Load BAM files with a space character in pathname via port control

已查看 9 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

stefandi...@googlemail.com

未读,
2016年6月6日 05:32:592016/6/6
收件人 igv-help
Hello,

I have written a Java program, which is comunicating with IGV via port 60151. It`s working fine up to now. But when I try to load a BAM file with a space character or a coma in its filepath IGV cuts up at the first space in filepath.

Is there any way to encode this path to make sure IGV will find the file. Renaming th file will not be an option, because everything is automated.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards
Stefan

James Robinson

未读,
2016年6月6日 16:36:452016/6/6
收件人 igv-...@googlegroups.com
Try quoting the filename, as in the example below

private static void testFileWithSpaces(PrintWriter out, BufferedReader in) throws IOException {
String response;
String command = "load \"/Users/jrobinso/projects/Version_1.5_rc2/test/data/gct/file with spaces.gct\"";
System.out.println("asking igv to " + command);
out.println(command);
System.out.println("waiting for response");
response = in.readLine();
System.out.println(response);
}

--

---

stefandi...@googlemail.com

未读,
2016年6月7日 03:15:532016/6/7
收件人 igv-help
Hi Jim,

thanks a lot! It is working. I tried it with single quotes ( ' ) before, which did not work. I did not come up with the idea trying it with double quotes.

Thanks again!
Stefan
回复全部
回复作者