adding information on default reftable annotation

Varun Gupta

Jun 26, 2017, 5:28:40 PM6/26/17
to igv-help
Hi,
I am trying to make sashimi plots for my gene of interest. This gene has a micro-exon which is not annotated in hg19 ref seq reftable which igv uses by default. How can I add that micro-exon information in the default annotation which IGV uses? This is because, if IGV doesn't know about this exon, it won't show any splicing on the shashimi plot.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
Varun

James Robinson

Jun 26, 2017, 5:59:11 PM6/26/17
to igv-help
You can load your own annotation file as bed, gtf, or gff.   When opening the Sashimi plot it lets you choose which annotation track to use.

--

---

Varun Gupta

Varun Gupta

Jun 27, 2017, 3:07:13 PM6/27/17
to igv-help
Hi Jim,
I was able to modify the refFlat file and was able to load it with my micro-exon. When doing Sashimi plot though, I cannot see the junction coverage across that micro-exon, even though we have lot of junctions around it.
What options should I change.

Thanks for the help.

[...]

James Robinson

Jul 10, 2017, 12:05:19 PM7/10/17
to igv-help
I assume you have "Show Exon Coverage Data" checked?  I don't understand your comment about "junctions around it",   the only thing that matters are reads that align or partially align to that exon.   If you don't see look at the coverage of the exon on the regular alignment track,   is there any there?  If so check the data range on the sashimi plot, perhaps the max value is too large.   You can set it by right-clicking and selecting  "Set Exon Coverage Max".