Cannot load bam file

kt.cat...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2017, 4:44:16 AM1/12/17
to igv-help
Hi

I am having problems with viewing .BAM files in IGV.

The genome of my interest is loaded and I want to see RNA-seq data.

.bam and .bam.bai files are in the same folder, but when I try loading the .bam file to view the reads, I get the following error massages:

"Error loading SAM header: Cannot use index file with textual SAM file"

Followed by:

"Error loading C:\Users\wtq284\Desktop\Medicago genome files\MtNod10dpi_1.sorted.bam: null"

For the record, I am a biologist, not a bioinformatician.

Hope someone can help

THomas

James Robinson

Jan 12, 2017, 1:39:13 PM1/12/17
to igv-help
The first error would indicate you have a "sam" format file,  not a "bam" file.    Could you attach your "igv.log" file?  It might have further clues.  Its located in an "igv" folder in your home directory.

--

---