Error fetching genome list: connect timed out

Philip Lijnzaad

Oct 10, 2017, 8:39:28 AM10/10/17
to igv-help
I'm trying to run IGV (IGV_2.4.2, starting it as an app, not webstart) on a Mac running OSX 10.11.16 with Java 8 update 44.
It can't download the genome list (let alone the genome), see attached log file and popup.
After downloading the genome definition from  e.g. http://s3.amazonaws.com/igv.broadinstitute.org/genomes/hg19.genome (into ~/igv/genomes), it says it can't refresh the cache, with 'request failed for url: http://dn7ywbm9isq8j.cloudfront.net/genomes/seq/hg19/hg19.fasta.gz'
In the end I managed to download things and it worked after a few restarts, but it doesn't work out of the box, so you you prolly want to look in to that. Regards,

Philip
broad-not-reachable.png
igv.log

Helga Thorvaldsdottir

Oct 10, 2017, 9:50:26 AM10/10/17
to igv-help
Philip,

I have not been able to reproduce the error. Are you able to access the urls in your web browser?

Helga