Sequence display not working

Seema Lakdawala

Aug 3, 2016, 11:33:18 AM8/3/16
to igv-help
Hi, I am new to IGV, so these may be an obvious solution to my problem.

I am using IGV 2.3.79 on a Mac with OS 10.10.5.

I have uploaded a .genomes file that my collaborator is using. Unfortunately when I zoom all the way in the bases corresponding to the sequwnce are not visible in the sequence rom (found above the gene row). When I hover over the area where the base pairs should be this is the message I get: "Sequence info not found. Make sure the server in question supports byte-range requests, and that there are no firewalls which remove this information"

I am not sure how to make sure my server is not the issue.  My colleague is using the same genome file and can see the base pairs.  I downloaded the software yesterday and moved it to my applications folder for it to run.

Many thanks,
Seema

James Robinson

Aug 3, 2016, 11:48:04 AM8/3/16
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
Where is the fasta file associated with this .genome?  If your collaborator defined a .genome file using a local file path to the fasta you will not be able to see it.   The best solution for this case is to not use a .genome file at all,  but rather load the fasta to define the reference (i.e. load the fasta instead of .genome),  then load as many annotation files as you like from the file menu.

--

---