thing: the crash only occurs when installed via TestFlight or the App Store. I can create a adhoc install of the exact same archive and distibute via diawi.com just fine...

Veer Arjun Busani

Feb 27, 2017, 10:51:40 AM2/27/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Peter,

With v3.4.1, the SDK is now a dynamic lib. This means that you no longer have to use a bundled version for IMA and Mobile Ads (pod 'GoogleAds-IMA-iOS-SDK-For-AdMob') and you can integrate them separately. Here is a sample app that demos how this is done.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

Michael Newman

Feb 27, 2017, 10:58:23 AM2/27/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
I was able to reproduce with your sample code, submitted to ITC and distributed via internal testing. The fact this only happens from ITC makes this really hard to diagnose.

Arjun; how can I get you this build? I cannot reproduce this via Enterprise builds. It has to come through ITC.

Thanks,

Michael

Veer Arjun Busani

Feb 27, 2017, 11:41:35 AM2/27/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Michael,

If it is through ITC, then we would retest it via this and see if we are able to reproduce. Also, all you were trying to do was a release build with the sample app via iTunes Connect and it's crashing? I have shared this with the rest of the team and we are now looking into this. Thank you again for reporting this to us.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

Michael Newman

Feb 27, 2017, 11:45:34 AM2/27/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
The couple of changes I made, I changed the app to leverage the straight pods install rather than changing the headers. I do not think this was of any consequence. I also changed the app bundle ID (to get it into ITC).

That is it. When installing like this, the dynamic lib crash on older devices happens each time on launch.

pe...@raffler.co

Feb 28, 2017, 5:41:11 AM2/28/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Arjun

Thanks for your reply.

I forgot to mention that I've already tried using the separate pods (exactly as shown in your sample app), and I experience the same "DYLD, library not loaded" "image not found" crash on iPhone 5. Again, this happens when distributing a release build via TestFlight or the App Store.

The only thing that solves this problem for me is to use your older bundled version:

pod 'GoogleAds-IMA-iOS-SDK-For-AdMob', '3.3.1'

Thanks

Veer Arjun Busani

Feb 28, 2017, 10:53:38 AM2/28/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Peter,

Thank you for the info. We are now looking into this. Can you confirm the iOS version on the iPhone 5 device?

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

Gareth Jones

Mar 9, 2017, 4:47:29 AM3/9/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
I'm also experiencing this problem - after resolving many others beforehand.

How on earth do you get to version 3 of anything and still have such basic bugs in your product? Your SDK has just ONE job - to play ads - and it can't even do that reliably.

If I was a team leader at the SDK team people would be getting fired, no doubt about that.

Veer Arjun Busani

Mar 9, 2017, 5:00:16 PM3/9/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Gereth,

We are looking into this and I would like to know - the iOS version, the affected devices where our IMA SDK is crashing.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

Michael

Mar 9, 2017, 5:04:12 PM3/9/17
to ima...@googlegroups.com
It appears to be regardless of iOS version. We had crashes on iOS 9 and 10. It appears to be with a certain class of devices. IPhone 5, Old iPad minis

This only happens with release builds distributed by the iTunesConnect store (so production). Enterprise and development builds do not have this crash.

- Michael Newman

pe...@raffler.co

Mar 10, 2017, 6:11:25 AM3/10/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Arjun

My test iPhone 5 is running iOS 10.2.1 (I don't have any other older devices with different iOS versions to test with I'm afraid).

Thanks

Gareth Jones

Mar 10, 2017, 9:39:26 AM3/10/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Nitzan

Do you know what it was about your original implementation that caused the "duplicate symbol _OBJC_CLASS_$_GAD_GTMStringEncoding" error? This is another of the issues I'm seeing with our implementation - even though we're only importing the library once. Not sure how a single library can be conflicting with itself...

If we remove that import then of course the project fails to compile at all with "not found" errors.

So it seems we can either have duplicates or nothing at all.

I'm wondering if there's anything at all in this SDK that actually works properly.

Gareth

On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 6:31:50 PM UTC+2, Veer Arjun Busani wrote:
Hi Nitzan,

You need to use a bundled version of both the frameworks and you can either download it manually and integrate it or use this pod spec. Let us know if that fixes the issue.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

Veer Arjun Busani

Mar 10, 2017, 11:05:37 AM3/10/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hey guys,

Thank you for the input. We are actively looking into the issues mentioned here. The duplicate symbols is when you use a version earlier to 3.4.1 and import Mobile Ads SDK as well. For that, we had a bundled version but since the v3.4.1 is now a dynamic lib, using the bundled version is no longer needed.

I will provide updates as soon as I receive any from the team. For now, this is still under investigation.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

Gareth Jones

Mar 10, 2017, 12:06:47 PM3/10/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
We get the duplicate symbol error with 3.4.2.

It turns out one of our dependencies bundles Mobile Ads so we'll look to get that removed, but from what you're saying 3.4.2 should be able to handle it without throwing such errors.

iPhone 5 on iOS 9.x, iPhone 7 iOS 10.2.1 and Simulator on both Xcode 7.3.1 and 8.2.1.

Nitzan Weidenfeld

Mar 11, 2017, 6:19:58 AM3/11/17
to ima...@googlegroups.com
There are two seperate issues here.
I suggest focusing this thread on the issue in the header - the image not found crash.

Veer - we're awaiting your input. Thanks.

Veer Arjun Busani

Mar 11, 2017, 8:59:13 AM3/11/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi guys,

For the duplicate symbols, can you send us screenshots? Currently we are looking into the dylib crash on iPhone 5 and iPad Mini. As for the duplicate symbols issue, I have not been able to reproduce it with this sample app. I will take that up as well with the team if you can provide me steps to reproduce.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

Nitzan Weidenfeld

Mar 11, 2017, 9:14:01 AM3/11/17
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi Veer.
I suggest you guys look at StackOverflow and do some Google searches as well.
Both the issues seem to be quite common and from what I can see: more build environment dependant than target dependant.
In my case all build fail - no matter the target (simulator, real device, iPhone 6 - they all fail).

Thanks,
Nitzan

Gareth Jones

Mar 13, 2017, 11:16:54 AM3/13/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Veer

I downloaded the sample app that you uploaded. I compiled it without making ANY changes. Here's the start of the resulting log:

objc[27471]: Class PLBuildVersion is implemented in both /Applications/Xcode_8.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AssetsLibraryServices.framework/AssetsLibraryServices (0x11c37c998) and /Applications/Xcode_8.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/PhotoLibraryServices.framework/PhotoLibraryServices (0x11c19e880). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[27471]: Class GAD_GTMStringEncoding is implemented in both /Users/gareth/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/F29E29BF-1AC1-4800-8CD6-5B7FFE34B8C3/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/BD705399-64B6-410B-88A2-7F3BD0BE9251/BasicExample.app/Frameworks/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds (0x107d50b68) and /Users/gareth/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/F29E29BF-1AC1-4800-8CD6-5B7FFE34B8C3/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/BD705399-64B6-410B-88A2-7F3BD0BE9251/BasicExample.app/BasicExample (0x1063944d8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[27471]: Class GADGestureRecognizer is implemented in both /Users/gareth/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/F29E29BF-1AC1-4800-8CD6-5B7FFE34B8C3/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/BD705399-64B6-410B-88A2-7F3BD0BE9251/BasicExample.app/Frameworks/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds (0x107d515b8) and /Users/gareth/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/F29E29BF-1AC1-4800-8CD6-5B7FFE34B8C3/data/Containers/Bundle/Application/BD705399-64B6-410B-88A2-7F3BD0BE9251/BasicExample.app/BasicExample (0x106398b28). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Gareth Jones

Mar 13, 2017, 11:55:58 AM3/13/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
You don't allow post edits so I'll repost for clarity:

I downloaded the sample app that you uploaded. I compiled it without making ANY changes. Here's the start of the resulting log ON SIMULATOR:

[...]

And here's the start of the log when running the app ON DEVICE (iPhone 7, iOS 10.2). Note the additional conflict.

objc[925]: Class GAD_GTMStringEncoding is implemented in both /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/B75B0DCA-BB87-42CF-B07C-8FFAF4A9485D/BasicExample.app/Frameworks/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds (0x1007f8f88) and /var/containers/Bundle/Application/B75B0DCA-BB87-42CF-B07C-8FFAF4A9485D/BasicExample.app/BasicExample (0x10026e568). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[925]: Class GADGestureUtil is implemented in both /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/B75B0DCA-BB87-42CF-B07C-8FFAF4A9485D/BasicExample.app/Frameworks/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds (0x1007f99d8) and /var/containers/Bundle/Application/B75B0DCA-BB87-42CF-B07C-8FFAF4A9485D/BasicExample.app/BasicExample (0x100272bb8). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[925]: Class GADGestureIdUtil is implemented in both /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/B75B0DCA-BB87-42CF-B07C-8FFAF4A9485D/BasicExample.app/Frameworks/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds (0x1007f9a28) and /var/containers/Bundle/Application/B75B0DCA-BB87-42CF-B07C-8FFAF4A9485D/BasicExample.app/BasicExample (0x100272c08). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[925]: Class GADGestureRecognizer is implemented in both /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/B75B0DCA-BB87-42CF-B07C-8FFAF4A9485D/BasicExample.app/Frameworks/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds (0x1007f9a78) and /var/containers/Bundle/Application/B75B0DCA-BB87-42CF-B07C-8FFAF4A9485D/BasicExample.app/BasicExample (0x100272c58). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Veer Arjun Busani

Mar 13, 2017, 12:23:26 PM3/13/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Gereth,

I have reported this issue as well to the team. Thank you for bringing this up and we will keep you posted on this as well.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

rmodi

Mar 14, 2017, 11:57:12 PM3/14/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Arjun,

I do not use Cocoa pods.
I just upgraded the IMA sdk to 3.4.2. adding it to the Embedded Binary section in the General Tab
I also have GoogleMobileAdsSDK (7.18.0) in my project added as a static framework in Linked Frameworks and Binaries
.
The app runs fine but I notice the same errors  in the debug console when it starts.
Hoping you will have a suggestion for us soon.

objc[14453]: Class GAD_GTMStringEncoding is implemented in both /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/E240884D-FF6A-4F51-9905-B767DBC3F7E5/MyApp.app/Frameworks/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds (0x100edcfb0) and /var/containers/Bundle/Application/E240884D-FF6A-4F51-9905-B767DBC3F7E5/MyApp.app/MyApp (0x100734da0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[14453]: Class GADGestureUtil is implemented in both /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/E240884D-FF6A-4F51-9905-B767DBC3F7E5/MyApp.app/Frameworks/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds (0x100edda00) and /var/containers/Bundle/Application/E240884D-FF6A-4F51-9905-B767DBC3F7E5/MyApp.app/MyApp (0x1007393f0). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[14453]: Class GADGestureIdUtil is implemented in both /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/E240884D-FF6A-4F51-9905-B767DBC3F7E5/MyApp.app/Frameworks/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds (0x100edda50) and /var/containers/Bundle/Application/E240884D-FF6A-4F51-9905-B767DBC3F7E5/MyApp.app/MyApp (0x100739440). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

objc[14453]: Class GADGestureRecognizer is implemented in both /private/var/containers/Bundle/Application/E240884D-FF6A-4F51-9905-B767DBC3F7E5/MyApp.app/Frameworks/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds (0x100eddaa0) and /var/containers/Bundle/Application/E240884D-FF6A-4F51-9905-B767DBC3F7E5/MyApp.app/MyApp (0x100739490). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Thanks

Rahat

Veer Arjun Busani

Mar 15, 2017, 10:43:57 AM3/15/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi Rahat,

We are looking into both of the issue but the duplicate symbols are only logs and not a compile time error. You can ignore those for now. We will keep you posted on any updates made via this thread.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

rmodi

Mar 15, 2017, 12:00:22 PM3/15/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
I am concerned about "One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined"  causing unexpected runtime errors that may show up on deployment. Is that a possibility?
We are deploying next week.

Thanks

Veer Arjun Busani

Mar 15, 2017, 12:50:29 PM3/15/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi there,

As mentioned above, these logs are run time errors where both of the binaries have injected classes with same names and app is unable to determine which one to use. But, it would absolutely load and inject either one of the classes to be used as a dependency. Had there been an issue, there would have been a compile time error.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

Veer Arjun Busani

Mar 24, 2017, 1:44:34 PM3/24/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi guys,

You can get the latest version 3.5 for this fix. Let us know if you are still facing this issue.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

Victor Pryadko

Mar 28, 2017, 9:58:20 AM3/28/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi,

Same problem with 3.5 on iOS.
There are no error while compiling or linking, but when  starting it shows:
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework/GoogleInteractiveMediaAds

Reason: image not found

Working in Unity 5.5.2. Just add GoogleInteractiveMediaAds.framework to plugins/iOS folder in Unity project.
Also, Framework presents in generated Xcode project.

Nitzan Weidenfeld

Mar 28, 2017, 10:33:27 AM3/28/17
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi @Veer

I'm the OP. the problem persists, even with 3.5.

Should we consider native IMA support a beta feature?

Thanks

Veer Arjun Busani

Mar 28, 2017, 12:00:24 PM3/28/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi guys,

I would suggest you to go through this Technical Note from Apple to understand how you can resolve this.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

Nitzan Weidenfeld

Mar 28, 2017, 12:11:41 PM3/28/17
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Hi @Veer.

Our project explicitly uses 22 frameworks integrated via CocoaPods on top of 3 manually integrated frameworks and 3 static libraries. Not counting frameworks and libraries that were removed during the product's lifecycle.

This problem only showed up with the IMA SDK.

I think that working together with the developer community would prove beneficial to all of us.

Thanks,
Nitzan

Heath Borders

Mar 28, 2017, 12:27:24 PM3/28/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
I filed a CocoaPods issue [1] about this. I'm using IMA version 3.5.0, and it doesn't launch unless I add `LD_RUNPATH_SEARCH_PATHS = "@executable_path/Frameworks"`, which Google does in its AdvancedExample project [2]. I integrate with many other pods that don't publish their source and use frameworks (ComScore, Crashlytics, Fabric, and google-cast-sdk) and I've never had this problem before. I guess that the other projects are building their frameworks differently. Maybe you could consult with the `google-cast-sdk` folks?

Dimitris Koutsogiorgas

Mar 28, 2017, 12:51:12 PM3/28/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
If the Pod was switched to become a dynamic framework then you are required to use to add `LD_RUNPATH_SEARCH_PATHS = "@executable_path/Frameworks"` in order for the framework to be loaded at runtime when your app boots up.

If you have created your project a while ago it is possible Xcode did not add these by default for you so you have to do it yourself.

Veer Arjun Busani

Mar 28, 2017, 2:53:01 PM3/28/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Hi guys,

You would have to follow up with the Technical Note from Apple to resolve this issue. It might be due to improper linking and make sure that the framework is copied into the 'Embed Framework' of your project. To make sure that the framework exists, simply rename the extension of .ipa to .zip, unzip it and then check whether the IMA framework exists within the Frameworks/ folder.

Thanks,
Arjun Busani
IMA SDK Team

Lukasz Kalbarczyk

Mar 29, 2017, 2:08:36 PM3/29/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
The technical note described here was for embedding frameworks manually I mean.

So, do u still have the issue with IMA 3.5 embedded as a cocoapod?
It's important to know it, because we have to release our app in the next week and ima is one of dependend pods.

Lukasz Kalbarczyk

Mar 29, 2017, 4:27:46 PM3/29/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
Tested: works properly with cocoapod 3.5 properly on iPhone5 (10.1) and iPhone 5c (9.3.5) too.

Nitzan Weidenfeld

Mar 30, 2017, 5:37:36 AM3/30/17
to Interactive Media Ads SDK
What was the fix?

Lukasz Kalbarczyk

Mar 30, 2017, 10:48:34 AM3/30/17
to ima...@googlegroups.com
Use version 3.5.0 of the cocoa pod provided.

Lukasz Kalbarczyk<l.kalb...@gmail.com> sent by ibisMail!