Empty track from gtf file

Evan Henneberry

Jul 26, 2017, 4:14:18 AM7/26/17
to igv-help
Hello,

I am trying to visualize variants within sorted gtf files generated from cufflinks. When I load them into IGV, nothing is displayed. I have tried zooming in on many regions, set feature visibility window to 0 to see all the genes, and still nothing.

I can see the Ref Seq genes, so that is ok, but for my data there is nothing showing up.

Any idea why this is occurring?

Thanks

James Robinson

Jul 26, 2017, 2:56:20 PM7/26/17
to igv-help
Do the sequence (chromosome) names in your gtf file match those in the reference you are viewing?   If they do you'll need to post the file,  don't copy & paste it into a post as whitespace is lost.

--

---

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

James Robinson

Jul 28, 2017, 10:07:12 AM7/28/17
to igv-help
This file loads correctly (see screenshot).   It contains a lot of transcript records in the same location of chr11.    I'm not sure what you are expecting to see.

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 2:16 AM, Evan Henneberry <evan.he...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

Yes, the chromosome names match the reference. I attached the file.

Thanks

--

---

Evan Henneberry

Aug 1, 2017, 2:57:46 AM8/1/17
to igv-help

Hi Jim,

That is exactly what I expect to see. For some reason, it was not showing up in the track. However, I indeed now do see it as well.

Thanks for the help!