Error unable to launch

Robin Wineland

Apr 15, 2014, 3:48:52 PM4/15/14
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
I just reloaded the new version because when I opened to old version it was outdated. I can't remember what I did to get it to work last time. I tried to reload the newest version of java but it said that I already had the lastest version. I am getting this error when I tried to lauch the .bat file.
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(Unknown Source)
 at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
 at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.deploy.net.HttpUtils.followRedirects(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doRequest(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.deploy.net.BasicHttpRequest.doGetRequestEX(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.checkUpdateAvailable(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.isUpdateAvailable(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.deploy.model.ResourceProvider.isUpdateAvailable(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload.getUpdatedLaunchDesc(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.updateFinalLaunchDesc(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.prepareToLaunch(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Launcher.launch(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Main.launchApp(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Main.continueInSecureThread(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Main.access$000(Unknown Source)
 at com.sun.javaws.Main$1.run(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Jim Robinson

Apr 15, 2014, 4:21:39 PM4/15/14
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Could you please post or email the igv.log file to igv-team (at) broadinstitute.org?  It should be in <user home>/igv.

Jim
--

---