Is there any way to recover my regions of interest after igv freezes?

Valeria King

Jun 7, 2017, 5:26:48 PM6/7/17
to igv-help
Hello,

IGV began to freeze while I was scrolling through the browser for quite some time. I had 8 tracks loaded, 2 .bam files and the coverage maps for each, a genome, and 2 relatively small .bed files. I had highlighted numerous regions of interest, but now I am unable to click on anything in the window including File>Save session. I did not have any trouble with freezing and stalling before this occurred, but now it seems to be indefinitely loading the last region I scrolled to. I am afraid to close the window because hours of work will be lost. Is there any way to stop the program from incessantly loading or is there any way I can recover the positions for the regions of interest that I indicated?

 IGV version: The folder that the program is located in is named 'IGV_2.3.83_jre', but inside that folder is a folder called 'jre1.8.0_101', and the file named 'release' indicated that's the version is 1.8.0
Computer OS: Windows 10 version:1607

igv.log.1

Valeria King

Jun 7, 2017, 5:29:37 PM6/7/17
to igv-help

Here is the correct .log file.
igv.log

James Robinson

Jun 7, 2017, 5:48:09 PM6/7/17
to igv-help
Unfortuantely I don't know of anyway to interrupt this since I'm not there and don't know what is going on.  In the log you sent there are many errors with importing a region-of-interest file.   If you are importing a file can you attach it here?

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 2:29 PM, Valeria King <vmkin...@gmail.com> wrote:

Here is the correct .log file.

--

---