Mails in English? - You can post in this thread [alone]

azhagi.com

Jun 5, 2008, 9:38:15 AM6/5/08
to illam Google Groups
Dear All,

Warm Greetings!

I just thought of having atleast one thread in ILLAM in English. What I mean by 'one thread' is a thread like "kaivalya navaneetham" (by our dear brother Mr.Thirumurti Vasudevan - Thiva). We all noticed how he posted all his mails in that thread alone and maintained all the matters related to 'kaivalya navanitham' within that thread itself, all the time, perfectly. Similarly, I am thinking of having one thread  (which is this thread itself with subject "Mails in English? - You can post in this thread [alone]") wherein all English posts can be maintained perfectly, all the time.

If anyone wishes to reply in English for some other thread's mail (which would be in Tamil obviously), they can quote a few lines of that mail and post his/her reply in English in this thread (i.e. "Mails in English? - You can post in this thread [alone]") itself.

I am hopeful that majority of members would welcome this. As ever (since the start of this group), let the quality of messages (as mentioned very clearly in http://azhagi.com/illam.html) alone matter most, and not quantity.

Regds.

B. Viswanathan (www.azhagi.com), con...@azhagi.com, 91-44-42024669
“He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” - Lord Jesus

GEETHA SAMBASIVAM

Jun 5, 2008, 10:06:54 AM6/5/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
Really a wonderful idea. Useful too. Thank You.
GS

vishalam raman

Jun 5, 2008, 12:26:58 PM6/5/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
dear vishy  can we write about bagavan baba ?    with love vishalam

Tirumurti Vasudevan

Jun 5, 2008, 1:26:01 PM6/5/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
good idea vishy!
those who would really like to comment on some posts but handicapped-
mmm the word in vogue is technically challenged- to write in tamil can
follow this method.
i am all for it

tv

2008/6/5 azhagi.com <ong...@azhagi.com>:

--
My blogs:(all in Tamil)
http://anmikam4dumbme.blogspot.com/

BE HAPPY! LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE UNHAPPY!

விஸ்வநாதன்

Jun 10, 2008, 2:55:38 AM6/10/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Jun 10, 2008, 3:23:34 AM6/10/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
//He looked at me closely, and then the thoughtless idiot asked, 'What
did you teach?'//

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Tirumurti Vasudevan

Jun 10, 2008, 3:49:42 AM6/10/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
;-)))))))))))))))))))

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 12:25 PM, விஸ்வநாதன் <ong...@gmail.com> wrote:

-

'You were in my class!' I exclaimed.

He looked at me closely, and then the thoughtless idiot asked, 'What
did you teach?'

விஸ்வநாதன் பாலசுப்ரமணியன்

Jun 13, 2008, 9:53:39 AM6/13/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
Jun 13, 2008, 10:14:45 AM6/13/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
//the ex-conductors shouted, "ஏறிண்டயா... ஏறிண்டயா?"//

anyhow, laughed heartily, Thank You. Nice Post.

Tirumurti Vasudevan

Jun 13, 2008, 11:37:23 AM6/13/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
:-))))))))))))))))
tv

From: KNN sir

parvamani

Jun 14, 2008, 10:00:28 PM6/14/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Three scholars on the way to a civil service
examination stopped to buy refreshments from
a woman who sold pastries.

One scholar was calm and quiet while the
other two argued over literature.

The woman asked where they were going, and
the arguing men told her.

"You two won't pass the exam," she said, "but
the other man will."

The results turned out just as the woman
predicted, and the two who failed went back
to find the woman to ask her if she knew some
mystic art to predict the outcome.

"No," she said, "all I know is that when a
pastry is thoroughly cooked it sits there
quietly, but before it's finished it keeps
making noise."

Our world is so full of noise it's a wonder any of us stay
sane past the age of maybe fifteen.

During the coming week, become aware of the endless noise
that surrounds modern life... and then consciously tune it
out by taking deep breaths and shifting your consciousness
inward.

Bliss and peace are only one breath away.

So take that breath and become aware of the gap between
breaths and let go of the noise and become calm and quiet

(From EarthRain Meditations)

Parvamani

On Jun 5, 6:38 pm, "azhagi.com" <ongr...@azhagi.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Warm Greetings!
>
> I just thought of having atleast one thread in ILLAM in English. What I mean by 'one thread' is a thread like "kaivalya navaneetham" (by our dear brother Mr.Thirumurti Vasudevan - Thiva). We all noticed how he posted all his mails in that thread alone and maintained all the matters related to 'kaivalya navanitham' within that thread itself, all the time, perfectly. Similarly, I am thinking of having one thread  (which is this thread itself with subject "Mails in English? - You can post in this thread [alone]") wherein all English posts can be maintained perfectly, all the time.
>
> If anyone wishes to reply in English for some other thread's mail (which would be in Tamil obviously), they can quote a few lines of that mail and post his/her reply in English in this thread (i.e. "Mails in English? - You can post in this thread [alone]") itself.
>
> I am hopeful that majority of members would welcome this. As ever (since the start of this group), let the quality of messages (as mentioned very clearly inhttp://azhagi.com/illam.html) alone matter most, and not quantity.
>
> Regds.
>
> B. Viswanathan (www.azhagi.com), cont...@azhagi.com, 91-44-42024669

Geetha Sambasivam

Jun 15, 2008, 9:46:59 AM6/15/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
Good One, Thank You.

Natarajan kalpattu N

Jun 16, 2008, 8:42:15 AM6/16/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
The Principa of a school postulated that the best mehod of teaching is
the 'association method' of teaching. The teachers strictly followed
his advice.

In the annual exam there was a question in the science paper of
standard five 'What does the abdomen contain?'

One of the bright students wrote, 'The abdomen contains the bowels
which are A,E,I,O,E.'

Natarajan

On Jun 15, 6:46 pm, "Geetha Sambasivam" <geethasmbs...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Lord Jesus- Hide quoted text -

parvamani

Jun 17, 2008, 11:34:28 PM6/17/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Beauty of Mathematics !!!!!!!

1 x 8 + 1 = 9
12 x 8 + 2 = 98
123 x 8 + 3 = 987
1234 x 8 + 4 = 9876
12345 x 8 + 5 = 98765
123456 x 8 + 6 = 987654
1234567 x 8 + 7 = 9876543
12345678 x 8 + 8 = 98765432
123456789 x 8 + 9 = 987654321

1 x 9 + 2 = 11
12 x 9 + 3 = 111
123 x 9 + 4 = 1111
1234 x 9 + 5 = 11111
12345 x 9 + 6 = 111111
123456 x 9 + 7 = 1111111
1234567 x 9 + 8 = 11111111
12345678 x 9 + 9 = 111111111
123456789 x 9 +10= 1111111111

9 x 9 + 7 = 88
98 x 9 + 6 = 888
987 x 9 + 5 = 8888
9876 x 9 + 4 = 88888
98765 x 9 + 3 = 888888
987654 x 9 + 2 = 8888888
9876543 x 9 + 1 = 88888888
98765432 x 9 + 0 = 888888888

Brilliant, isn't it?

And look at this symmetry:

1 x 1 = 1
11 x 11 = 121
111 x 111 = 12321
1111 x 1111 = 1234321
11111 x 11111 = 123454321
111111 x 111111 = 12345654321
1111111 x 1111111 = 1234567654321
11111111 x 11111111 = 123456787654321
111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

Now, take a look at this...

101%

From a strictly mathematical viewpoint:

What Equals 100%?
What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?

Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than
100%?

We have all been in situations where someone wants you to
GIVE OVER 100%.

How about ACHIEVING 101%?

What equals 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help
answer these questions:

If:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Is represented as:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

If:

H-A-R-D-W-O- R- K

8+1+18+4+23+ 15+18+11 = 98%

And:

K-N-O-W-L-E- D-G-E

11+14+15+23+ 12+5+4+7+ 5 = 96%

But:

A-T-T-I-T-U- D-E

1+20+20+9+20+ 21+4+5 = 100%

THEN, look how far the love of God will take you:

L-O-V-E-O-F- G-O-D

12+15+22+5+15+ 6+7+15+4 = 101%

Therefore, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that:

While Hard Work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will
get you there, It's the Love of God that will put you over the top!

God bless!!

parvamani

Jun 17, 2008, 11:22:42 PM6/17/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Forwarded

CELL PHONE vs. GITA
I wonder what would happen if we treated our Gita like we treat our
cellphone?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we flipped through it several time a day?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to Kids as gifts?
What if we used it when we traveled?
What if we used it in case of emergency?
This is something to make you go.....hmm...where is my Gita?
Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to
worry about our Gita being disconnected because
Krishna already paid the bill.
Makes you stop and think 'where are my priorities?
And no dropped calls!

ESSENCE OF BHAGVAD GITA

Whatever has happened, has happened for good.
Whatever is happening, is happening for good.
Whatever is going to happen, it will be for good.
What have you lost for which you cry?
What did you bring with you, which you have lost?
What did you produce, which has destroyed?
You did not bring anything when you were born.
Whatever you have, you have received from Him.
Whatever you will give, you will give to Him.
You came empty handed and you will go the same way.
Whatever is yours today was somebody else's
Yesterday and will be somebody else's tomorrow.

SO WHY WORRY UNNECESSARILY?
Change is the law of the universe.

Venkatesh (Viji)

Parvamani.

wrote:
> > > B. Viswanathan (www.azhagi.com), cont...@azhagi.com,              91-...
> > > "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." -

Geetha Sambasivam

Jun 18, 2008, 12:26:39 AM6/18/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
Respected Sir,
Expecting more from you like these. Thank You. Indeed very beautiful, and the last one

//L-O-V-E-O-F- G-O-D
12+15+22+5+15+ 6+7+15+4 = 101%//

this one is very excellent.

Geetha Sambasivam

Jun 18, 2008, 12:26:56 AM6/18/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
Thank You for this message.

vishalam raman

Jun 18, 2008, 5:28:37 AM6/18/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
dear parvamani  it is very nice  every body should have gita like mobile  tks for this good sugession with love vishalam

Natarajan kalpattu N

Jun 18, 2008, 7:23:32 AM6/18/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
God!!!!!!!!!
> > Dear All,- Hide quoted text -

Natarajan kalpattu N

Jun 18, 2008, 7:29:39 AM6/18/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Mani is gem and posts from Parvamani are gems worth treasuring.

Tirumurti Vasudevan

Jun 18, 2008, 11:51:29 AM6/18/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
good thinking!

often people complain that they have to wait in several places -offices, consulting rooms, banks etc-  and it is a waste of time.
carry a pocket size gita book and one can always keep reading it.
no more waste of time!
tv
On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:52 AM, parvamani <parv...@gmail.com> wrote:

Forwarded

CELL PHONE vs. GITA

rvis...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2008, 1:01:23 PM6/19/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
A Mathematical Letter

Mr Mathematician
calculas campus
Statistical street
Dynamics

Dear soluable Geometry ,

With due Real sequence i am asking your opinion about the
rational marriage of my complex brother "Zero" with your
relational daughter Miss "Infinity " .she had promised a
diffrential and integral marriage ,You also know that they love
each other so much that they prepared to die for each other
The proof is given below

any digit
------------ = infinity
zero

any digit
-------------- = Zero
infinity

it ia also true that each of them possesses a weakness .My brother
is a lovable chap and he is the enemy of many good students .But he
is such a person that irrespect of his multiplication or
division with great numbers he yields nothing but himself .As
regards your daughter she is not beautiful .Therefore
i think it quite suitable .Could u tell me knidly after
consulting logritham talks the suitable day for this mathematical
ceremony
please do consult with two sisters Miss solid geometry and Real
analysis.
thinking u in binomical expansion

your correctly

x .
with love vishalam

On Jun 18, 8:51 pm, "Tirumurti Vasudevan" <agnih...@gmail.com> wrote:
> good thinking!
>
> often people complain that they have to wait in several places -offices,
> consulting rooms, banks etc-  and it is a waste of time.
> carry a pocket size gita book and one can always keep reading it.
> no more waste of time!
> tv
>
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:52 AM, parvamani <parvam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Forwarded
>
> > CELL PHONE vs. GITA
>
> --
> My blogs:(all in Tamil)http://anmikam4dumbme.blogspot.com/http://nallaseithi.blogspot.com/http://kathaikathaiyaam.blogspot.com/

parvamani

Jun 25, 2008, 7:47:16 AM6/25/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Cell phone vs Gita

Mrs. Vishalam Raman, Mrs.Geetha sambasivam, Natarajan
Kalpattu. Mr. Thirumuthy Vasudevan Thank you for your comments and
related posting by you.

For information of members

Srinivasa Fine arts (P) ltd
118/2 Velayutham Rod
Sivakasi Pin 626 123

have published palm size book of Bhagavad Giia. ( 6cm x 4 1/2 cm x 2
1/2 cm )Of course the print very small

Parvamani

Cell phone vs Gita

Mrs. Vishalam Raman, Mrs.Geetha sambasivam, Natarajan
Kalpattu. Mr. Thirumuthy Vasudevan Thank you for your comments and
related posting by you.

For information of members

Srinivasa Fine arts (P) ltd
118/2 Velayutham Rod
Sivakasi Pin 626 123

have published palm size book of Bhagavad Giia. ( 6cm x 4 1/2 cm x 2
1/2 cm )Of course the print very small

Parvamani

on reading Mr Tv's mail

often people complain that they have to wait in several places -
offices,
consulting rooms, banks etc- and it is a waste of time.
carry a pocket size gita book and one can always keep reading it.
no more waste of time!

I wish to wrtie what somebody said as a JOKE about waiting while wife
getting herself ready to go out with him.

"while waiting read a book Then in your life time you would have
finished reading all the books in a Library'"

Please note it is a joke no offence meant

Parvamani

On Jun 18, 8:51 pm, "Tirumurti Vasudevan" <agnih...@gmail.com> wrote:
> good thinking!
>
> often people complain that they have to wait in several places -offices,
> consulting rooms, banks etc-  and it is a waste of time.
> carry a pocket size gita book and one can always keep reading it.
> no more waste of time!
> tv
>
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:52 AM, parvamani <parvam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Forwarded
>
> > CELL PHONE vs. GITA
>
> --
> My blogs:(all in Tamil)http://anmikam4dumbme.blogspot.com/http://nallaseithi.blogspot.com/http://kathaikathaiyaam.blogspot.com/

parvamani

Jun 25, 2008, 7:51:07 AM6/25/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Mrs Geetha Sambasivam and Mr. Natarajan kalpattu
Thank you

Sub: What is peculiar in the following sentence?

"I do not know where family doctors acquired illegibly perplexing
handwriting nevertheless, extraordinary pharmaceutical intellectuality
counterbalancing indecipherability transcendentalizes
intercommunication's incomprehensibleness"

- Parvamani

Scroll down for clue

clue: count the letters in each word

On Jun 18, 9:26 am, "Geetha Sambasivam" <geethasmbs...@gmail.com>

parvamani

Jun 25, 2008, 7:52:30 AM6/25/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Sub: Fw: rail roads

RAILROADS

The US standard railroad gauge (distance between the rails) is 4
feet,8.5 inches. That's an exceedingly odd number. Why was that
gauge used?

Because that's the way they built them in England, and English
expatriates built the US Railroads.

Why did the English build them like that? Because the first rail
lines were built by the same people who built the Pre-railroad
tramways, and that's the gauge they used.

Why did 'they' use that gauge then? Because the people who built the
tramways used the same jigs and tools That they used for building
wagons, which used that wheel spacing.

Okay! Why did the wagons have that particular odd wheel spacing?
Well, if they tried to use any other spacing, the wagon wheels would
Break on some of the old, long distance roads in England, because
that's the spacing of the wheel ruts.

So who built those old rutted roads?

Imperial Rome built the first long distance roads in Europe (and
England) For their legions. The roads have been used ever since.

And the ruts in the roads?

Roman war chariots formed the initial ruts, which everyone else had to
Match for fear of destroying their wagon wheels. Since the chariots
were Made for Imperial Rome, they were all alike in the matter of
wheel spacing.

The United States standard railroad gauge of 4 feet, 8.5 ! Inches is
derived from the original specifications for an Imperial Roman war
chariot. And bureaucracies Live forever. So the next time you are
handed a specification, don't wonder why on earth it is always so.

And, for your information, the chariots were made that wide enough,
actually to accommodate the back ends of two war horses.

Now, the twist to the story........

When you see a Space Shuttle sitting on its launch pad, there are two
big booster rockets attached to The sides of the main fuel tank.
These are solid rocket boosters or SRBs. The SRBs are made by Thiokol
at their factory at Utah. The engineers who designed the SRBs would
have preferred to make them a bit fatter, but the SRBs had to be
shipped by train from the factory to the launch site. The railroad
line from the factory happens to run through a tunnel in the
mountains. The SRBs had to fit through that tunnel.

The tunnel is slightly wider than the railroad track, and the railroad
track, as you now know, is about as wide as two horses' behinds.

So, a major Space Shuttle design feature of what is arguably the
world's most advanced transportation system was determined over two
thousand years ago by the width of a horse's hind part.

Parvamani

parvamani

Jun 25, 2008, 8:47:26 AM6/25/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)

on reading Mr Tv's mail

often people complain that they have to wait in several places -
offices,
consulting rooms, banks etc- and it is a waste of time.
carry a pocket size gita book and one can always keep reading it.
no more waste of time!

I wish to wrtie what somebody said as a JOKE about waiting while wife
getting herself ready to go out with him.
"while waiting read a book Then in your life time you would have
finished reading all the books in a Library'"

Please note it is a joke no offence meant

Parvamani

On Jun 18, 8:51 pm, "Tirumurti Vasudevan" <agnih...@gmail.com> wrote:
> good thinking!

> --
>!

Geetha Sambasivam

Jun 25, 2008, 11:37:25 AM6/25/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
//Please note it is a joke no offence meant//
Of course, Sir, it is. Thank You. :)))))))

Geetha Sambasivam

Jun 25, 2008, 11:38:50 AM6/25/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
Really wonderful, Great!!!!!!!!

Geetha Sambasivam

Jun 25, 2008, 11:42:42 AM6/25/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
// And bureaucracies Live forever. So the next time you are
handed a specification, don't wonder why on earth it is always so.//

//So, a major Space Shuttle design feature of what is arguably the

world's most advanced transportation system was determined over two
thousand years ago by the width of a horse's hind part.//

Going to bed with a hearty laugh!!!!! Thank You.

parvamani

Jun 27, 2008, 11:20:24 PM6/27/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
­Philosophy 0f Hindu Symbols

By Swami Sivananda

BELLS are rung in temples and while doing Pooja to shut out the
external sounds and to make the mind inward and concentrated.

Lights are waved before the Deity. This denotes that the Lord is Jyoti
Swarupa. He is all-light. 'The devotee says, "0 Lord! Thou art the
self-effulgent Light of the universe. Thou art the light in the sun,
moon and fire. Remove the darkness in me by bestowing your divine
Light. May my intellect be illumined." This is the significance of
waving lights.

Dhoop or scented sticks are burnt before the Deity. The smoke spreads
in the whole room. It acts as a disinfectant. Burning of Dhoop denotes
that the Lord is all-pervading, that He fills the whole universe by
His living presence. It is to remind this fact that Dhoop is burnt.
The devotee prays, "0 Lord! Let the Vasanas and Samskaras dormant in
me vanish like the smoke of this Dhoop and be­come ashes. Let me
become stainless."

Burning of camphor denotes that the individual ego melts like the
camphor and the Jivatman be­comes one with the supreme Light of
lights.

The pasting of sandal reminds the devotee that he should, in his
difficulties, be as patient as the sandal. Sandal emanates sweet odour
when it is pasted. So also the devotee should not murmur when
difficulties arise, but on the other hand, remain cheer­ful and happy
and emanate sweetness and gentleness like the sandal. He should not
hate even his enemy. This is another precept we learn from this.
Though the sandalwood is crushed and pasted, it silently wears out
emanating only very sweet odour. One should not wish evil even to his
enemy.

Parvamani

On Jun 18, 9:26 am, "Geetha Sambasivam" <geethasmbs...@gmail.com>

parvamani

Jul 1, 2008, 1:43:13 AM7/1/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
(Extract from a research paper)

coffee and health

CAFFEINE

Caffeine or 1, 3, 7-trimethylxanthine is the most widely consumed
pharmacologically active substance in the world. Its major action is
to stimulate the central nervous system. . Caffeine is found in over
60 plant species of which the most well-known are cocoa-beans, tea and
coffee.

Caffeine occurs naturally in tea, coffee, cocoa and chocolate products
and is added to soft drinks and a variety of both prescription and
over-the-counter drugs. Standard values for the caffeine content of
these foods and beverages have been set . Thus an average sized cup
(150 ml) of ground roasted coffee contains around 85 mg, instant
coffee 60 mg, decaffeinated coffee 3 mg, leaf or bag tea 30 mg,
instant tea 20 mg and cocoa or hot chocolate 4 mg caffeine..

Caffeine absorption from the gastrointestinal tract is rapid and
virtually complete about 45 minutes after ingestion. The peak plasma
caffeine concentration is reached 15-120 minutes after ingestion.
Intakes of 5-8 mg caffeine/kg body weight give plasma caffeine
concentrations of 8-10 mg/l. The half-life of caffeine in the plasma
is 2.5-4.5 hours in young and elderly men increasing to 80 hours in
newborn infants and over 100 hours in premature infants. and rises to
15 hours in the last trimester of pregnancy. The metabolism of
caffeine is species specific. In humans about 80% of caffeine is
demethylated to paraxanthine and about 16% converted to theobromine
and theophylline in the liver

2. CAFFEINE - A BRIEF SUMMARY

Caffeine is a mild stimulant of the central nervous system and as a
result can influence human behaviour . This includes effects on
aspects of mood such as alertness and anxiety, mental performance and
sleep. Studies of effects of caffeine on human behaviour often use
very high intakes and the relevance of the results of these studies to
normal levels of caffeine consumption are questionable.

3. ALERTNESS

There are a large number of studies showing that caffeine increases
alertness. Effects of caffeine on alertness are often more easy to
demonstrate in subjects in a state of low alertness. Thus caffeine can
counteract the effects on alertness of benzodiazepine administration ,
the early morning , night-time working , a cold or sleep loss .
However, caffeine has also been shown to increase alertness in fully
alert subjects . Effects of caffeine on alertness have been
demonstrated both at high doses as well as at more realistic lower
doses . It has also been shown that the effects are due to caffeine
itself rather than the combination of caffeine and the drink in which
it is presented . These effects on alertness have important
implications for certain practical situations as safety is often at
risk when alertness is low. Improved alertness can be beneficial at
different times of the day and night, and whilst undertaking different
tasks. Driving is now somewhat essential for many people, and driver
fatigue is a significant cause of road traffic accidents.

4. ANXIETY

“it appears that caffeine can increase anxiety when administered in
single bolus doses of 300 mg or higher, which is many times greater
than the amount present in a single serving of a typical caffeine-
containing beverage. However, in lower doses it appears to have little
effect on this mood-state or, under certain circumstances, it may even
reduce anxiety levels.”

several cups of coffee each containing 125 mg caffeine increased
anxiety.

5. MENTAL PERFORMANCE

“When caffeine is consumed in the range of doses found in many foods,
it improves the ability of individuals to perform tasks requiring
sustained attention, including automobile driving. In addition, when
administered in the same dose range, caffeine increases self-reported
alertness and decreases sleepiness”. “Adverse behavioural effects
occur when caffeine is consumed in excessive doses or by individuals
who are overly sensitive to the substance”.

6. SLEEP

A large number of studies have demonstrated that caffeine increases
the time needed to go to sleep and reduces the duration of sleep.
However, there are large individual differences in the effects of
caffeine on sleep. For example, in one study caffeine given in the
early morning had effects on the subsequent nights sleep whereas in a
second study consumption of caffeine at bedtime had no adverse effects
on sleep the same night . One explanation for these individual
differences is that habitual consumers of caffeine are less likely to
report sleep disturbances than infrequent consumers of caffeine
Another explanation may be that tolerance to the effects of caffeine
on sleep develops in habitual consumers and there are no withdrawal
effects when caffeine consumption is discontinued . Even when caffeine
consumption produces sleep disturbances this may not be translated
into changes in mood and performance the following day .

7. CAFFEINE, PHYSICAL PERFORMANCE AND SPORTS

It has been shown that caffeine consumption can improve athletic
performance in numerous endurance events including swimming , cycling
and women’s tennis . The International Olympic Committee (IOC) removed
caffeine from its list of banned substances in January 2004.

The diuretic effect of caffeine may be a particular disadvantage for
athletes competing in humid climates where the risk of dehydration is
high or in endurance events where dehydration has a greater effect on
performance. Athletes are often advised to avoid tea and coffee for
these reasons but the diuretic effect of caffeine is likely to be
small in those accustomed to its use .

8. CAFFEINE AND HABITUATION

There is growing evidence that caffeine intake from coffee can
increase alertness in car drivers and hence reduce accidents. Sleep-
related car accidents show peaks in the early morning and the early
afternoon. An intake of 150 mg caffeine in coffee has been shown to
significantly reduce driving impairments, subjective sleepiness and
electroencephalographic (EEG) activity indicating drowsiness in early
afternoon driving tests . A subsequent study showed that 200 mg
caffeine in coffee significantly reduced driving incidents, subjective
sleepiness and EEG activity in early morning driving tests . Caffeine
is more effective than alternative strategies for combating fatigue
including cold air blown on the face or the use of a radio or tape
player .

Despite these valuable effects in everyday life, caffeine has been
described as “a potential drug of abuse” and it has also been
suggested that caffeine is a “model drug of abuse” .

( to continue)

Venkatram Shrinivas

Jul 3, 2008, 2:22:04 PM7/3/08
to il...@googlegroups.com

Dear Friends,

 It so happens that just because, once in a while, I choose an E-greeting from a greetings website for sending  it to my friend/s, these websites keep flooding my mail-box with their greetings almost on a daily basis. I keep deleting them on a weekly basis. But I don't label them as "Scam",  because sometimes, I stumble upon a wonderful greeting, thecontent of which unfailingly makes a deep and lasting impression  in my mind. I make it a point to save in a folder,the text of each such greeing, Herebelow, is one entitled 'the heart of a woman'

             The Heart Of A Woman

            They smile when they want to scream.
            They sing when they want to cry.
            They cry when they are happy
            and laugh when they are nervous.

            They fight for what they believe in.
            They stand up against injustice.
            They don't take "no" for an answer
            when they believe there is a better solution.

            They go without new shoes
            so their children can have them.
            They go to the doctor
            with a frightened friend.

            They love unconditionally.
            They cry when their children excel
            and cheer when their friends get awards.
            They are happy when they hear
            about a birth or a new marriage.

            Their hearts break when a friend dies.
            They have sorrow at the loss of a family member,
            yet they are strong when they think
            there is no strength left.

            They know that a hug
            and a kiss
            can heal a broken heart.

            Women come in all sizes,
            in all colors and shapes.
            They'll drive, fly, walk, run or e-mail you
            to show how much they care about you.

            The heart of a woman is what makes the world spin!
            Women do more than just give birth.
            They bring joy and hope.
            They give compassion and ideals.
            They give moral support to their family and friends.

            Women have a lot to say and a lot to give.

                 ~Author Unknown~

--
V.Shrinivas (Seenu)

Natarajan kalpattu N

Jul 3, 2008, 9:45:24 PM7/3/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
I am wonder struck reading your posts.

In India before the advent of the 'broad guage' there were the 'metre
guage' and the 'narrow guage' (some of the state railways had this).
Any explanations for this?

parvamani

Jul 5, 2008, 5:29:02 AM7/5/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Sri.Natarajan,

with regard to your query Igive below some information
gathered by me. I think this answers partially if not fully your
question.

Parvamani

1. UIC defines meter gauge as Railways with gauge of 1000mm
---1067 mm

Inside measurement between rails.

(The International Union of Railways (UIC) is the worldwide
organisation for international cooperation among railways and
promotion of rail transport at a global level)

2. Meter Gauge Railways

Gauge Countries

1000 Cambodia, Malaysia,
Myanmar, Thailand,

Vietnam,
Argentina, Bangladesh, Bolivia,

Brazil,
Cameroon, Chile, India, Kenya,

Tanzania,
Singapore

1065 South Africa,
Namibia

1067 Indonesia, Philippines,
Australia (QR etc.),

Congo Rep., Costa
Rica, Japan, Mozambique,

New Zealand, Nigeria,
Sudan, Taiwan

Network Share by Gauges

World:--
Asia and Africa

Standard Gauge---59% 32%

Meter Gauge------17%
42%

Broad Gauge------23%
25%

Narrow Gauge----- 1%
1%

Meter Gauge is 42% of rail networks in Asia and Africa.

Region of Meter Gauge Railways

Asia : -------Bangladesh, India, Japan. Pakistan, Taiwan

ASEAN: ---Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar,

Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam

Oceania: ----Australia, New Zealand

Middle East:-- Jordan, Syria

Europe: -------Greece, Spain

Region of Meter Gauge Railways

South America : ----------Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile,

Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador,
El Salvador,

Guatemala, Honduras, Peru,
Portugal

Africa: --------------------Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso,
Botswana,

Cameroon, Congo, Ethiopia,
Ghana, Guinea,

Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar,
Malawi, Mali,

Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria,
Senegal,

South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland,
Tanzania, Togo,

Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia,
Zimbabwe

3.Since narrow gauge railways are usually built with smaller radius
curves and smaller structure gauges, they can be substantially cheaper
to build, equip, and operate than standard gauge or broad gauge
railways, particularly in mountainous terrain. The lower costs of
narrow gauge railways mean they are often built to serve industries
and communities where the traffic potential would not justify the
costs of building a standard or broad gauge line. Narrow gauge
railways also have specialized use in mines and other environments
where a very small structure gauge makes a very small loading gauge
necessary. On the other hand, standard gauge or broad gauge railways
generally have a greater haulage capacity and allow greater speeds
than narrow gauge systems.

Since narrow gauge railways are usually built with smaller radius
curves and smaller structure gauges, they can be substantially cheaper
to build, equip, and operate than standard gauge or broad gauge
railways, particularly in mountainous terrain. The lower costs of
narrow gauge railways mean they are often built to serve industries
and communities where the traffic potential would not justify the
costs of building a standard or broad gauge line. Narrow gauge
railways also have specialized use in mines and other environments
where a very small structure gauge makes a very small loading gauge
necessary. On the other hand, standard gauge or broad gauge railways
generally have a greater haulage capacity and allow greater speeds
than narrow gauge systems.

Historically, many narrow gauge railways were built as part of
specific industrial enterprises and were primarily industrial railways
rather than general carriers. Some common uses for these industrial
narrow gauge railways were mining, logging, construction, tunnelling,
quarrying, and the conveying of agricultural products. Extensive
narrow gauge networks were constructed in many parts of the world for
these purposes. Significant sugarcane railways still operate in Cuba,
Fiji, Java, the Philippines and in Queensland in Australia. Narrow
gauge railway equipment remains in common use for the construction of
tunnels.

India's most famous railways, the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway and
Kalka-Shimla Railway are both narrow gauge

The earliest recorded railway is shown in the De re metallica of 1556,
which shows a mine in the Czech Republic with a railway of
approximately 2 ft (610 mm) gauge. During the 16th century railways
were mainly restricted to hand-pushed narrow gauge lines in mines
throughout Europe. During the 17th century mine railways were extended
to provide transportation above ground. These lines were industrial,
connecting mines with nearby transportation points, usually canals or
other waterways. These railways were usually built to the same narrow
gauge as the mine railways they developed from. [1]

In India

Meter Gauge - 1m

This is still found in a lot of places, despite the push to convert
everything to broad gauge. It is said that this gauge was chosen by
Lord Mayo (then Viceroy of India) based on calculations to allow 4
persons to sit comfortably abreast — it would have been 3'3" except
that there was then a push to move to the metric system and so the
gauge became 1m. The first MG line was built in 1872 from Delhi to
Farukh Nagar (??). Interestingly, the metric system was not after all
adopted until nearly a century later, so the gauge was the only thing
in India that was 'metric' for a very long time.

Narrow Gauge - 2' (610mm)

A few places in India have the even narrower 2–foot gauge: New
Jalpaiguri-Darjeeling, Neral Matheran, and the Gwalior branch lines,
which include Gwalior - Sheopur Kalan, Gwalior – Shivpuri, and Gwalior
– Bhind. (The Gwalior lines in the past also included the Ujjain–Agar
line.) The Howrah-Amta and Howrah-Sheakhala NG lines were shut down a
while back, and are now being rebuilt as broad gauge.

The two narrow gauges together make up about 3700 route km of IR's
network.

Interestingly, India has never used 'rollbocken' or transporter wagons
to allow direct movement of freight from one gauge to another.
Transshipment of freight from one gauge to another was always done by
manually unloading and reloading the goods from one train to another.
Two transporter wagons were supplied by Calthrop to the Barsi Light
Railway but fell into disuse after just a few years. They were used at
the Kuruduwadi workshops for many years afterwards. Apart from these,
no transporter wagons are known to have been used in India.

Parvamani

5-7-08

On Jul 4, 6:45 am, Natarajan kalpattu N <knn1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am wonder struck reading your posts.
>
> In India before the advent of the 'broad guage' there were the 'metre
> guage' and the 'narrow guage' (some of the state railways had this).
> Any explanations for this?
>
> On Jun 25, 4:52 pm, parvamani <parvam...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Sub: Fw: rail roads
>
> > RAILROADS

Geetha Sambasivam

Jul 5, 2008, 6:42:21 AM7/5/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
Interesting News, Thank You Sir.

parvamani

Jul 6, 2008, 2:12:14 PM7/6/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)

What Swami Vivekananda said

Parvamani

When I Asked God for Strength

He Gave Me Difficult Situations to Face

When I Asked God for Brain & Brown

He Gave Me Puzzles in life to Solve

When I Asked God for Happiness

He Showed Me Some Unhappy People

When I Asked God for Wealth

He Showed Me How to Work Hard

When I Asked God for Favors

He Showed Me opportunities to Work Hard

When I Asked God for Peace

He Showed Me How to Help Others

God Gave Me Nothing I Wanted

He Gave Me Everything I Needed

- Swami Vivekananda

On Jun 5, 6:38 pm, "azhagi.com" <ongr...@azhagi.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Warm Greetings!

விஸ்வநாதன் பாலசுப்ரமணியன்

Jul 9, 2008, 8:19:51 AM7/9/08
to il...@googlegroups.com

As per vishalam amma's wish.

Jul 9, 2008, 9:27:54 AM7/9/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
//Bliss made my body shivering
EXPERINCING  THE GODS LOVE  SHOWERING ,//

Really wonderful!

parvamani

Jul 16, 2008, 1:08:53 AM7/16/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
You may take it as kadi Jokes

1)
Mr.X : What is the name of your car ?
Lady : I forgot the name, but it starts with "T".
Mr.X : Oh! What a car! It starts with 'Tea' itself! My car starts only
with petrol.

2)
Mr.X was busy removing a wheel from his auto. A man asks Mr.X: 'why
are you removing a wheel from your auto?'
Mr.X : Can't you read the board? Parking is only for 2-wheelers.

3)
Mr.X got into a bus on 1st April when conductor asked for ticket. He
gave Rs.10/- and took the ticket and exclaimed "April fool.... I
have got bus-pass...."

4)
Two Mr.Xs were fixing a bomb in a car.
Mr.X 1 : What would you do if the bomb explodes while fixing.
Mr.X 2 : Dont worry man, I have one more.

5)
Boss: Where were you born?
Mr.X : Goa.
Boss : which part ?
Mr.X : what 'which part'? Whole body born in Goa.

6)
Mr.X joined a new job. 1st day he worked till late evening on the
computer. Boss was happy and asked what you did till evening.
Mr.X : Keyboard alphabets were not in order, so I made it all right.

7)
On a romantic day Mr.X's girlfriend asks him: "Darling.... on our
engagement day, will you give me a ring?"
Mr.X : Ya sure, from landline or mobile?

Parvamani

On Jun 5, 6:38 pm, "azhagi.com" <ongr...@azhagi.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Warm Greetings!
>

> B. Viswanathan (www.azhagi.com), cont...@azhagi.com, 91-44-42024669
> “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” - Lord Jesus

Geetha Sambasivam

Jul 16, 2008, 3:26:34 AM7/16/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
already read all from some book, even though laughed heartily!!! :)))))))))

especially,

//1)

Mr.X : What is the name of your car ?
Lady : I forgot the name, but it starts with "T".
Mr.X : Oh! What a car! It starts with 'Tea' itself! My car starts only
with petrol.//

just was thinking, if the car  really starts with TEA

//5)

Boss: Where were you born?
Mr.X : Goa.
Boss : which part ?
Mr.X : what 'which part'? Whole body born in Goa.//

was thinking the expression of the other man, who asked the question, made me laugh again and again.

//7)

On a romantic day Mr.X's girlfriend asks him: "Darling.... on our
engagement day, will you give me a ring?"
Mr.X : Ya sure, from landline or mobile?//

wonderful!!!! :)))))))))))

parvamani

Jul 21, 2008, 2:56:12 AM7/21/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)

Forwarded
Mahatma Gandhi’s Top Ten Fundamentals for Changing the World

1. Change yourself.

“You must be the change you want to see in the world.”

“As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to
remake the world - that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being
able to remake ourselves.”

2. You are in control.

“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”

3. Forgive and let it go.

“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the
strong.”

“An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.”

4. Without action you aren’t going anywhere.

“An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.”

5. Take care of this moment.

“I do not want to foresee the future. I am concerned with taking care
of the present. God has given me no control over the moment
following.”

6. Everyone is human.

“I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow
mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my
errors and to retrace my steps.”

“It is unwise to be too sure of one’s own wisdom. It is healthy to be
reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.”

7. Persist.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you,
then you win.”

8. See the good in people and help them.

“I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself,
I won’t presume to probe into the faults of others.”

“Man becomes great exactly in the degree in which he works for the
welfare of his fellow-men.”

“I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means
getting along with people.”

9. Be congruent, be authentic, be your true self.

“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are
in harmony.”

“Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always
aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.”

10. Continue to grow and evolve.

“Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries
to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself
into a false position.”

From Henrik Edberg’s book on Personal Development

Fw
Parvamani

On Jul 16, 12:26 pm, "Geetha Sambasivam" <geethasmbs...@gmail.com>

parvamani

Jul 24, 2008, 11:10:15 AM7/24/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Forwarded

GREAT DAD

How a son/a daughter think of his/her father at
different ages

At the age of 4 years-- My Dad is Great
At the age of 6 years-- My Daddy knows evrything
At the age of 10 years-- My Daddy is good but he is
short tempered.He also
knows little
than my friend's
Daddy.
At the age of 12 years-- My Daddy was nice to me when I was young
At the age of 16 years-- My Daddyis not in lines with the current
times.
Frankly he does not know
anything.
At the age of 18 years-- My Daddy is becoming increasingly cranky and
unreasonable
At the age of 20 years--- oh! It is becoming difficult to tolerate
Daddy
wonder how mother puts up
with him
At the age of 25 years-- Daddy is objecting to everything. Don't know
when he will understand
the world.
At the age of 30 years--It is becoming difficult to manage my son.!
I used to be so scared of
my dad when I was Young.
At the age of 40 years--Daddy brought me up with so much discipline. I
wonder how he managed to
handle the younger
generation!
At the age of 45 years--I am baffled as to how my Daddy brought us up
At the age of 50 years--My Daddy faced so many hardships to bring us
up.
I am unable to manage a
single child
At the age of 55 years--My Daddywas so fore sighted and planned so
many
things for us! Even at this
old age, he is able to control
things. He is one of his
kind and unique.
At the age of 60 years--my daddy was great!

Don't take so many years! Realise it in time

parvamani

On Jun 5, 6:38 pm, "azhagi.com" <ongr...@azhagi.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Warm Greetings!
>
> I just thought of having atleast one thread in ILLAM in English. What I mean by 'one thread' is a thread like "kaivalya navaneetham" (by our dear brother Mr.Thirumurti Vasudevan - Thiva). We all noticed how he posted all his mails in that thread alone and maintained all the matters related to 'kaivalya navanitham' within that thread itself, all the time, perfectly. Similarly, I am thinking of having one thread  (which is this thread itself with subject "Mails in English? - You can post in this thread [alone]") wherein all English posts can be maintained perfectly, all the time.
>
> If anyone wishes to reply in English for some other thread's mail (which would be in Tamil obviously), they can quote a few lines of that mail and post his/her reply in English in this thread (i.e. "Mails in English? - You can post in this thread [alone]") itself.
>
> I am hopeful that majority of members would welcome this. As ever (since the start of this group), let the quality of messages (as mentioned very clearly inhttp://azhagi.com/illam.html) alone matter most, and not quantity.
>
> Regds.

Natarajan kalpattu N

Jul 27, 2008, 6:51:07 AM7/27/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Dear Parvamani Sir,

Thanks a lot for the info.

Natarajan.

parvamani

Aug 2, 2008, 8:24:19 AM8/2/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Every one knows Mother Theresa but many may not know other Famous
Mothers

FAMOUS "MOTHERS"

MOTHER HALE

Clara Hale of New York City has raised forty foster children and cared
for more than five hundred babies of drug-addicted mothers. In
'1985,.President Ronald Reagan ,cited her as "a true American hero."
She cares for the children at Hale House, which is located in central
Harlem in New York City. Clara Hale was born in -1905 in Philadelphia
Pennsylvania.

MOTHER JONES

Mary Harris Jones spent most of her lifetime crusading against low
wages and poor working conditions for children, coal miners, and rail
road workers in the U.S. She was born in Ireland in 1830 and died the
U.S. in 1930.

MOTHER SETON

Elizabeth Ann Seton was a teacher and Roman Catholic religious lead er
who founded an order of sisters, the Daughters of Charity. She ai"
helped establish the parochial school system in the U.s. She was bo in
New York in 1774 and died in 1821. In 1975, she was canonized the
first American-born saint.

MOTHER TERESA

Agnes Bojaxhiu was born in Yugoslavia in 1910. At age eighteen, she
became a nun and served as a teacher in Calcutta, India for twenty
years. She left her convent to work for the poor and sick people in
the slums of Calcutta. She founded the Missionaries of Charity and was
awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for her work in 1979.

WHISTLER'S MOTHER

When James Whistler painted a portrait of his mother, Anna McNeil
Whistler, he captured a woman of patience and created a symbol of
motherhood. Her image is so popular that it is found on greeting cards
posters, playing cards, and T-shirts. In 1934, the United States
issued three-cent postage stamp with a picture of Mrs. Whistler "in
memory and honor of the Mothers of America."

The title of the painting, in which Anna Whistler is shown seated in a
chair, is "Arrangement in Black and Gray No.1, The Artist's. Mother."

Parvamani

On Jun 5, 6:38 pm, "azhagi.com" <ongr...@azhagi.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Warm Greetings!

parvamani

Aug 2, 2008, 9:10:02 AM8/2/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Nowadays children are crazy abou Pizza. Why? some adults also.

Six Facts About Pizza

1. . Pizza means "pie" in Italian. It is a yeast dough covered with
toma­to sauce and topped with cheese and meat or vegetables, and then
baked. Without the toppings to weigh it down, the bread would puff up
when it is baked.

2. Pizza was created over 500 years ago by the women of Naples, Ita­
ly. The Duke of Naples, who lived in the 1400s, is credited with
popularizing pizza and its many varied toppings.

3. The first pizza made with tomatoes and cheese was created for Queen
Margherita of Italy in 1889. The -pizzamaker, Raffaele Esposito, used
ingredients that matched colors of the Italian flag: tomatoes (red),
mozzarella cheese (white), and basil leaves (green).

4. The first pizza parlor in America was opened in New York City in
1905 by Gennaro Lombardi. Pizza was originally considered to be a
foreign food and was found only in Italian neighborhoods.

5. American soldiers popularized pizza in America. After World War II,
the soldiers who ,served 'in Italy brought their taste for pizza back
to the U.S.

6,. Pizzamakers started to spin the dough in the air during the 1930s.
The gesture of spinning pizza dough is for show only; it is not a
function of pizzamaking.

2.NUTRITION IN KIDS' FAVORITEFOODS

Food Calories Cholesterol' Protein
'Fat'

Pizza
(1 slice, cheese) 718 97.8 37.6
19.6

Important please note the high content of cholestrol

3.More than 3,000 students in the 5th grade were asked to answer
twelve questions covering a broad range of topics in order to discover
just what is on the minds of America's young people.

On a less serious but equally vital topic, 45 percent of those polled
said that pizza was the one food they couldn't live without.

Parvamani

On Jun 5, 6:38 pm, "azhagi.com" <ongr...@azhagi.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Warm Greetings!
>
>>.

Geetha Sambasivam

Aug 2, 2008, 10:51:51 AM8/2/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
Very useful news. Did not know about these people till now. Thank You for sharing.

Geetha Sambasivam

Aug 2, 2008, 10:49:28 AM8/2/08
to il...@googlegroups.com

 Excellent article about Pizza. .

parvamani

Aug 9, 2008, 9:18:30 AM8/9/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
FAMOUS BACHELORS

Among famous bachelors was Horace Walpole who satirised women
for more than half a century--although it is said he fell in love
during his later years but could not find the courage to ask the
burning question!

Beethoven was also a bachelor, while Hans Anderson, Voltaire,
Macaulay and Michelangelo had their own reasons for remaining single.
There were others, too, who would have married, but circumstances
would not allow them. Charles Lamb never married because of his ailing
sister, while Alexander Pope was too devoted to his mother

Obesity was the reason why Gibbon remained a bachelor. So fat,
was he ,that on one occasion when he fell down on his knees to
propose, he could not raise and had to be helped up by two attendants,

Parvamani ( from Indian express dated 23-4--1978)

On Aug 2, 7:51 pm, "Geetha Sambasivam" <geethasmbs...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Lord Jesus- Hide quoted text -

Geetha Sambasivam

Aug 9, 2008, 11:54:05 PM8/9/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
// So fat,

was he ,that on one occasion when he fell down on his knees to
propose, he could not raise and had to be helped up by two attendants,//

:)))))))))))))

already gave comments for these. but cannot find it now. where is that thread????

parvamani

Aug 10, 2008, 12:20:25 AM8/10/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)

The Tao Of Forgiveness

One day, the sage gave the disciple an empty sack and a basket of
potatoes. "Think of all the people who have done or said something
against you in the recent past, especially those you cannot forgive.

For each of them, inscribe the name on a potato and put it in the
sack."

The disciple came up quite a few names, and soon his sack was heavy
with potatoes.

"Carry the sack with you wherever you go for a week," said the sage.
"We'll talk after that."

At first, the disciple thought nothing of it. Carrying the sack was
not particularly difficult. But after a while, it became more of a
burden. It sometimes got in the way, and it seemed to require more
effort to carry as time went on, even though its weight remained the
same.
After a few days, the sack began to smell. The carved potatoes gave
off a ripe odor. Not only were they increasingly inconvenient to carry
around, they were also becoming rather unpleasant.

Finally, the week was over. The sage summoned the disciple. "Any
thoughts about all this?"

"Yes, Master," the disciple replied. "When we are unable to forgive
others, we carry negative feelings with us everywhere, much like these
potatoes. That negativity becomes a burden to us and, after a while,
it festers."

"Yes, that is exactly what happens when one holds a grudge. So, how
can we lighten the load?"

"We must strive to forgive."

"Forgiving someone is the equivalent of removing the corresponding
potato from the sack. How many of your transgressors are you able to
forgive?"

"I've thought about it quite a bit, Master," the disciple said. "It
required much effort, but I have decided to forgive all of them."

"Very well, we can remove all the potatoes. Were there any more people
who transgressed against you this last week?"

The disciple thought for a while and admitted there were. Then he felt
panic when he realized his empty sack was about to get filled up
again.

"Master," he asked, "if we continue like this, wouldn't there always
be potatoes in the sack week after week?"

"Yes, as long as people speak or act against you in some way, you will
always have potatoes."

"But Master, we can never control what others do. So what good is the
Tao in this case?"

"We're not at the realm of the Tao yet. Everything we have talked
about so far is the conventional approach to forgiveness. It is the
same thing that many philosophies and most religions preach - we must
constantly strive to forgive, for it is an important virtue. This is
not the Tao because there is no striving in the Tao."

"Then what is the Tao, Master?"

"You can figure it out. If the potatoes are negative feelings, then
what is the sack?"

"The sack is... that which allows me to hold on to the negativity. It
is something within us that makes us dwell on feeling offended.... Ah,
it is my inflated sense of self-importance. "

"And what will happen if you let go of it?"

"Then... the things that people do or say against me no longer seem
like such a major issue."

"In that case, you won't have any names to inscribe on potatoes. That
means no more weight to carry around, and no more bad smells.

The Tao of forgiveness is the conscious decision to not just to remove
some potatoes... but to relinquish the entire sack."

Parvamani

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 7:23 PM, விஸ்வநாதன் பாலசுப்ரமணியன் <

parvamani

Aug 10, 2008, 12:52:04 AM8/10/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
WISE SAYINGS
1.A day without sunshine is like night.
2.He who laughs last, thinks slowest
3.Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm
4.A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
5. Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.
6.If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.
7.When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
8.Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
9.Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "What the
hell happened?"
10.Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear
bright until you hear them speak.
11.Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of
jalapenos.

Parvamani

Tirumurti Vasudevan

Aug 10, 2008, 1:05:28 AM8/10/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
A Gem!
tv

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 9:50 AM, parvamani <parv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Tao Of Forgiveness

Tirumurti Vasudevan

Aug 10, 2008, 1:12:54 AM8/10/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
illavaasikaLE

// 11.Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of
> jalapenos.//

if you are like me who did not know what "jalapenos" are....
<<is a medium to large size chili pepper which is prized for its warm,
burning sensation when eaten.>>

Tirumurti Vasudevan

Aug 10, 2008, 1:07:11 AM8/10/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
should have been titled wisecracks!
all of them made me laugh!
tv

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 10:22 AM, parvamani <parv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> WISE SAYINGS

விஸ்வநாதன்

Aug 10, 2008, 2:16:03 AM8/10/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
// Horace Walpole who satirised women for more than half a
century ... ... ... could not find the courage to ask the
burning question //

வாயை வைத்துக்கொண்டு சும்மா இருந்திருக்கலாம்...
இல்லாததால், வேண்டிய நேரத்தில், வாய் இருந்தும் சும்மா இருந்து விட்டார்
போலும்.

On Aug 9, 6:18 pm, parvamani <parvam...@gmail.com> wrote:
                                            FAMOUS BACHELORS

         Among famous bachelors was Horace Walpole who satirised
women
for more than half a century--although it is said he fell in love
during his  later years but could not find the courage to ask the
burning question!
... ... ...
..

Geetha Sambasivam

Aug 10, 2008, 4:01:24 AM8/10/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
பின்னூட்டங்கள் அதிக சுவாரசியமாய் இருக்கிறது.  :)))))))

விஸ்வநாதன்

Aug 10, 2008, 5:01:29 AM8/10/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
A gem indeed, brother Thiva.

I remember reading Sri Ramana Maharishi saying that one of the first
few things he noticed after he realised his SELF was that he was not
the least bothered when people spoke words of insult or ridicule for
which earlier (prior to self-realisation) he was reacting almost
always.

- V

On Aug 10, 9:20 am, parvamani <parvam...@gmail.com> wrote:
The Tao Of Forgiveness
... ...
..

Tirumurti Vasudevan

Aug 12, 2008, 11:52:20 AM8/12/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
a link and partial cut paste:
http://www.rediff.com/money/2008/aug/12mrv.htm
The inspirational tale of Elango and Kuthampakkam village

It was not too long ago that it was called Kutrampakkam (a place of
crime). Located a mere 40 km from the center of the city of Chennai,
Kuthampakkam like any other Indian village was only dependent on its
two (paddy) crops every year for its income. That meant insufficient
and unsustainable income. Thus, people there had to resort to unlawful
social activities to augment their income.

But that was not all. On all social and development indices the
village was a laggard even by Indian standards. Further, governments
came and went and grand promises were made and broken.

The net effect: despite sixty years of independence locals there did
not even know what was primary infrastructure: roads, primary
healthcare or schools.

What accentuated the problem of Kuthampakkam was the caste clashes
between the Harijans and others. In short, a place on the outskirts of
Chennai (one of the major engines of information technology growth in
India) resembled sub-Saharan Africa with its repeated group clashes,
abject poverty and abysmal infrastructure.

And all this was as recent as mid-nineties when Rangasamy Elango
became the president of the village panchayat. Elango had to walk for
7 km each way everyday for his high school education. But that was a
cakewalk considering the challenges he had to face later in his life.

A socially conscious person, Elango even as a teenager had started
working on homegrown solutions for the problems confronting his
village. So he was able to visualise the transformation that he sought
to achieve.

It was these initial experiences that Elango would put to devastating
effect years later in his life. After a stint at employment till the
mid-1990s, Elango returned to his village. Kuthampakkam has not looked
back since then. Neither has Elango.

In the process he experienced opposition from the local politicians,
corrupt officials, illicit arrack brewers, land grabbers and others.
Yet all this did not deter him from his march to liberate
Kuthampakkam. Crucially, he did not offer excuses, like many other
middle class Indians.

Luckily for him, in 1994 the Tamil Nadu government passed the Tamil
Nadu Panchayat Act. It was at this point in time that he started
working with the groups in various parts of the State in creating
awareness about the new Panchayat Raj system.

In 1996, he contested in the local elections and became the President
of the Kuthampakkam village panchayat. His goal: to make Kuthampakkam
a role model for other village panchayats. Interestingly, with the
participation of the Gram Shaba, Kuthampakkam Panchayat prepared the
five-year plan for the term 1996 to 2001 -- a first perhaps in the
entire country!

The planning process gave him the opportunity to understand the
diverse needs of his community and the outlay required to meet these
aspirations. Importantly, to meet the shortfall he prescribed various
cost-effective techniques and innovative methods.

Contrast this with the manner in which the governments fail to link
outlays and outcomes -- a fact admitted by our Union finance minister,
no less.

Instantly, people started realising the growth potential associated
with this movement. Naturally this increased their participation
further. Leveraging this participation of people, the Kuthampakkam
Panchayat successfully mobilised huge support under the various
schemes offered by the state government.

Using these schemes all the inner roads were upgraded to concrete
roads. Likewise drains were constructed with proper slope at all the
required places. A samathuvapuram was constructed where fifty twin
houses were constructed to accommodate 100 families. In every twin
house, a Harijan family was allocated one side and the other side was
allocated to an 'upper caste' family.

That's the extraordinary story of an ordinary man

Of course, this certainly involved delicate handling of sensitive
issues, and Elango tells us that this was achieved 'not by debunking
castes, but by accepting various castes and persuading each caste to
respect the other while not wishing it away.'

What a refreshing contrast to the manner in which our polity pits one
caste against the other for narrow electoral gains!

Needless to emphasize it is the samathuvapuram at Kuthampakkam that
has become a role model for the whole of Tamil Nadu, a remarkable
achievement indeed in a state known for being highly sensitive to
castes and related issues.

In October 2001, Elango was reelected. This term, Elango concentrated
on providing sustainable employment opportunities within the village.
He has designed a process called 'Network Growth Economy Model.' The
idea of this scheme is to ensure that virtually all value additions of
every village product take place within the network so that the income
of the village is well augmented.

And for this Elango identifies and uses appropriate local technology,
materials and imparts valuable skills to his people. No wonder, the
village became hunger-free last year -- an achievement that eludes
many of our villages, towns and perhaps cities.

Further, Elango seeks to network with 'good panchayats' across the
states for this purpose. For this he had identified more than 500 good
panchayat leaders. He is now running a panchayat academy in order to
create a common platform to share good practices.

Elango is targetting to make 200 role model villages before 2011.
Likewise, he is aiming to make 2,000 role model villages by 2016 after
which he believes that the threshold having been reached, the momentum
created by the democratic process will automatically take care of the
rest.

The story of Elango is the extraordinary story of an ordinary middle
class Indian silently transforming the life of thousands of Indians.

It is indeed shameful that the media, government and the
intelligentsia of the country do not even recognize such agents of
monumental change. No wonder we feel dejected and disillusioned.

But Elango and the people of Kuthampakkam have demonstrated to us that
it is we, the people, who have to be the instruments of change, else
we will be consigned to the dustbin of history.

On the eve of our Independence day, the least we can do is salute
Elango and the people of Kuthampakkam for it is they who provide us
hope and inspiration and once again reminding us that India can be
built only by Indians.

Geetha Sambasivam

Aug 14, 2008, 3:19:16 AM8/14/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
//It is indeed shameful that the media, government and the

intelligentsia of the country do not even recognize such agents of
monumental change. No wonder we feel dejected and disillusioned//

//On the eve of our Independence day, the least we can do is salute

Elango and the people of Kuthampakkam for it is they who provide us
hope and inspiration and once again reminding us that India can be
built only by Indians.//

Super!!!!!!

We Salute Elango and the people of Kuthampakkam!

Hats Off to Elango!

AKR

Aug 15, 2008, 2:57:31 AM8/15/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
Great!

Information like this must be publicized to inspire all those who wish to bring good to the society but are wondering as to whether they can achieve anything. Let us pray that more and more noble persons like Mr. Elango come forward to shoulder the burden of mother India.

Jai Hind

Natarajan kalpattu N

Aug 15, 2008, 6:21:50 AM8/15/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Our country needs thousands of dedicated persons like Elango. God may
his tribe increase!

On Aug 15, 11:57 am, "AKR" <akrconsulta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great!
>
> Information like this must be publicized to inspire all those who wish to bring good to the society but are wondering as to whether they can achieve anything. Let us pray that more and more noble persons like Mr. Elango come forward to shoulder the burden of mother India.
>
> Jai Hind

parvamani

Aug 22, 2008, 11:58:17 PM8/22/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Some quotes from former Olympic greats............

.We need not have to be at the Olympics to feel the heat. We could
sense the "electricity" even while watching the games on television.
The Olympic Games celebrate the spirit of sportsmanship. The Games are
also a medium to spread the message of unity and peace. At the
Olympics, ambitious sports persons face the ultimate test of
performance. What makes Olympic winners achieve their goals? How does
their passion fuel them to scale new heights? The answer to these
questions MAY be found in these Olympic quotes compiled for your
reading pleasure:

Katarina Witt (German figure skater, 1984 Sarajevo Winter Olympics)
When I go out on the ice, I just think about my skating. I forget it
is a competition.

Jesse Owens (African-American athlete, 1936 Summer Olympics)
Olympics -- A lifetime of training for just ten seconds.

Mia Hamm (American football player, 2004 Summer Olympics)
I am building a fire, and everyday I train, I add more fuel. At just
the right moment, I light the match.

Fanny Blankers-Koen (Dutch athlete, 1948 Summer Olympics)
All I've done is run fast. I don't see why people should make much
fuss about that.

Charles Barkley (American basket ball player)
Curling is not a sport. I called my grandmother and told her she could
win a gold medal because they have dusting in the Olympics now.

Cathy Freeman (Australian athlete, 2000 Summer Olympics)
I decided that I was going to go to the Olympics to see if I had made
the right decision to retire because I knew that if I'd made the
mistake of retiring I would know during and after those Games in
Athens.

Florence Griffith Joyner (American athlete, 1988 Summer Olympics)
When anyone tells me I can't do anything, I'm just not listening any
more.

Peggy Fleming (American figure skater, 1968 Winter Olympics)
The first thing is to love your sport. Never do it to please someone
else. It has to be yours.

Mark Spitz (American swimmer, 1972 Summer Olympics, on winning seven
gold medals Inspirational)
I swam my brains out.

Sebastian Coe (2-time winner at the Olympics, after losing the 800m
final in 1980)
To anyone who has started out on a long campaign believing that the
gold medal was destined for him, the feeling when, all of a sudden,
the medal has gone somewhere else is quite indescribable.

Sergei Bubka (Ukrainian pole vaulter, 1988 Summer Olympics)
The Olympics are always a special competition. It is very difficult to
predict what will happen.

Daley Thompson (British decathlete, 2-time winner at the Olympics):
When we stage the Olympics it will inspire kids all over the country.
A kid in Scotland or Ireland will be encouraged to take up sport.

Mitch Gaylord (American gymnast, 1984 Summer Olympics)
The greatest memory for me of the 1984 Olympics was not the individual
honours, but standing on the podium with my teammates to receive our
team gold medal.

Mary Lou Retton (American gymnast, 1984 Summer Olympics)
There can be distractions, but if you're isolated from the heart of
the Games, the Olympics become just another competition.

Pierre de Coubertin (founder of modern Olympic Games)
The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but
taking part; the essential thing in life is not conquering but
fighting well.

Cathy Freeman (Australian athlete, 2000 Summer Olympics)
The Athens Olympics will be meaningful even though I cannot
participate as an athlete, since I can participate in the flame relay
all over the world.

Scott Hamilton (American figure skater, 1984 Winter Olympics)
The Olympics in '80 was phenomenal. It was my favorite memory of all
competitive events, because it was brand new and it was exciting.

Jeff Fenech (Australian boxer, 1984 Summer Olympics)
An Olympic medal is the greatest achievement and honor that can be
received by an athlete. I would swap any World Title to have won gold
at the Olympics.

Bill Toomey (American decathlete, 1968 Summer Olympics)
The Olympics have been with the world since 776 B.C., and have only
been interrupted by war, especially in the modern era.

Dawn Fraser (Australian swimmer, 3-time winner at the Olympics)
The Olympics remain the most compelling search for excellence that
exists in sport, and maybe in life itself.

Mary Lou Retton (American gymnast, 1984 Summer Olympics)
For athletes, the Olympics are the ultimate test of their worth.

But my favourite has been Noureddine Morceli (Algerian athlete,). So
here are some special quotes by him and some by others about this
great athlete:

Noureddine Morceli (Algerian athlete, 1996 Summer Olympics, on
breaking records)
1. When I race my mind is full of doubts - who will finish second, who
will finish third?

3. Perhaps I don't give the impression that I'm hurting on the track.
But that is because I am animated by an interior force which covers my
suffering.

4. And then in life, you always have to try, and today, I may not have
succeeded, but I am happy to have tried to beat my record.

5. Noureddine Morceli , ( on the 1500m race)
My real motivation is to reach 3:25... I am still young; I have a lot
of time left in my career.

6. Noureddine Morceli (on the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona)
Barcelona is now in the past. I was sick and boxed in, and that's
understandable why I lost

7. I run to be known as the greatest runner, the greatest of all time.
I could not eat or sleep for a week after I lost in the (1992)
Olympics. I have to win or die.

8. Noureddine Morceli ( on the 3000m world record )
I think my 3:27 for 1500m is worth 7:21 for 3000m.

9. Noureddine Morceli (on his 2000m World record )
It was an extraterrestrial performance. It is very special to go below
4:50, but I believe I can do better.

10. I believe in God. He is the secret of my success. He gives people
talent

On Morceli

Peter Snell (New Zealand athlete, 3-time winner of Olympics)
I think I've seen the fastest miler ever. His name is Morceli.

Venuste Niyongabo (Burundi athlete, 1996 Summer Olympics)
As long as Morceli is in the race, it is always [a race for] second
place.

Eamonn Coghlan (Irish athlete, 3-time winner of Olympics)
Runners in the western world have a tendency to create psychological
barriers for themselves, but Morceli runs at will, with no
inhibitions.

Sports are not just about team spirit, competition, and winning the
cup. Sports are also about laughing and having fun. Watch sports
bloopers and you will realize how funny sports can really get. If you
enjoy light banter about sports, here are 2 funny sports quotes.

Emo Philips
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick
boxing.

Darrin Weinberg
Remember, it doesn't matter whether you win or lose; what matters is
whether I win or lose.

Parvamani

parvamani

Aug 23, 2008, 12:09:18 AM8/23/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
APHORISMS FOR THE ASPIRANTS

It is the meek that needs mounts of courage. A trapeze player does
not need a talisman.

Failure is the milestone that gives you the distance and the
direction.

Fear ceases to be a motivating force, when an escape route is
available.

What a leader needs is acceptability. If he is not accepted, he falls
flat.

Your weakest moment determines your strength of character.

Success sustains us. But mistakes make us.

Even distribution does not guarantee effective utilization. Time
Management eloquently demonstrates this.

Pedigree, at best, can provide only a platform for performance.

An optimist is always sure of himself. A pessimist is pestered with
doomsday dreams.

Power of Authority is ephemeral. Power of reasoning is eternal.

Allow your knowledge to be questioned. Else it would degenerate into
belief.

Discipline is good in the barracks. But what works in the battlefront
is strategy.

Performance should befit the man. A cross bat shot from a Kapil Dev
would be applauded for its might. But from a Gavaskar - Neville
Cardus would turn in his grave.

Yesterday’s excellence becomes today’s benchmark.

Pursuing of excellence means distancing from mediocrity.

What leads to disaster is ego in a team effort and fear in an
individual pursuit.

A team effort is like a motor vehicle in motion – synchronized
movement in a set direction.

To achieve results, have a clear goal and be conscious of your role.

At least be in the race, if not win the race.

HRD consists of carrying people and caring for them.

Always allow mistakes to be explained, as we get enlightened in the
process.

If you are unsure about destination, the journey becomes endless.

Urge to innovate comes from an inherent desire to change.
Dissatisfaction with the present gives rise to the desire to change.

parvamani

Aug 23, 2008, 12:12:37 AM8/23/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
What an imagination

CRICKET Vs VEDANTHAM
************ ********* ******

.

Prakrithi mandalam is considered the stadium.
Three gunas(sathva, rajas,thamas) are the sticks of the stump.
ahankAram and mamakAram are the two bails.
The punya pAvams represent the two umpires.
ParamAthma is the third umpire.
JivAthma is the batsman.
Acharyan is the coach.
11 indhriyangal are considered the 11 opponents.
AgyAna sukrutham is like extras(bys, overthrows, no balls)
aniyathAyusu (one who escapes the jaws of death at various stages of
his life-something like gantams) is the one who gets out in the no
ball.
Ulagiyal sapthAthivishyangal (worldly pleasures) is the ball.
SAsthras is the bat.
Bhandhukkal( relatives) are the runners.

Now, the game starts:
The batsman jivAthma with the help of his coach Acharyan, strikes the
worldly pleasures ball which is bowled in turns by the 11
indhriyangal, with the bat that represents sAsthras. When jivAthma is
supported by the bhandhukkal runner, he can play safely. But when the
bhandhukkal doesn't help him, he gets out. This represents that when
the jivAthma is accompanied with the good association he will be able
to win the kainkaryam which is considered the Cup in the Pavilion of
Paramapadam.
wbr.srinivasan
Forwarded

Tirumurti Vasudevan

Aug 23, 2008, 1:28:23 AM8/23/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
you are right there!
tv

parvamani

Aug 23, 2008, 12:09:04 PM8/23/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
FUNNY QUOTES --JUST A HUMOUR--

Whenever you find the key to success, someone changes the lock.
_____

To Err is human, but to forgive is not a COMPANY policy.
_____

The road to success??.. Is always under construction.
_____

Alcohol doesn't solve any problems, but if you think again, neither
does Milk.
_____

In order to get a Loan, you first need to prove that you have ability
to repay back.
_____

All the desirable things in life are either illegal, expensive or
fattening.
_____

Since Light travels faster than Sound, people appear brighter before
you hear them speak.
_____

Everyone has a scheme of getting rich?.. Which never works.
_____

If at first you don't succeed?. Destroy all evidence that you ever
tried.
_____

You can never determine which side of the bread to butter. If it falls
down, it will always land on the buttered side.
_____

Anything dropped on the floor will roll over to the most inaccessible
corner.
_____

42.7% of all statistics is made on the spot.
_____

As soon as you mention something?? If it is good, it is taken?. If it
is bad, it happens.
_____

He who has the gold, makes the rules ---- Murphy's golden rule.
_____

If you come early, the bus is late. If you come late?? The bus is
still late.
_____

Once you have bought something, you will find the same item being sold
somewhere else at a cheaper rate.
_____

When in a queue, the other line always moves faster and the person in
front of you will always have the most complex of transactions.
_____

If you have paper, you don't have a pen. If you have a pen, you don't
have paper. If you have both, no one calls.
_____

Especially for engg. Students : If you have bunked the class, the
professor has taken attendance.
_____

You will pick up maximum wrong numbers when on roaming.
_____

The door bell or your mobile will always ring when you are in the
bathroom.
_____

After a long wait for bus no.20, two 20 number buses will always pull
in together and the bus which you get in will be crowded than the
other.
_____

If your exam is tomorrow, there will be a power cut tonight.
_____

Irrespective of the direction of the wind, the smoke from the
cigarette will always tend to go to the non-smoker
_____

Before borrowing money from a friend, decide whether you need more.
_____

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the
right side.
_____

An expert is someone who takes a subject you understand and makes it
sound confusing.
_____

Many things can be preserved in alcohol. Dignity is not one of them.
_____

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.
_____

When you're right, no one remembers. When you're wrong, no one
forgets.
_____

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone
else.
_____

Well done is better than well said .
_____

Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make them when nobody is
looking.
_____

Where there is a WILL, there is a WAY, Where there is MONEY, there are
many WAYS.
_____

Where there is MONEY, there are many FRIENDS and RELATIVES.
_____

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.

PARVAMANI

On Jul 9, 5:19 pm, "விஸ்வநாதன் பாலசுப்ரமணியன்"

AKR

Aug 24, 2008, 2:49:11 AM8/24/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
http://ww.smashits.com/player/flash/flashplayer.cfm?SongIds=31451

parvamani

Sep 26, 2008, 9:04:40 PM9/26/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
What are the Nine Kinds of Nectar a Householder should have?
In the Skanda Purana, it is said that a householder should always have
nine kinds of nectar in his house. This makes his life happy, while
possession of this divine wealth costs nothing.

1. The first thing - you should speak in a pleasant and delightful
manner to anybody who comes to your house.

2. Secondly, look at him gently and kindly. Howsoever wicked and cruel
he may be, he has come to your house as a guest, and in that, he is
like a god,and hence, worthy of adoration. If you see divinity in the
guest, your own divinity will be awakened.

3. Thirdly, treat him amiably and congenially, with your countenance
reflecting friendship and goodwill.

4. The fourth thing is that your heart should be full of love and
tenderness.

5. Fifthly, stand up and welcome him respectfully. Even if he is your
sworn enemy, and loses no opportunity to insult you, your standing up
to welcome him will soften him considerably. Instead if you chose to
insult him by making a snide remark, and he returns home insulted, you
have paved the way for being insulted even more venomously.

6. The sixth thing - say a few sweet words to welcome your guest, and
offer a glass of water with something to eat.

7. The seventh thing is to have a friendly conversation with him
making affectionate enquiries like, "You have been very kind to pay me
a visit; tell me What I can do for you." etc.

8. The eighth thing is - sit with him for some time.

9. The ninth thing is that you should see him off by walking a few
steps with him.

Whether the visitor is superior or inferior to you in any respect,
bringing these nine nectars into practice will elevate you. Even the
other person will leave with more respect for you in his heart.

On the other hand, if you make an ostentatious display of your wealth
or furniture etc. or try to impress him with your social status, he
may be impressed by your wealth and power for a while, but he will not
return home being a friend of yours. He will have only negative and
malicious thoughts for you. Never commit the folly of trying to
impress others with your wealth. It is not good to try to establish
your superiority by boasting about yourself.

vishalam raman

Sep 27, 2008, 5:28:27 AM9/27/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
Dear parvamani  excellent tips ,,,, the real sutra is love  if this is present everything is possible ,,,,,,with love vishalam

விஸ்வநாதன் பாலசுப்ரமணியன்

Oct 10, 2008, 2:21:15 PM10/10/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
Oct 10, 2008, 2:20:06 PM10/10/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
திரு. நீலகண்டன் மற்றும் சகோதரி ஜெயஸ்ரீ:

இயன்றவரையில், உங்கள் ஆங்கில மடல்கள்/பதில்களை இந்த இழையில் இடவும்.

நன்றி.

- விஸ்வநாதன்

கவனிக்க: சகோதரி ஜெயஸ்ரீ அவர்களின் நல்ல பதில் ஒன்று கீழே.

Oct 11, 2008, 11:47:45 PM10/11/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Oct 12, 2008, 7:39:09 AM10/12/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
A MORAL

A young couple moves into a new neighborhood. The next morning, while
they are eating breakfast, the young woman sees her neighbor hang the
wash outside.

That laundry is not very clean, she said, she doesn't know how to
wash correctly. Perhaps she needs better laundry soap.

Her husband looked on, but remained silent. Every time her neighbor
would hang her wash to dry, the young woman would make the same
comments.

About one month later, the woman was surprised to see a nice clean
wash on the line and said to her husband: "Look! She has learned how
to wash correctly. I wonder who taught her this."

The husband said: "I got up early this morning and cleaned our
windows!"

And so it is with life: "What we see when watching others depends on
the purity of the window through which we look. Before we give any
criticism, it might be a good idea to check our state of mind and ask
ourselves if we are ready to see the good rather than to be looking
for something in the person we are about to judge. "

Parvamani

விஸ்வநாதன்

Oct 12, 2008, 11:26:53 AM10/12/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
The moral of the story is EXCELLENT.

Two quotes in relation to this:
1)
The others are part of yourself; you need not worry about them. Worry
about yourself; that is enough. When you become all right, they too
will be all right. For, you will no longer be aware of them as
separate from you. Criticizing others, finding fault with them - all
this, comes out of egoism. Search for your own faults instead. The
faults you see in others are reflections of your own personality
traits. Pay no heed to little worries, attach your mind to the Lord.
Then, you will be led on the company of good men and your talents will
be transmuted.

2)
You must be wary of one impurity - intolerance of another's success,
prosperity or progress. If you cannot help another, at least avoid
doing him harm or causing him pain. That itself is a great service.
What right have you to find fault with another or to talk evil of
another? When you say that nothing can ever happen on earth without
His will, why get annoyed or angry? Your duty is to cleanse yourself
and engage in your own inner purification. That endeavor will bring
you the co-operation of all good men and you will find strength and
joy welling up within you.

- Viswanathan

A MORAL
----------------
> A young couple moves into a new neighborhood. The next morning, while
> they are eating breakfast, the young woman sees her neighbor hang the
> wash outside.
>
> That laundry is not very clean, she said, she doesn't know how to
> wash correctly. Perhaps she needs better laundry soap.
... ... ...
... ...
.. ..

விஸ்வநாதன்

Oct 12, 2008, 11:29:02 AM10/12/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
// 1. There is one word in the English language that is always
pronounced incorrectly. What is it? //

:) Too good.............

... .. ..
.. ..

Geetha Sambasivam

Oct 15, 2008, 3:30:24 AM10/15/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
//The husband said: "I got up early this morning and cleaned our
windows!"//

துரியோதனன் பார்வைங்கறது இது தானோ? :)))))))

parvamani

Oct 18, 2008, 1:17:15 AM10/18/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Forwarded

Parvamani

The ancient Mantras that heal
ॐ भूर्भुवस्वः ।
तत् सवितुर्वरेण्यं ।
भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि ।
धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात् ॥

The Gayatri Mantra is the most revered mantra in Hinduism. It consists
of the prefix :oṃ bhūr bhuvaḥ svaḥ ॐ भूर्भुवस्वः, a formula taken from
the Yajurveda, and the verse 3.62.10 of the Rigveda (which is an
example of the Gayatri meter). Since all the other three Vedas contain
much material rearranged from the Rig Veda, the Gayatri mantra is
found in all the four Vedas. The deva invoked in this mantra is
Savitar, and hence the mantra is also called Sāvitrī.

Ever wondered what is the significance or importance of Mantra. or the
sacred ancient vedic hymns?? Were they like 'keys' that would unlock
the sacred pathway leading to a world beyond the unseen? Lets try to
get some answers using scientific and ancient wisdom -

There are all kinds of frequencies and vibrations all around us. There
are frequencies we see (such as light waves), hear (sound waves), or
feel, and others that are beyond our ability to sense, such as gamma
rays, infrared, or radio and television frequencies. In fact, the
ancient Vedic texts of India explain, in summary, that this whole
universe is the production or manifestation from particular vibrations
that cause a change from the spiritual energy into the material
energy. And all these frequencies effect us in many ways. For example,
we may hear music that can be soothing and peaceful, or that is
abrasive and irritating. Or there may be frequencies that we have to
deal with on a more regular basis, like the noise we hear when working
in a factory, or the sounds of downtown traffic.

Walk through a factory. The noise and vibrational level of the
frequencies that you hear and feel are not attractive. In fact, they
may be damaging to your hearing and necessitate the need for wearing
ear plugs. Being around that kind of noise, which are lower vibrations
of themselves, can make you restless or agitated in due time, tend to
pull your consciousness down in a way that makes you think in very
basic terms. They can make your mind become absorbed in the lower
modes of thinking, like simply desiring to satisfy your senses,
wanting to go to the bar after work to drown your thoughts, or
thinking of whatever will give you the easiest thrill. In other words,
exposure to low vibrations tends to produce low consciousness simply
by your exposure to them. Let's explain this a little more..

The science of vibrations and frequencies and how they effect people
is something that has been around for thousands of years. We can still
find evidence of this in the ancient Vedic texts of India. These
explain not only the results of using the frequencies of words and
mantras, but also supply instructions in some cases. The sages of
ancient India used it to produce various results in the rituals they
performed, and from the mantras they would recite. If the mantras were
recited in particular ways, certain amazing results would take place,
including changing the weather, producing certain types of living
beings, or even palaces. Others used it to produce weapons, like the
brahmashtra weapon, which was equal to the modern nuclear bombs.
Specific mantras could be attached to arrows, with the sound causing
powerful explosions when the arrow reached its target. Others used the
science of vibrations to bring their consciousness to higher levels of
perception, or to enter spiritual reality.

We can see the results of exposure to certain frequencies in other
ways as well. Even now there has been research that has provided
discoveries on the use of frequencies. They have worked with plants,
exposing them to various kinds of music. Plants would thrive when
exposed to classical music, while they would languish or wither when
around heavy rock music. However, considering the nature of the mostly
unenlightened society in which we live, some of these discoveries have
not been for the benefit of the world and are quite scary to think of
the results that may happen.

There has been proved to be a psycho-physiological sensitivity in
animals and humans to magnetic and electrical fields in extremely low
frequencies (ELF) corresponding to brain waves. These ELF, which can
penetrate anything, have made it possible for the military to have a
world-wide communication system with its submarines, which can be
situated in any part of the world.

Man is a bio-cosmic transducer, a transmitter and receiver as well,
and that somehow our brain waves can lock on and modulate with the
earth's electromagnetic field, the Universal Magnetic Field (UMF), as
Tesla called it. Research has shown that altering these electro
magnetic fields can influence the brain waves of cats and monkeys.
Humans are also affected.

Anything above eleven hertz produces a general range of agitation and
discontent. High voltage power lines throw off 50 to 60 hertz, and
there's been concern about what they can do to people who live near
them. Some feel that such lines, or even the use of such items as
electric blankets, can cause cancer because of the unnatural magnetic
field to which the body is exposed. Researchers have concluded that
humans are electrical people. For example, our hearts can start or
stop due to appropriate electrical impulses. The use of pacemakers is
an example of helping maintain a steady heartbeat. Thus, electro
magnetic radiation could be the most harmful pollutant in our society.
There is strong evidence that cancer and other diseases can be
triggered by electromagnetic waves.

There are machines that use frequencies for beneficial use. There is a
medical device called a Multiple Wave Oscillator, first developed by a
French researcher and improved by solid state electronics. It used a
miniature Tesla system consisting of two copper coils. When activated,
a magnetic field is generated between the two coils and the
frequencies can be adjusted for the electricity that flowed from one
coil to the other.. The result is multiple waves of inherently good
frequencies to help heal various parts of the body. Sore knees or torn
muscles can be placed inside the magnetic fields for a few minutes at
a time, helping it to heal much faster than with conventional methods.

Researchers have found that frequencies under seven hertz create a
general feeling of relaxation and well being, known as the alpha
state. The most beneficial frequency on earth is said to be the 6.8
hertz frequency. Interestingly, the Pyramid at Giza has a constant
frequency of 6.8 hertz running through it. Although researchers have
studied it, they don't know where it comes from or why in such an
ancient structure. The Nadha Brahmam "Ohm" or "ॐ" or in Modern
terminology Schumman resonance has a close significance Aum
corresponds to the strongest of the schuman resonance among all other
bio magnetic fields. We can relate the seven different chakras in body
to these sounds and also with Schumann Resonances of earth, ie, 7.83,
14, 20, 26, 33, 39 and 45 Hertz of earth. We all know 7.83 hz being
the strongest of all.

ॐ - 7.83Hz
Gam - 14hz
Hleem - 20Hz
Hreem - 26Hz
Kleem - 33Hz
Krowm - 39Hz
Sreem - 45Hz

This points to the idea that the ancients knew the importance of
frequencies and how to use them in order to provide an atmosphere for
attaining a peaceful state of mind for entering higher states of
consciousness and perception of spiritual reality. The use of yoga has
utilized this principle for as long as it had been known--many
hundreds of years. Concentrating on the steady breathing, as in hatha-
yoga, is a means of leveling and harmonizing the electrical impulses
of the body and the beating of the heart. Invoking the alpha state by
a natural means allows one to also reach a vibrational state in which
the consciousness can enter higher levels of being and perception. The
body is not only conducting the more balanced frequencies, but it
begins to generate them as well. It is as if the body and mind are
creating its own atmosphere in which it can further its more spiritual
development, with or without the proper atmosphere around it. Building
structures, like the pyramids and pyramid-like temples, which are
common in such places as India and Central America, may provide the
assistance for doing that, along with the physical exercises of yoga
and the use of prayers, mantras, or rituals. By implementing such
things on a regular basis in one's life, it would increase one's
peaceful existence, bring about a higher state of consciousness, and
insights into a level of reality beyond ordinary sense perception. In
other words, it would naturally take one closer to the Truth of our
existence. It would, as Tesla was hoping, bring the peace that would
come from a natural consequence of universal enlightenment

A key point in this regard is the ancient use of mantras, as already
mentioned earlier. Not only could certain results be attained by the
proper use of vibrations in sounds, but even today the use of
particular mantras are known for calming the mind, lowering blood
pressure, relieving one from unnecessary anxieties by changing one's
focus in life, and so on. It is also understood that certain mantras
and prayers, such as the chanting of the spiritual names of God, bring
to one the transcendental vibration of the spiritual world from where
it comes. This means it is like a conductor, bringing the spiritual
energy and frequencies that come from the transcendental strata.

Thus, by absorbing one's consciousness in the sound vibration of these
names of God, it will do several things, such as alter and improve the
electrical impulses that are generated by the body, and help defend
oneself from the negative impulses that one may encounter. In this
way, it helps create a peaceful attitude within the individual and a
healthier disposition. It also prepares one's consciousness for
perceiving higher levels of reality, opens one up to the spiritual
world, gradually reveals one's true spiritual identity, which would
also allow one to see the unity between all people. It also harmonizes
one's existence with nature, and even begins to rekindle one's real
relationship with the Supreme Soul, God. Once the higher vibration of
the spiritual realm is invoked on a regular basis in this way, and is
opened for its use among the people in general, the chances for world
change become enormous.

Naturally, this may not happen immediately. One needs to be able to
concentrate on those spiritual sounds appropriately.. This means to
rid oneself of the clutter in one's mind. Only by purely focusing on
the sound of the holy names can one truly feel its power, and open its
potential. This is why there is a need for living a simple and honest
life, and developing sincerity and devotion. It makes such a
difference in being able to focus on the chanting of these spiritual
prayers and mantras with feeling. Then one gives up that clutter which
gets in the way of truly hearing the sounds and allows them to have a
deep affect on one's life. That is when the deep changes and insights
can begin to take place. When the general masses of people begin to
participate in this process, that is when the collective vibrations
around the world can begin to bring social changes that will help lead
all people to a higher and more peaceful state of being. The general
frequencies that we generate and receive will then naturally be of a
harmonious and spiritual nature.

On Oct 12, 4:39 pm, parvamani <parvam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A MORAL

vishalam raman

Oct 18, 2008, 5:56:21 AM10/18/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
dear parvamani   very useful  one but one should chant this  after learning properly  with proper tone ,,,,,with love  vishalam

parvamani

Oct 21, 2008, 1:20:31 AM10/21/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Forworded

Parvamani

The art on flying in ancient India
Many researchers into the UFO enigma tend to overlook a very important
fact. While it assumed that most flying saucers are of alien, or
perhaps Governmental Military origin, another possible origin of UFOs
is ancient India and Atlantis.

What we know about ancient Indian flying vehicles comes from ancient
Indian sources; written texts that have come down to us through the
centuries. There is no doubt that most of these texts are authentic;
many are the well known ancient Indian Epics themselves, and there are
literally hundreds of them. Most of them have not even been translated
into English yet from the old Sanskrit.

The Indian Emperor Ashoka started a "Secret Society of the Nine
Unknown Men": great Indian scientists who were supposed to catalogue
the many sciences. Ashoka kept their work secret because he was afraid
that the advanced science catalogued by these men, culled from ancient
Indian sources, would be used for the evil purpose of war, which
Ashoka was strongly against, having been converted to Buddhism after
defeating a rival army in a bloody battle.

The "Nine Unknown Men" wrote a total of nine books, presumably one
each. Book number was "The Secrets of Gravitation!" This book, known
to historians, but not actually seen by them dealt chiefly with
"gravity control." It is presumably still around somewhere, kept in a
secret library in India, Tibet or elsewhere (perhaps even in North
America somewhere). One can certainly understand Ashoka's reasoning
for wanting to keep such knowledge a secret, assuming it exists. if
the Nazis had such weapons at their disposal during World War Ii.
Ashoka was also aware devastating wars using such advanced vehicles
and other "futuristic weapons" that had destroyed the ancient Indian
"Rama Empire" several thousand years before.

Only a few years ago, the Chinese discovered some Sanskrit documents
in Lhasa, Tibet and sent them to the University of Chandrigarh to be
translated. Dr. Ruth Reyna of the University said recently that the
documents contain directions for building interstellar spaceships!

Their method of propulsion, she said, was "anti-gravitational" and was
based upon a system analogous to that of "laghima," the unknown power
of the ego existing in man's physiological makeup, "a centrifugal
force strong enough to counteract all gravitational pull." According
to Hindu Yogis, it is this "laghima" which enables a person to
levitate.

Dr. Reyna said that on board these machines, which were called
"Astras" by the text, the ancient Indians could have sent a detachment
of men onto any planet, according to the document, which is thought to
be thousands of years old. The manuscripts were also said to reveal
the secret of "antima"; "the cap of invisibility" and "garima"; "how
to become as heavy as a mountain of lead."

Naturally, Indian scientists did not take the texts very seriously,
but then became more positive about the value of them when the Chinese
announced that they were including certain parts of the data for study
in their space program! This was one of the first instances of a
government admitting to be researching anti-gravity.

The manuscripts did not say definitely that interplanetary travel was
ever made but did mention, of all things, a planned trip to the Moon,
though it is not clear whether this trip was actually carried out.
However, one of the great Indian epics, the Ramayana, does have a
highly detailed story in it of a trip to the moon in a Vimana (or
"Astra"), and in fact details a battle on the moon with an "Asvin" (or
Atlantean" airship.

This is but a small bit of recent evidence of anti-gravity and
aerospace technology used by Indians. To really understand the
technology, we must go much further back in time.

The so-called "Rama Empire" of Northern India and Pakistan developed
at least fifteen thousand years ago on the Indian sub-continent and
was a nation of many large, sophisticated cities, many of which are
still to be found in the deserts of Pakistan, northern, and western
India. Rama existed, apparently, parallel to the Atlantean
civilization in the mid-Atlantic Ocean, and was ruled by "enlightened
Priest-Kings" who governed the cities, The seven greatest capital
cities of Rama were known in classical Hindu texts as "The Seven Rishi
Cities."

According to ancient Indian texts, the people had flying machines
which were called "Vimanas." The ancient Indian epic describes a
Vimana as a double-deck, circular aircraft with portholes and a dome,
much as we would imagine a flying saucer.

It flew with the "speed of the wind" and gave forth a "melodious
sound." There were at least four different types of Vimanas; some
saucer shaped, others like long cylinders ("cigar shaped airships").
The ancient Indian texts on Vimanas are so numerous, it would take
volumes to relate what they had to say. The ancient Indians, who
manufactured these ships themselves, wrote entire flight manuals on
the control of the various types of Vimanas, many of which are still
in existence, and some have even been translated into English.

The Samara Sutradhara is a scientific treatise dealing with every
possible angle of air travel in a Vimana. There are 230 stanzas
dealing with the construction, take-off, cruising for thousand of
miles, normal and forced landings, and even possible collisions with
birds. In 1875, the Vaimanika Sastra, a fourth century B.C. text
written by Bharadvajy the Wise, using even older texts as his source,
was rediscovered in a temple in India. It dealt with the operation of
Vimanas and included information on the steering, precautions for long
flights, protection of the airships from storms and lightening and how
to switch the drive to "solar energy" from a free energy source which
sounds like "anti-gravity."

The Vaimanika Sastra (or Vymaanika-Shaastra) has eight chapters with
diagrams, describing three types of aircraft, including apparatuses
that could neither catch on fire nor break. It also mentions 31
essential parts of these vehicles and 16 materials from which they are
constructed, which absorb light and heat; for which reason they were
considered suitable for the construction of Vimanas. This document has
been translated into English and is available by writing the
publisher: VYMAANIDASHAASTRA AERONAUTICS by Maharishi Bharadwaaja,
translated into English and edited, printed and published by Mr. G. R.
Josyer, Mysore, India, 1979 (sorry, no street address). Mr. Josyer is
the director of the International Academy of Sanskrit Investigation
located in Mysore.

For picture visit A Tribute to Hinduism - Vimanas

There seems to be no doubt that Vimanas were powered by some sort of
"anti-gravity." Vimanas took off vertically, and were capable of
hovering in the sky, like a modern helicopter or dirigible. Bharadvajy
the Wise refers to no less than 70 authorities and 10 experts of air
travel in antiquity. These sources are now lost.

Vimanas were kept in a Vimana Griha, a kind of hanger, and were
sometimes said to be propelled by a yellowish-white liquid, and
sometimes by some sort of mercury compound, though writers seem
confused in this matter. It is most likely that the later writers on
Vimanas, wrote as observers and from earlier texts, and were
understandably confused on the principle of their propulsion. The
"yellowish-white liquid" sounds suspiciously like gasoline, and
perhaps Vimanas had a number of different propulsion sources,
including combustion engines and even "pulse-jet" engines. It is
interesting to note, that the Nazis developed the first practical
pulse-jet engines for their V-8 rocket "buzz bombs." Hitler and the
Nazi staff were exceptionally interested in ancient India and Tibet
and sent expeditions to both these places yearly, starting in the
30's, in order to gather esoteric evidence that they did so, and
perhaps it was from these people that the Nazis gained some of their
scientific information!

According to the Dronaparva, part of the Mahabarata, and the Ramayana,
one Vimana described was shaped like a sphere and born along at great
speed on a mighty wind generated by mercury. It moved like a UFO,
going up, down, backwards and forewards as the pilot desired. In
another Indian source, the Samar, Vimanas were "iron machines, well-
knit and smooth, with a charge of mercury that shot out of the back in
the form of a roaring flame." Another work called the
Samaranganasutradhara describes how the vehicles were constructed. It
is possible that mercury did have something to do with the propulsion,
or more possibly, with the guidance system. Curiously, Soviet
scientists have discovered what they call "age-old instruments used in
navigating cosmic vehicles" in caves in Turkestan and the Gobi Desert.
The "devices" are hemispherical objects of glass or porcelain, ending
in a cone with a drop of mercury inside.

It is evident that ancient Indians flew around in these vehicles, all
over Asia, to Atlantis presumably; and even, apparently, to South
America. Writing found at Mohenjodaro in Pakistan (presumed to be one
of the "Seven Rishi Cities of the Rama Empire") and still
undeciphered, has also been found in one other place in the world:
Easter Island! Writing on Easter Island, called Rongo-Rongo writing,
is also undeciphered, and is uncannily similar to the Mohenjodaro
script. Was Easter Island an air base for the Rama Empire's Vimana
route? (At the Mohenjo-Daro Vimana-drome, as the passenger walks down
the concourse, he hears the sweet, melodic sound of the announcer over
the loudspeaker,

"Rama Airways flight number seven for Bali, Easter Island, Nazca, and
Atlantis is now ready for boarding. Passengers please proceed to gate
number..") in Tibet, no small distance, and speaks of the "fiery
chariot" thusly: "Bhima flew along in his car, resplendent as the sun
and loud as thunder... The flying chariot shone like a flame in the
night sky of summer ... it swept by like a comet... It was as if two
suns were shining. Then the chariot rose up and all the heaven
brightened."

In the Mahavira of Bhavabhuti, a Jain text of the eighth century
culled from older texts and traditions, we read:

"An aerial chariot, the Pushpaka, conveys many people to the capital
of Ayodhya. The sky is full of stupendous flying-machines, dark as
night, but picked out by lights with a yellowish glare"

The Vedas, ancient Hindu poems, thought to be the oldest of all the
Indian texts, describe Vimanas of various shapes and sizes: the
"ahnihotra-vimana" with two engines, the "elephant-vimana" with more
engines, and other types named after the kingfisher, ibis and other
animals.

Unfortunately, Vimanas, like most scientific discoveries, were
ultimately used for war. Atlanteans used their flying machines,
"Vailixi," a similar type of aircraft, to literally try and subjugate
the world, it would seem, if Indian texts are to be believed. The
Atlanteans, known as "Asvins" in the Indian writings, were apparently
even more advanced technologically than the Indians, and certainly of
a more war-like temperment. Although no ancient texts on Atlantean
Vailixi are known to exist, some information has come down through
esoteric, "occult" sources which describe their flying machines.
Similar, if not identical to Vimanas, Vailixi were generally "cigar
shaped" and had the capability of maneuvering underwater as well as in
the atmosphere or even outer space. Other vehicles, like Vimanas, were
saucer shaped, and could apparently also be submerged.

According to Eklal Kueshana, author of "The Ultimate Frontier," in an
article he wrote in 1966, Vailixi were first developed in Atlantis
20,000 years ago, and the most common ones are "saucer-shaped of
generally trapezoidal cross-section with three hemispherical engine
pods on the underside." "They use a mechanical antigravity device
driven by engines developing approximately 80,000 horse power."

The Ramayana, Mahabarata and other texts speak of the hideous war that
took place, some ten or twelve thousand years ago between Atlantis and
Rama using weapons of destruction that could not be imagined by
readers until the second half of this century.

The ancient Mahabharata, one of the sources on Vimanas, goes on to
tell the awesome destructiveness of the war:

"...(the weapon was) a single projectile
charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns rose in all its splendor...

An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis
And the Andhakas.

... the corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognizable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.

... After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
... to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment..."

It would seem that the Mahabharata is describing an atomic war!
References like this one are not isolated; but battles, using a
fantastic array of weapons and aerial vehicles are common in all the
epic Indian books. One even describes a Vimana-Vailix battle on the
Moon! The above section very accurately describes what an atomic
explosion would look like and the effects of the radioactivity on the
population. Jumping into water is the only respite.

When the Rishi City of Mohenjodaro was excavated by archeologists in
the last century, they found skeletons just lying in the streets, some
of them holding hands, as if some great doom had suddenly overtaken
them. These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on a
par with those found at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Ancient cities whose
brick and stone walls have literally been vitrified, that is-fused
together, can be found in India, Ireland, Scotland, France, Turkey and
other places. There is no logical explanation for the vitrification of
stone forts and cities, except from an atomic blast. Furthermore, at
Mohenjo-Daro, a well planned city laid on a grid, with a plumbing
system superior to those used in Pakistan and India today, the streets
were littered with "black lumps of glass." These globs of glass were
discovered to be clay pots that had melted under intense heat!

With the cataclysmic sinking of Atlantis and the wiping out of Rama
with atomic weapons, the world collapsed into a "stone age" of sorts,
and modern history picks up a few thousand years later. Yet, it would
seem that not all the Vimanas and Vailixi of Rama and Atlantis were
gone. Built to last for thousands of of years, many of them would
still be in use, as evidenced by Ashoka's "Nine Unknown Men" and the
Lhasa manuscript.

That secret societies or "Brotherhoods" of exceptional, "enlightened"
human beings would have preserved these inventions and the knowledge
of science, history, etc., does not seem surprising. Many well known
historical personages including Jesus, Buddha, Lao Tzu, Confucius,
Krishna, Zoroaster, Mahavira, Quetzalcoatl, Akhenaton, Moses, and more
recent inventors and of course many other people who will probably
remain anonymous, were probably members of such a secret organization.

It is interesting to note that when Alexander the Great invaded India
more than two thousand years ago, his historians chronicled that at
one point they were attacked by "flying, fiery shields" that dove at
his army and frightened the cavalry. These "flying saucers" did not
use any atomic bombs or beam weapons on Alexander's army however,
perhaps out of benevolence, and Alexander went on to conquer India.

It has been suggested by many writers that these "Brotherhoods" keep
some of their Vimanas and Vailixi in secret caverns in Tibet or some
other place is Central Asia, and the Lop Nor Desert in western China
is known to be the center of a great UFO mystery. Perhaps it is here
that many of the airships are still kept, in underground bases much as
the Americans, British and Soviets have built around the world in the
past few decades.

Still, not all UFO activity can be accounted for by old Vimanas making
trips to the Moon for some reason. Undoubtedly, some are from the
Military Governments of the world, and possibly even from other
planets. Of course, many UFO sightings are "swamp, gas, clouds,
hoaxes, and hallucinations, while there is considerable evidence that
many UFO sightings, especially "kidnappings" and the like, are the
result of what is generally called "telepathic hypnosis." One common
thread that often runs between "Alien kidnappings," "sex with aliens,"
and other "close encounters of a third kind" is a buzzing in the ears
just before the encounter. According to many well informed people,
this is a sure sign of telepathic hypnosis."

Geetha Sambasivam

Oct 21, 2008, 4:13:22 AM10/21/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
very wonderful and amazing!! Thank You for sharing.

rvis...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2008, 12:23:30 PM10/21/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Light ur chakras

Oh gentleman ! what r u doing?
Oh i see ! enjoying celebration !
Oh ! ur house is full of lights ,glowing !
Oh/1 ur heart is jumping with joy !
Oh ur "vishnuchakras are marvelous !
Oh: ur dress too ,very fabulous !
But my dear friend ,what about ur own chakras 1
Arent they in the dark !
In the darkness of ignorance.
In the darkness of egoism .
In the darkness of hatred
Oh gentleman wake up.
Who is going to light ur heart ?
Its a high time to realize the inner light
ever shining steadily in the chamber of ur heart ,
Common make ur chakras bright ,
Illuminate ur chakras bright ,
That's the celebration of deepavali in height ,
Donate liberally to destitudes
Who will see u with gratitude
Light their houses with love and kindness
The god will shower his blessings with fondness ,,,

WISH U ALL A VERY HAPPY DEEPAVALI

WITH LOVE VISHALAM

,

On Oct 21, 1:13 pm, "Geetha Sambasivam" <geethasmbs...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> very wonderful and amazing!! Thank You for sharing.

> read more »

விஸ்வநாதன் பாலசுப்ரமணியன்

Oct 24, 2008, 3:08:36 AM10/24/08
to il...@googlegroups.com

Development of Humility

Bhagavan Mahavira said, "Become victorious over ego by humility." Bhagavan Mahavira was asked, " What do we achieve by practicing humility?" Bhagavan Mahavira said, "With humility, our inner feelings become puified and courteous inner feelings eradicates eight different types of ego."

The following is a brief description of the eight types of ego:
  1. Pride of Knowledge: One may acquire multifaceted and vast knowledge as a result of studying scriptures, constant discussion with other aspirants (Svadhyaya or satsanga), and the laborious practice of meditation. If one prides him/herself on this learning and looks upon others as inferior, this is known as the pride of knowledge.
  2. Pride of Worship: When several types of human and super-human virtues become manifest within oneself, when one's fame spreads all over the world, and when one wins regard, honor and worship from leaders, wealthy people, great ascetics, and scholars, and he/she looks at own-self as high and great in egotism, then this is known as the pride of worship.
  3. Pride of Family: Suppose one's relatives had been honored with high government position, high position in some profession, high spiritual position, or a noble prize and so on. If this individual boasts of own greatness due to this, then it is known as the pride of the family.
  4. Pride of Race: Suppose one's ancestors are of a high and noble family, or from some other respectable race and so on. If this individual boasts of own greatness due to this, then it is known as the pride of the race.
  5. Pride of Power: One might be in the full bloom of youth and endowed with unique physical power, one might have cultivated grand eloquence that pleases and makes thousands amazed, one might have a sweet resounding voice, one might be blessed with the willpower by which one can stick to one's activity till one is victorious. If one becomes arrogant due to one or more of these, then this is known as the pride of power.
  6. Pride of Excellent Attainment: When a person attains a super human achievement like far seeing, far hearing, flying in the sky, in a particular sport, walking on the water and so on, through self control or other means and if one becomes proud of these, then it is called the pride of excellent attainments.
  7. Pride of Austerity: While practicing various types of penance such as fasting, reciting prayers, meditation, svadhyaya and abandonment of taste (Rasa), if one starts feeling that he/she is an unequal Tapasvi and experiences a sense of loftiness in his/her heart, it is pride of austerity.
  8. Pride of Body: When various parts of the body such as the eyes, ears, nose, chin, chest and so on are quite handsome or beautiful and well-proportionate, and the elegance of the body is eye catching, if with this beauty of the body, one becomes proud, then this is the pride of the body.

This eightfold pride disturbs the social, intellectual and spiritual progress of the aspirant. One should therefore know fully this eightfold pride, abandon it in daily routine of life and resort to humility. If this is done, humility as a virtue will reveal itself in a short time. Humility is the ladder of true philosophical thinking and happy life.

Love and Rgds

Humbly yours
B. Viswanathan (www.azhagi.com)

விஸ்வநாதன் பாலசுப்ரமணியன்

Oct 24, 2008, 3:09:46 AM10/24/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
"What I have forbidden to you, avoid; what I have ordered you [to do], do as much of it as you can. It was only their excessive questioning and their disagreeing with their Prophets that destroyed those who were before you."

- Holy Prophet Muhammad

B.Viswanathan (http://azhagi.com)

Viswanathan (a z h a g i)

Oct 24, 2008, 4:25:28 AM10/24/08
to illam Google Groups

Philosophical import of the puranic story related to Deepaavali

Oct 24, 2008, 4:30:18 AM10/24/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
அருமையான கட்டுரை ஐயா, மிக்க நன்றி. உள்ளார்ந்த கருத்துக்களை மட்டுமே எடுத்துக்க வேண்டும் என்றாலும் எல்லாருக்கும் இது புரியறதில்லை என்பதை நினைச்சால் வருத்தமாவும் இருக்கு. நல்ல சமயம் வந்திருக்கும் நல்ல கட்டுரை!
நன்றி.

parvamani

Oct 24, 2008, 2:16:32 PM10/24/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Achamanam means partaking of a small quantity of water. The health
experts of our times have come to a conclusion that taking large
quantities of water at any time is harmful. They advice only sipping
small quantities. But ours is a land of yogis who knew the anatomy and
physiology of humans both physically and by intuition ( gnana
drushti). They devised an ideal way of a treatment of the body with
the infusion of a small quantity of water ( about 1 ml) repeatedly
which created such a healthy effect.

During an achamanam, we usually take three intakes. Each time saying
one name of the Lord in this order; Achyutaya nama: Anantaya nama:
Govindaya nama:. The water is poured into the palm by a small spoon of
1 ml capacity and then poured into the mouth by the hand. This
repeated after each mantra. This is followed by touching various parts
of our body by our different fingers .There are two acamanams in the
beginning, two in the middle and one in the end of one Sandhyavandanam
routine. Totally, fifteen small intakes take place during this.

Now, we will look at the health benefits. There is a vidhi (rule) in
Achamanam that the water should not be sucked from the palm. The water
from a panch patra ( a tumbler like container which is wide at the top
and bottom of approx 100 ml capacity of Silver or Copper) is
transferred to the right palm by means of a Uddharni (spoon) of 1 ml
capacity. The right palm is now lifted steadily without spilling and
keeping the anterior end (wrist end) touching the lips and raising the
neck and tilting the palm so that the WATER FLOWS INTO THE MOUTH BY
GRAVITY. No sucking. We feel that the water is trickling down the food
pipe but the water is of such a small quantity that we do not feel the
trickling below the heart region. This, the Rishis call as ‘going into
the heart’. Some acharyas say that this water directly mingles with
the blood.

The immediate effect is a lowering of the temperature, or rather
‘heat’ of the body. Though allopathy still does not accept the ‘heat’
of the body as a parameter of health , (due to lack of research), we
know it ourselves. Holistic therapeutic systems like Ayurvedha and
Homeopathy recognize this. Modern living has made such disastrous
effects that the burning sensation in single parts or extremities are
so common. Achamanam takes care of this. Lack of perspiration raises
the body heat. Constipation also is a cause. Even for a man in fever,
giving drops of cold water steadily reduces the temperature. Achamanam
removes the ill effects of today’s hectic lifestyle such as
Constipation, Stress, fatigue etc.

Parvamani

rvis...@gmail.com

vishalam raman

விஸ்வநாதன்

Oct 25, 2008, 5:26:48 AM10/25/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Nice deepavali message, amma.

Love and Regards
Viswanathan

---------- -------------- -------------------- -----------------
On Oct 21, 9:23 pm, "rvisha...@gmail.com" <rvisha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh gentleman ! what r u doing?
Oh i see ! enjoying celebration !
Oh ! ur house is full of lights ,glowing !
Oh! ur heart is jumping with joy !
Oh! ur "vishnuchakras are marvelous !
Your dress too ,very fabulous !
But my dear friend , what about ur own chakras!
Arent they in the dark ?
In the darkness of ignorance.
In the darkness of egoism .
In the darkness of hatred
Oh gentleman wake up.
Who is going to light ur heart ?
Its a high time to realize the inner light
ever shining steadily in the chamber of ur heart ,
Come on!!!! make ur chakras right
Illuminate ur chakras bright ,
That's the celebration of deepavali in height ,
Donate liberally to destitudes
Who will love u with gratitude
Light their houses with love and kindness
The god will shower his blessings with fondness ,,,

with love vishalam

Geetha Sambasivam

Oct 25, 2008, 7:46:01 AM10/25/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
நினைச்சால் கவிதை வரதைப் பார்த்தால் நிஜமாவே பொறாமையா இருக்கு விசாலம். வாழ்த்துகள், அர்த்தமுள்ள கவிதைக்கும், தீபாவளிக்கும் சேர்த்து!

Geetha Sambasivam

Oct 25, 2008, 7:46:56 AM10/25/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
ada, typed in tamil, did not see the heading of the thread!!

rvishalam

Oct 29, 2008, 5:23:57 AM10/29/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
whenever i go to a temple i see many complaining the god for
their sufferrings this poem is the result of that ,,,,,,

complete surrender

Oh God don't u hear me ?
Don't u see my sufferrings?
Are u a stone or a statue?
Visiting temple every day ,
fasting manay days with prayer
Lighting the lamps filled of ghee ,
Still no change i see ,
Are u a sadist ?

"Bang " the door opened ,
A luminous light entered ,
making us astounded ,
" I am God "
with a smiling face answered ,
" my other name is love
love is god ,,,,,,,
Shower love with out any discrimination ,
To me a sage to robber ,
all are equal ,,,,,
Don't blame me for ur sufferrings ,
As u sow a bitter seed
How do u expect a sweet fruit ?
Every action has his reaction ,
That's the theory of law u know ,
Ur accounts are deposited ,
according to ur own deeds ,
but still i 'll reduce ur karma
when ur complete surrender ,
i will reduce ur sufferrings
when u see me in all my creations
I'll remove ur sins
i will completely merge in u
when you see me with in you ,"

with love vishalam

KRM_GM

Oct 29, 2008, 5:41:37 AM10/29/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
Hello,

I am new in the group, yet to start Tamil Emailing :)

Very nice.  I recollect a story I read in "Ambulimama" when I was a kid.  Story titled "Ellaam nanmaikke".  Very short description of the story:

King cuts his finger; Minister says "All for good", and sent to Jail.  Minister says "A F G" again!

King goes for hunting, separates from everyone, caught by people who want to sacrifice him for Kali.

The leader notices the finger and stops the "Bali" (anga-heenargalai baliyiduvadhu illai).

King returns and frees Minister and queries how jail punishment was for good.

Minister says "I would not have left you, and would have been sacrificed!"

One more skit (real incidence in Kovai):

Scripting on the wall: "If all are acts of God, who is responsible for murder, rape and thievery?"
Somebody wrote below"You".

God Bless us all, since He is with us, always ~ whatever happens!

Best regards,
K Raajaram

http://chitirampesuthati.blogspot.com/
http://kathaikathaiyaam.blogspot.com/

BE HAPPY! LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE UNHAPPY!

AKR

Oct 30, 2008, 7:09:07 AM10/30/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sri. Rajaram,

Here is the page containing all the links to the pages which will guide you to install and use the most versatile Tamil transliteration software "Azhagi" the best of all.

You may contact me at any time to clarify any doubt that might arise in the course of installing and using Azhagi.

with best regards

akr
(A.K. Rajagopalan)

Nov 3, 2008, 11:51:38 PM11/3/08
to இல்லம் (your HOME)
A Quote:

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation,
Because your character is what you really are,
While your reputation is merely what others think you are

Love

AKR

Nov 4, 2008, 1:53:51 AM11/4/08
to il...@googlegroups.com
'It is what you think of yourself and what others think of you that account
for your character"

akr
Nov 6, 2008, 2:08:43 PM11/6/08
to illam Google Groups, ! vishalam amma