Error reading header: bad magic number

Nick Didkovsky

Aug 18, 2017, 12:32:23 PM8/18/17
to igv-help
Hello

I have a servlet that provides a TDF file via a URL like this:
This URL, when entered into a web browser, successfully delivers mytdf.tdf

Now I want to pass this URL to IGV, like so:
(note that I've encoded the question mark and ampersand param delimiters)

IGV reports that it's loading, waits about 30 seconds and pops up an error message showing the properly formatted, decoded URL followed by  "Error reading header: bad magic number."  (indeed, I can copy and paste the URL from the error message directly into my web browser and the TDF downloads fine).

Checking my server logs, I see this URL did not even reach my servlet.

Any advice appreciated.

thanks
Nick