Kernel 2.6.28

acki

Feb 22, 2012, 7:33:46 PM2/22/12
to ikanos-vx160
Hi guys,

You all probably know that development has kind of stalled. I've been
working on porting the kernel to 2.6.28, and almost got it. Too bad I
got unsolved symbols.

But now, we have sources for 2.6.28 for a vx180 (I know it's a
completely different beast), but the way the adi-fusiv/ directory
(it's called different in this new kernel) is organized would require
some "coding". Not really coding, but moving code from orange's 2.6.15
style to this fritz!box 2.6.28 style. It shouldn't be a big issue, but
I don't have the time neither the will to do it ALONE. If we can
"recruit" some people willing to work on it, I'll be more than glad to
participate.

What benefits would 2.6.28 bring anyways? Well... mac80211, what means
modern ath9k, what means compat-wireless, what probably means
connectivity. Also sources for marvel 88e6xxx + dsa switching arch.
This last one just out of curiosity because there won't be ethernet
driver.

Anyway, that was what I had to say. Regards.

elmanytas

Apr 14, 2012, 7:14:28 AM4/14/12
to ikanos-vx160
Hi,

I think that I could help you!

I recently followed the guide until
http://foro.seguridadwireless.net/livebox-2/iii-reemplazo-de-u-boot-en-livebox2-utilidades-pros-y-contras/
but now http://newshell.bshellz.net/~acki/ does not work so I cannot
compile the kernel with your patch.

I am interested in helping you with the 2.6.28 kernel but I don't know
how. Would you explain me how?

Thank you

+++

Hola

¡Creo que podría ayudarte!

He seguido la guía hasta llegar a
http://foro.seguridadwireless.net/livebox-2/iii-reemplazo-de-u-boot-en-livebox2-utilidades-pros-y-contras/
pero como http://newshell.bshellz.net/~acki/ no funciona no puedo
compilar el kernel con tu parche.

Estoy interesado en ayudarte con el kernel 2.6.28 pero no se como.
¿Me puedes explicar como?

Saludos

acki

Apr 16, 2012, 5:16:08 PM4/16/12
to ikanos-vx160
Hola,

Si, los parches de bshellz desaparecieron. Los volvere a subir a otro
sitio y actualizare los links.
De todas formas, este mailing list esta muerto. Mejor vuelvete a
seguridadwireless que es donde
las cosas se mueven.

Saludos

> Hola
>
> ¡Creo que podría ayudarte!
>
> He seguido la guía hasta llegar ahttp://foro.seguridadwireless.net/livebox-2/iii-reemplazo-de-u-boot-e...
> pero comohttp://newshell.bshellz.net/~acki/no funciona no puedo

Jose Manuel

Apr 17, 2012, 1:03:24 AM4/17/12
to ikanos...@googlegroups.com

Hola

De acuerdo, te preguntaré por allí entonces.

Saludos

Hola ¡Creo que podría ayudarte! He seguido la guía hasta llegar ahttp://foro.seguridadwireless.net/livebox-2/iii-reemplazo-de-u-boot-e... pero comohttp://newshell.bshellz.net/~acki/no funciona no puedo compilar el kernel con tu parche. Estoy interesado en ayudarte con el kernel 2.6.28 pero  no se como. ¿Me puedes explicar como? Saludos On Feb 23, 2:33 am, ackiwrote: