Expired field

karst...@lifesoft.dk

Jun 18, 2014, 8:43:24 AM6/18/14
to ihealth-de...@googlegroups.com
When requesting the access token (step three in the server side authentication flow) I receive an access token which I can use to successfully gain access to users data. All is good....

But. There is one field in the response however, that have puzzled me a bit. The Expires field always seems to have the same value of 172800. This number should mean 03-Jan-1970, if it is considered seconds since jan 1st 1970 (unix time). This is also shown in the example response in the documentation.

From the documentation:

{
"APIName": "OpenApiWeight OpenApiBPLittle OpenApiWeightLittle OpenApiActive OpenApiBG OpenApiSpO2",
"AccessToken": wo*PaoQkLMSdkV-Zqx-53jTPdgnF02gUUHoYzQo"*****",
"Expires": 172800,
"RefreshToken": "vGQentnJBO1kz9WNGBYGAPyqXE5CvKCRaMcf"*****",
"UserID": "05dffbe0dd*****",
"client_para": "xxx"
}

But shouldnt this field actually designate something about when the token will expire and not just give the same date all the time?

Did you experience the same? Have I misunderstood something here?

Best regards,
Karsten

mserraor...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2014, 5:54:16 AM7/30/14
to ihealth-de...@googlegroups.com
Expires referes to the time which the tokne is valid, in this cases 172800 is 48 hours from the time you made the request.

karst...@lifesoft.dk

Jul 30, 2014, 6:29:51 AM7/30/14
to ihealth-de...@googlegroups.com
Ahh, had not thought of it as a relative value. Thanks!!!