Sep 29, 2017, 4:23:19 PM9/29/17
to igv-help
  1. I am using IGV v2.4.1
  2. I originally BLATed a gRNA primer to a gene and it appeared as a new track. I also added 2 flanking PCR primers near this gene as well and they also appeared as new tracks. I then saved the session (it saved as an .xml) and quit the program. I then opened IGV and then went to “Open Session…” and opened the previously saved session .xml.
  3. I expected that opening a previously saved session would also open the primer tracks I have added.
  4. When it opened, it showed the gene I was looking at on the “Gene” track, but it did not load the tracks with the aligned primers that I had added. I looked at the text of the .xml file and it says that the tracks I added are in the file though.
Please help! I am new to using IGV and other genome browsers.

igv_session.xml
igv.log

James Robinson

Sep 30, 2017, 3:39:43 PM9/30/17
to igv-help
Hi,
I investigated this and you have encountered a limitation with IGV,  blat tracks are not recreated on session load.   I'm surprised this hasn't been reported before.  In any event I've entered this as an enhancement request here:  https://github.com/igvteam/igv/issues/468/     I will try to have a fix for the 2.4.2 release.   You can follow progress on github.

--

---