A strange bug

gokalpcel...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2017, 9:23:16 AM10/16/17
to igv-help
Hi

I would like to inform all about a strange bug that I came across with IGV 3.0 betas and 2.4x releases.

If there is a folder named hg19 at the root of your user's home folder where igv folder (that carries the settings and genomes) is also present IGV throws an error message saying that hg19.fai is not created at the home folder. This is a strange issue and normally should not happen as the root of the home folder is not somewhere that IGV should look for any files.

Thanks.

James Robinson

Oct 16, 2017, 3:20:07 PM10/16/17
to igv-help
That is strange, and I agree with you.   So the hg19 folder is a sibling of the igv folder, not inside of it?

--

---

gokalpcel...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2017, 1:32:09 AM10/17/17
to igv-help
Exactly. Both folders are at the root of the user home folder. They are siblings. Interestingly IGV is trying to read something from that folder.

James Robinson

Oct 17, 2017, 11:19:48 AM10/17/17
to igv-help
Yea that's clearly a bug, thanks for reporting it, will fix.

--

---