shell terminal hidden on macOSX!!

Neha Rohilla

Sep 10, 2015, 6:04:38 PM9/10/15
to Interactive Editor for Python
hi,
i am relatively new to pyzo and python, and have accidentally closed(yes, closed the shell window) and i do not know how to get it back, i have tried all the options available on the IEP, but with no result whatsoever. the shell terminal is also not listed in the "tools" dropdown menu, any and all help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
neha.

Almar Klein

Sep 11, 2015, 4:32:34 AM9/11/15
to ie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neha,

Go to the help menu and then "about IEP". There you'll find the location
of the IEP appdata directory. From that directory delete the
config.ssdf. If that does not work, delete the whole directory.

We've been getting several reports of this lately. What OS are you on?
And how did you manage to close the shell?

- Almar

Neha Rohilla

Sep 11, 2015, 10:34:37 AM9/11/15
to ie...@googlegroups.com
Hi Almar,

Only deleting the config.ssdf did not help but deleting the folder helped. Entire process didn't help in the first attempt but then I opened the dummy file present in same folder as config.ssdf, fortunately there was a shell with that file and now its there. :)

About closing the shell, it was an accidental click somewhere on the screen and it closed.
Thanks for the prompt help.

Thanks
Neha

luke.ma...@univ-lyon1.fr

Oct 21, 2015, 4:29:18 AM10/21/15
to Interactive Editor for Python
Hi,
I'm also reporting on an identical problem: shell terminal separated from the main IEP window (to optimize/personalize appearance on 2screens) and then closed inadvertently... and remains hidden when restarting IEP, although the shell is running (code can be executed from the editor).
(fyi, my system runs under Windows7 64bits)

I was wondering whether there was more on this issue than the rather brutal delete/reinstall solution ?
in the config.ssdf file there are settings dealing with "window geometry", "window state", etc. wouldn't that be the place where to reset dimensions and window appearance?

actually, replacing my windowState definition by the one taken from another machine worked pretty well: the shell terminal appears again! :-)
if you don't have the opportunity to check on another machine, you can use that line: "AdnQywABAAAAAAd8/////AAADwMAAAQ7AAAJeAAAAIsAAA0vAAAEpwAAAAECAA==\n"
(copied from WinXP 32bits machine and pasted in config.ssdf on Win7 64bits)

anyway, thank you very much for this wonderful IDE! on long live Python :-)
Thanks
Luke

Almar Klein

Oct 21, 2015, 5:02:07 AM10/21/15
to ie...@googlegroups.com, luke.ma...@univ-lyon1.fr
Oh wow. I can reproduce this on Linux too. The dock widget for the shell
is not closable, but apparently it *can* be closed when hitting CTRL+F4.
I just pushed a commit to prevent it from being floatable to avoid this
situation.

For the time being, you can also open the logger shell and type this to
make it re-appear:

iep.shells.parent().setFloating(False)
iep.shells.parent().show() # Maybe just this command is enough

- Almar