UNable to visualise loaded sequence from bam files

elizabet...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2016, 7:18:38 PM11/11/16
to igv-help
It is a few months since I used IGV but I have stored BAM files (with their BAI).
I tried to load bam files, using both IGV started from windows and IGV downloaded from windows package (latest version today)
I tried from two different computers
When I tried to visualise the sequences of any stored BAM files the track 'loads' (i.e. I can see it referenced on the far left panel) but there is nothing at all visible in the window to the left.
Has something changed about how I am supposed to upload BAM files with an IGV upgrade
Help!! needed for clinical care
thanks
Emma

James Robinson

Nov 11, 2016, 8:42:41 PM11/11/16
to igv-help
Nothing has changed with IGV.   Could you attach a screenshot of what you see?  Are any warning or error messages displayed when you load the file?

--

---