Changing default colors for LOH track

Shireen

Sep 22, 2016, 4:49:55 PM9/22/16
to igv-help
I am using .seg file with LOH info, and I cannot change the color of the LOH:
here is my file, and first couple rows
#type=LOH
#track maxHeightPixels=30:60:90 color=255,255,224  altColor=128,0,128
sample ID chromosome start stop loh (0 or 1)
0007153_A01.OSCHP 1 754192 3635788 0
0007153_A01.OSCHP 1 3639884 16302982 1
0007153_A01.OSCHP 1 16321010 17681277 0

IGV does change the track height, but not the color.
thanks!
Shireen

James Robinson

Sep 23, 2016, 5:56:28 PM9/23/16
to igv-help
Could you attach this segment as a file?  The problem could be improper whitespace (e..g tabs instead of spaces in the track line),  and whitespace is not preserved when you copy/paste to the forum.

--

---

Shireen

Sep 27, 2016, 1:14:50 PM9/27/16
to igv-help
thanks--I have attached it as a file.
Shireen
sj_loh.seg

James Robinson

Sep 27, 2016, 5:36:16 PM9/27/16
to igv-help
Hi,
The problem was a color scale exists for "type=loh",  so your values were ignored.   The trick is to set type to "other".   There were a couple of other problems with your example file, it was missing "#track"  and there was an extra space in the track line.  Try the attached

--

---
sj_loh.seg