Question About the Error When Loading a BED file

bwan...@wisc.edu

Aug 15, 2017, 3:13:17 PM8/15/17
to igv-help
Hi everyone,

I am currently using IGV 2.3.97 version on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64-bit. I ran into the following error when uploading a BED file:

Here is the first few lines of my BED file:

visibility=full graphType=points
chr1    714535    714741    0.029259
chr1    714741    714947    0.032871
chr1    714947    715153    0.032906
chr1    715153    715359    0.028356
chr1    715359    715565    0.022512
chr1    715565    715771    0.019462

After removing the track line, the BED file was successfully loaded. So I am not sure what is correct configuration of the track line. Did I miss out anything important with the track line?

Thank you all so much!

BC Wang

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

James Robinson

Aug 15, 2017, 3:39:10 PM8/15/17
to igv-help
That's not a legal bed file.  Track lines must start with the word "track".

--

---

bwan...@wisc.edu