Incorrect Read Colors with Orientation+Insert Size

bradyf...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2017, 11:24:13 AM6/21/17
to igv-help
Hello,
I am using IGV 2.3.90 and I am having issues showing proper read colors for Illumina paired end reads. With orientation and insert size turned on, all reads except for translocation reads show as red. My understanding is that orientation is checked first, then insert size. In this case reads are RR orientation but colored red, but when colored only by orientation they show the correct inversion color. Changing to color by orientation only isn't a solution as I want to be able to visualize deletion reads as well. Is there a setting I can look into for this?

Thanks
OrientationandInsert.PNG
OritentationOnly.PNG

James Robinson

Jun 21, 2017, 3:52:47 PM6/21/17
to igv-help
Hi, you are correct, that is a bug.   The insert size color is overriding the orientation color.   I'll fix it, it will be in tonights snapshot release and the "3.0 beta" release.   Also the next 2.3.9x release but that's not scheduled yet.

Jim

--

---

bradyf...@gmail.com