Human hg19 genome for download

PW

Aug 15, 2017, 6:13:58 AM8/15/17
to igv-help
Hi,

I'm using Mac version IGV_2_3_97.
But I have the same problem with linux version etc.

There is no Human hg19 genome file for download. I need to download the genome for later runs (secure environment, no internet access).
My data is already annotated using hg19.

Is hg19 file coming back?

Best regards,

Patrik

Helga Thorvaldsdottir

Aug 16, 2017, 5:55:13 PM8/16/17
to igv-help
Hi Patrik,

You cannot re-load a genome that is already in your IGV pulldown menu, but you can work around it like this:

1. Switch to a different genome (ie not hg19) in the genome pulldown menu.
    - If there's only hg19 in your pulldown menu, you'll need to load another genome from the server - it doesn't matter which one.
2. Go to Genomes > Manage Genomes and remove the hg19 genome.
3. Go to Genomes > Load from Server and select the hg19 genome and check the "Download sequence" box.

Note that this limitation has been removed in IGV 2.4 beta.

Helga