Slow ubuntu on My laptop

Rahul Shivhare

Dec 15, 2014, 8:56:11 AM12/15/14
to iit...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

I need help , after installing Ubuntu 14.4 on my laptop it become extremely slow i dont know the actual reason behind it. I have 2GB RAM and 320GB HD. When I use internet then it hangs allot and become difficult for me to use laptop .

Can you guys please help me with fixing the errors

thanks in advance

Br,
Rahul Shivhare

gajendra khanna

Dec 16, 2014, 10:56:54 PM12/16/14
to iitdlug
Hi Rahul
Please check your kernel log for what messages you are getting
(dmesg|tail) during the problem.
It may give you a hint on what could be the problem.
You can also use any task manager programs to see which application is hogging your resources.
Regards
Gajendra

Srikant Roy

Dec 17, 2014, 11:49:36 AM12/17/14
to iit...@googlegroups.com
hi

I think you have to install your grafix drive, if you have dedicated graphics card.