genotype attributes

C K

Jul 15, 2016, 2:57:13 AM7/15/16
to igv-help
Dear all,

I have a questions regarding abbreviations in IGV and I couldn't find a list in the IGV online help. When hovering over a SNP of a vcf file, I see the following information under genotype attributes:  SS, AD, FA. What do they stand for?
Thank you and kind regards,
Christiane

James Robinson

Jul 15, 2016, 3:12:11 AM7/15/16
to igv-help
Hi, I assume you are using the latest version of IGV since you didn't specify.  The tooltip is  just reporting what is recorded in the VCF file, they are not created by IGV.   Please refer to VCF documentation,  or the tool which created the VCF,  for details.

--

---