Future release notes !!!

Malcolm Cook

Jun 10, 2016, 11:47:27 PM6/10/16
to igv-help
Hi,

Following are a few release notes I'd like to read someday.  I came with them while using IGV for a new (to me) purpose: QC DoveTail and BioNano genome assembly scaffolding.

 * in a .bam alignments track:
    - horizontal lines connecting paired reads are now distinguishable from those separating groups, for which dash-dot lines are now used
    - the lines separating groups are now optionally labelled with the group value in the top LHS of each group's assigned area.
    - you can now "filter" in addition to "group", "sort", and "color".  So far, only one defined filter:  "Filter Alignments By > intra-chromosomal" (which displays only alignments pairs where both reads are on the current chromosome, hiding all others).   Filtering occurs before grouping, which occurs before sorting.

* On-hover reported insert sizes of left and right members of a pair are now equal (or else an explanation for how it can be that they are not).

* "View > Reorder Panels" is now "View > Manage Panels" and the dialog now includes an option to add a new panel to the display.

* Jumping navigation capabilities of control-F and control-B are improved: holding down shift while jumping centers the display on the new feature and sets the zoom level so the entire feature takes up 90% of the current screen (with 5% left and right context).  These percentages could be a new option.

Thanks for IGV,

Malcolm

Jim Robinson

Jun 11, 2016, 11:06:30 PM6/11/16
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
Hey Malcolm,  you'll increase the odds, and get automatic updates, by creating (separate) git issues,   I think there are 6 requests here.
--

---

Message has been deleted

Malcolm Cook

Jun 14, 2016, 5:20:46 PM6/14/16
to igv-help

Malcolm Cook

Aug 18, 2016, 3:13:43 PM8/18/16
to igv-help
Hi,

Back in June I created six github issues.  Is there a best way to learn if they have a chance of being taken on by the project?

Thanks,
Malcolm

Jim Robinson

Aug 18, 2016, 3:45:05 PM8/18/16
to igv-...@googlegroups.com

They all have a chance until they are closed with "won't do".    The second-to-last I'm working on now (labeling groups).

The 2.3.x releases are basically on bug-fix maintenance only, except for trivial changes and additions.   All effort now is on the next major release, 3.0, which is reflected on work in the snaphshot build.  You can peruse the git history to keep track.   I'm also working on igv.js of course.   So as these get addressed you will need to run the "snapshot" to see them, in all likelihood.    3.0 should be released by the end of the year.

--

---

Malcolm Cook

Aug 18, 2016, 6:13:02 PM8/18/16
to igv-help
Thanks Jim - seems entirely reasonable... and good news to boot... ~Malcolm