IGV 2.3.77 setting default preferences on new session load

long le

Jun 24, 2016, 8:00:43 AM6/24/16
to igv-help
Hi,

Is there a way to set the following preferences so that those settings are loaded even in a new session?  I would like to set the following:

Group alignments by firs-in-pair strand
Sort alignments by strand
Collapsed

I have tried to do this with prefs.properties but each new session loads with IGV defaults rather than the above.

On another note, is there a way to set group alignments by first-in-pair strand through batch scripting?  I can't find documentation on this.

Thanks,

Long

James Robinson

Jun 27, 2016, 2:20:32 PM6/27/16
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There are no preferences for grouping or sorting.  If you would like to request this for a future release please open a git issue at github.com/igvteam/igv/issues.

The following command will group alignments in all loaded bam tracks

group FIRST_OF_PAIR_STRAND

Jim

--

---

long le

Jun 27, 2016, 3:42:58 PM6/27/16
to igv-help
Thanks Jim.  Is there a batch command to also set the alignments in collapsed view?

I will post GitHub to request the defaulting feature.

long le

Jun 27, 2016, 3:50:25 PM6/27/16
to igv-help
Sorry, I forgot that collapse is already available in the batch run mode.

Thanks,

Long