Custom JSON track

Steven Reisman

Aug 9, 2017, 12:24:08 PM8/9/17
to igv-help
Hi,

I have been looking through documentation and previous posts, but cannot seem to find any information on building custom tracks using some type of JSON object.  My goal would be to build an API which can dynamically build track information for IGV to display, rather than directly providing a link to some track file.  Is this possible with the current implementation of IGV, and in particular with IGV.js?

Regards,
Steven

James Robinson

Aug 9, 2017, 4:13:19 PM8/9/17
to igv-help
Hi Steven,

There is nothing out-of-the-box to do this,  but there are several 1-off webservice / json backed portals that do not use files.   For example gtex,  https://www.gtexportal.org/home/.    Also ga4gh services.   I have plans to generalize these,  it would not be difficult.

Could you open an issue on github (igv.js project)  to discuss this?  I would like more details on what you are looking to do,  github is the proper forum for that.

Jim

--

---

Steven Reisman

Aug 9, 2017, 10:19:18 PM8/9/17
to igv-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jim,

Thanks so much for your response!  I have posted the question as an issue in the github page and provided a small example of what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks,
Steven

--

---