New Genome

martina...@berkeley.edu

Jul 12, 2016, 2:54:04 PM7/12/16
to igv-help
Could "the powers that be" please please please consider uploading the latest version (or any for that matter) of the maize genome to the IGV server? My fellow lab members and I are having a very hard time creating our own genome file that IGV can display successfully. The latest Zea mays genome is version AGPv3.31 available from Ensembl at:

All of the genomes on the IGV server seem to work, and I think our BAM files will align if we can just get the genome to build/load right.

Thank you!

James Robinson

Jul 12, 2016, 4:29:46 PM7/12/16
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
I just added htis a “Zea mays (AGPv3.31).  BTW there are 2 other Maize assemblies already available.

The miRNA and repeat region features were removed from the GFF due to its size.  You can load these separately using “File > Load from server…”  after loading the assembly.

--

---

martina...@berkeley.edu

Jul 14, 2016, 7:02:28 PM7/14/16
to igv-help
Thanks Jim for your speedy response!

Xiaofei Wang

Oct 3, 2017, 4:26:22 PM10/3/17
to igv-help
Is it possible to add the latest version of Maize AGPv4.37 to IGV? I can create a genome by myself but it is so hard to load it successfully (large size). So, could you update it to version 4?

Here is the links:

Thanks a lot!

James Robinson

Oct 4, 2017, 12:39:27 AM10/4/17
to igv-help
I'll put it on the list but there is a backlog now.    For a large gff file like this I reccomend that you NOT create a .genome file, its not neccessary.   Rather just load the fasta directly to define the genome.  Then download the gff file and index it, with either tabix (preferred) or igvtools.    The indexed gff can then be loaded from the file menu.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/igv-help/7c70a41b-3654-491d-ba3d-a1fb4593d2b2%40googlegroups.com.

Xiaofei Wang

Oct 4, 2017, 12:13:47 PM10/4/17
to igv-help
Yes, it works. Thanks, and I appreciate you can put it on your list! Best, Xiaofei