GENE ANNOTATION MISSING

Varun Gupta

Aug 22, 2016, 4:29:54 PM8/22/16
to igv-help
Hi,
I am using Zebra fish genome and was looking for the gene called ARSI, but IGV does not show this gene. Why so??
GENOME : GRCz10/danRer10

I looked into ensembl data base and it is present there.

Thanks
Regards
Varun

Jim Robinson

Aug 22, 2016, 4:59:14 PM8/22/16
to igv-...@googlegroups.com

Is it present in the refseq set from UCSC?  That is the set we use for annotations.

--

---

VG

Aug 22, 2016, 5:15:47 PM8/22/16
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,
I looked for that gene on UCSC browser and I cannot find it. Thanks for the help. Can you also tell me how to extract the refseq set from UCSC for Zebra fish for known genes. I know it is by default loaded when we load the genome.

Thanks
Varun

On 8/22/16 1:29 PM, Varun Gupta wrote:
Hi,
I am using Zebra fish genome and was looking for the gene called ARSI, but IGV does not show this gene. Why so??
GENOME : GRCz10/danRer10

I looked into ensembl data base and it is present there.

Thanks
Regards
Varun
--

---

---

Jim Robinson

Aug 22, 2016, 5:20:56 PM8/22/16
to igv-...@googlegroups.com

There are various files ready for download here, many can be loaded directly into IGV.  If you give me a list of these files you'd like I will try adding them,  but don't say "all of them" my time for this is limited:

http://hgdownload.cse.ucsc.edu/goldenPath/danRer10/database/

You can also use the table browser and extract annotations in "bed" format.  Be sure to name the file to end in ".bed".

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/igv-help/CAN7A_QxR%3D40qfchD5WD_qTqf3d_Ngs6EnkZfVHO-yjV6O8_ZBQ%40mail.gmail.com.