Cannot see the entire genome

khork...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2017, 2:12:22 PM4/11/17
to igv-help
Hello,

When I zoom out the genome to the smallest, I cannot see the entire genome coverage. When I zoom in to the middle or higher, part of the genome coverage show up. Can I just see the whole genome without zoom in.

Thanks.

James Robinson

Apr 12, 2017, 10:11:40 AM4/12/17
to igv-help
Hi, coverage of what?  Are you referring to alignments from a bam file?

--

---

khork...@gmail.com

James Robinson

Apr 12, 2017, 3:16:56 PM4/12/17
to igv-help
To see whole genome coverage you will have to precompute it.  You can use igvtools for this, see the "count" command here:  http://software.broadinstitute.org/software/igv/igvtools_gui

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/igv-help/03f7b14d-8b1b-4dd1-b11b-d110ba20723b%40googlegroups.com.

khork...@gmail.com

Apr 13, 2017, 4:29:38 PM4/13/17
to igv-help
Hello Jim,

Thank you for your answer. Now I can see the whole genome. Is it possible to export the histogram into excel to show the coverage at each position? I am interested in identifying the genome positions with highest coverage. Thanks.

Jessica

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 2:24 PM, <khork...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

James Robinson

Apr 13, 2017, 5:02:51 PM4/13/17
to igv-help
No, not from igv.   I actually think you want to use an analysis tool for that sort of work.   Look at bedtools.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/igv-help/15063fbb-2bc5-4657-918f-f5870d9187bd%40googlegroups.com.