'Copy Sequence' from same strand as the feature

tho.broc...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2017, 10:51:43 AM1/4/17
to igv-help
(This is a duplicate post from https://github.com/igvteam/igv/issues/351 , since this forum seems more frequently used.)

Thanks for all your efforts in developing this nice software.

But recently, I wanted to copy the sequence of a feature (Exon of the loaded GFF file) and it seems that the exported sequence is always from 5' to 3' end of the positive strand of genome regardless of the location of the feature, which is not intuitive.

Since the gene I'm interested in is located on the negative strand, it would make sense that the actual sequence of the feature will be exported, that means the sequence from the negative strand.

Best,
Thomas

PS: I'm using the Linux version 2.3.88